Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:50 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Exactly.

As for the ufc event I got cormier due to his wrestling I think he will do what he normally does as for the main event I got francis in the early rounds and stipe in the late rounds.

Well who ever wins you can all guarantee one thing "this guy is the greatest heavyweight of all time" they are so desperate to have the top ten greatest to be ufc  fighters only. I know this has nothing to do with the topic I couldn't be bothered starting a new thread

Will definitely be hearing that for sure.

Stipe won so yep we will be hearing those comments. Congrats to rory he became a champion Douglas showed he is no b level fighter Andrey koreshkov should be next for rory.

I'm a Miocic fan but there was nothing there that made him incredible as Ngannou looked awful. As for being the greatest heavyweight, it's a joke. Remember how they said Cain was after the third Dos Santos fight? How well did that turn out?

Koreshkov would be a great opponent.

He would be and people seem to forget who am I kidding they only started watching when McGregor came on the scene both tim and randy defended the heavyweight belt 3x as well not consecutively mind you that still should count. Fedor is still the greatest heavyweight ever he has the record not mention being a 10x world champion himself.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1969
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:02 am

^^they have been saying shit like that even when pride was around with Dana saying how silvia and arlovski would smash fedor and we saw the results of those fights. Then brock was the baddest man why cause his got big muscles? Then cain won then lost the belt then Jds then Jds was the heavyweight goat then Cain, then werdum, now stipe. Like I said they just want the top 10 goats to be ufc guys only.

On Bellator how do people think Chael will match up with either fedor or frank? Who will win the upcoming match? If this was 2003 fedor all the way I think who ever controls the pace and the stand up will win.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1969
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:13 am

westcott123 wrote:^^they have been saying shit like that even when pride was around with Dana saying how silvia and arlovski would smash fedor and we saw the results of those fights. Then brock was the baddest man why cause his got big muscles? Then cain won then lost the belt then Jds then Jds was the heavyweight goat then Cain, then werdum, now stipe. Like I said they just want the top 10 goats to be ufc guys only.

On Bellator how do people think Chael will match up with either fedor or frank? Who will win the upcoming match? If this was 2003 fedor all the way I think who ever controls the pace and the stand up will win.

UFC's heavyweights have mostly been hype. Every heavyweight champion is proclaimed "The Baddest Man On The Planet". Brock was a one dimensional wrestler and there's reason's why the guy is considered the white version of Bob Sapp. Lesnar was pathetic basically pissing his pants whenever he got punched in the face. Cain could've been great but he was always plagued by injuries. JDS was good but his window was brief. Miocic is a good but he's no way near GOAT status. First of all, you're right in that Sylvia and Couture have made three successful defenses over their reigns yet Jon Anik is saying Miocic is now the most celebrated heavyweight in UFC history. Other than his title win, Miocic has yet to prove himself as he struggled at times against Overeem, then he beat an extremely washed up Dos Santos, and now beat a one dimensional Ngannou who has no ground skills and makes Mark Coleman look like Cain in the cardio department.

As for the other stuff, it's anyone's guess on how they'll match against Chael. Sadly, I think the Fedor/Frank fight will go down to who's the least deteriorated.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:19 am

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1588414191205728&id=105550656158763

Well it didn't take them long and yes I think it does depend on whom is more deteriorated.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1969
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:51 am

Congratulations to Aaron Pico the guy is 2-1 just basically starting in mma people are were already calling this guy a "can crusher" I mean for fuck sake what is he supposed to fight the fight the champion straight away?
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1969
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:19 am

westcott123 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1588414191205728&id=105550656158763

Well it didn't take them long and yes I think it does depend on whom is more deteriorated.

Look, I like Miocic but right now, he's pretty much a right place at the right time. He's on top of an aging heavyweight division. Cain is constantly injured, JDS is beat up and seen better days, and Werdum, Overeem, Barnett & Hunt are past their primes all the while being up there in age & mileage while Barnett is out due to USADA. It's not exactly like he's dominating a shark infested heavyweight roster filled with a murders row in their primes.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:01 am

^^ I was reading some comments on their saying heavyweight today are more "advanced" as usual they don't provide an answer to what is more "advanced" just higher levels and all that jazz

. I was going to respond to some of them no I already know what will happen they  parrot the same shit they always do. One guy was saying fedor trash cause he lost to Hendo well by that logic every other person who lost to Hendo must also be trash besides if fedor is a trash fighter why was Dana be so desperate to sign him?
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1969
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:33 am

westcott123 wrote:Congratulations to Aaron Pico the guy is 2-1 just basically starting in mma people are were already calling this guy a "can crusher" I mean for fuck sake what is he supposed to fight the fight the champion straight away?

What the fuck do they expect? Guy is in his third fight. Also, his debut fight, he fought Freeman who had nine fights under his belt.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:30 am

westcott123 wrote:^^ I was reading some comments on their saying heavyweight today are more "advanced" as usual they don't provide an answer to what is more "advanced" just higher levels and all that jazz

. I was going to respond to some of them no I already know what will happen they  parrot the same shit they always do. One guy was saying fedor trash cause he lost to Hendo well by that logic every other person who lost to Hendo must also be trash besides if fedor is a trash fighter why was Dana be so desperate to sign him?

Can someone explain to me how Ngannou is "advanced"? Gassed before the first round ended and completely clueless on the ground. By the way, I notice fans are saying what a great fight it was and saying casuals were disappointed. What fight we're they watching?

It's laughable as I still remember when Cain was called the heavyweight greatest of all time after the third JDS fight. What happened after that? Cain fizzled and is now a memory. UFC fans are more fickle than teenagers as they hop on the newest trend and immediately abandon it once it goes out of style.

As far as Fedor losing to Hendo, it's likely cause Hendo is smaller so they say he sucks because he lost to a smaller fighter. Strange considering that Anderson Silva who was considered the greatest of all time lost to welterweight Ryo Chonan but that's forgotten. Chuck Liddell lost to middleweight Rich Franklin.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:40 pm

Was really hoping Lima would win that.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12429
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:09 pm

CDF47 wrote:Was really hoping Lima would win that.  

Same here though I will say rory didn't blow right through him like they thought he will.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1969
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:06 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:^^ I was reading some comments on their saying heavyweight today are more "advanced" as usual they don't provide an answer to what is more "advanced" just higher levels and all that jazz

. I was going to respond to some of them no I already know what will happen they  parrot the same shit they always do. One guy was saying fedor trash cause he lost to Hendo well by that logic every other person who lost to Hendo must also be trash besides if fedor is a trash fighter why was Dana be so desperate to sign him?

Can someone explain to me how Ngannou is "advanced"? Gassed before the first round ended and completely clueless on the ground.  By the way, I notice fans are saying what a great fight it was and saying casuals were disappointed. What fight we're they watching?

It's laughable as I still remember when Cain was called the heavyweight greatest of all time after the third JDS fight. What happened after that? Cain fizzled and is now a memory. UFC fans are more fickle than teenagers as they hop on the newest trend and immediately abandon it once it goes out of style.

As far as Fedor losing to Hendo, it's likely cause Hendo is smaller so they say he sucks because he lost to a smaller fighter. Strange considering that Anderson Silva who was considered the greatest of all time lost to welterweight Ryo Chonan but that's forgotten. Chuck Liddell lost to middleweight Rich Franklin.

Apprently gassing out in the first round and having no idea on what to do on the ground makes you more "advanced" what a joke cro cop in his early years had more ground knowledge then Nganaou he at least knew  how to get back up.

As for Fedor loosing to Hendo there literally the same size it just fedor has the belly on him and besides it wasn't like Fedor got dominated then got knocked out and that goes for his other losses as well.

With chuck yes granted he was past his best when he fought rich chuck also fought guys tailored made for his style as we all know anytime he fought some one who knew how to strike he lost or struggled.

Anderson loosing to chonan the excuse is Anderson was not in his prime right he was what 27-29 14-2 and had been competing for 7 8 years the other one is that the fight was "fixed" for all those people who say all of JMMA is just "fixed" I bet none of them have the balls to step in the ring over there and prove people like us wrong.

Edit comment at the end of the day fedor has the most top 10 wins in heavyweight history even if a person removed the cans and the freak shows trouble is this sport has a what have you done for me lately vibe I'm not accusing anyone on here you can all see my point. It is pathetic of how the legends are getting trashed all because they didn't fight in this Era or they never fought in the ufc, you never see that in any other sport.


Last edited by westcott123 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1969
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:09 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Was really hoping Lima would win that.  

Same here though I will say rory didn't blow right through him like they thought he will.

That's true. It was a tough fight and Rory even said it was the toughest fighter he faced.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12429
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:04 pm

The results weren't what I hoped other than Pico winning. I too hoped Lima would win but this isn't bad at all for Bellator as they have a Canadian champion that can probably help them advance to Canada. I really hoped Yamauchi could've pulled off the upset. I also preferred Rampage but not surprised he lost.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:21 pm

I was hoping for Rampage as well.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12429
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:52 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:Congratulations to Aaron Pico the guy is 2-1 just basically starting in mma people are were already calling this guy a "can crusher" I mean for fuck sake what is he supposed to fight the fight the champion straight away?

What the fuck do they expect? Guy is in his third fight. Also, his debut fight, he fought Freeman who had nine fights under his belt.

It is the usual zombie crap as soon as someone else were and not the ufc they're automatically a "can crusher" which begs the question if guys like Fedor aoki fernandes are all can crushers then why would the ufc offer them contracts?
Dana said at point fedor my obsession there are 2 sides I believe fedor version over Dana
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1969
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Miocic after wins over Hunt, Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem, JDS and Ngannou has to be considered one of best HWs of all time.

Discussions about who is the G.O.A.T. in my opinion are pointless because only way we can know is if they fight and some fights iike prime Fedor vs. Miocic or Muhammad Ali vs. Mike Tyson will never happen and any discussion is just pure pointless speculation and only question should be who is best fighter in world now.

I am looking forward to Miocic vs. Cain fight.
avatar
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Moderator

Location : Croatia
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:11 pm

westcott123 wrote:On Bellator how do people think Chael will match up with either fedor or frank? Who will win the upcoming match? If this was 2003 fedor all the way I think who ever controls the pace and the stand up will win.

Well if Fedor wins against Mir it would mean Fedor is still good and I would have to consider him favourite over Sonnen.

I wonder if Mir wins will Sonnen try to take down Mir? scratch Very Happy   Yeah not good match up for Sonnen.
Well Sonnen improved his stand up little bit and actually landed couple decent punches on Rampage also he is competing on BJJ tournaments and his ground game is improving.

Sonnen is improving little bit but his thing is wrestling. He strikes with intention to get opening for takedown not to KO people, his grappling game is focused on top game I can see that he is working on arm triangle's, kimura's and similar but he is trouble when on bottom like in Tito Ortiz fight or against Evans.

Sonnen is wrestler and when he fights Anderson Silva who has problems with wrestlers it works for him but it would not work for him against Mir.

Now average fan would say Sonnen sucks he is one trick pony and should learn to strike and there is some truth in it.
He focused whole game on takedowns. He strikes to take people down and because of that he is worse striker and better at takedowns and it is not that you can just like that change way you strike (and he strikes to take people down).
In my opinion he should play with fact that he is great wrestler and work on some kind of overhand left variations where he fakes takedown to land overhand left and where he fakes overhand left to get takedown but that is easier said than done. In Ramapge vs. Sonnen fight you can see Sonnen trowing bunch of overhands and I think he is working on it and improving his strikng game but I still think he will lose next fight in tournament.

I see Mir and Bader or Mitrione in finale.
avatar
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Moderator

Location : Croatia
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:04 pm

Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:Miocic after wins over Hunt, Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem, JDS and Ngannou has to be considered one of best HWs of all time.

Discussions about who is the G.O.A.T. in my opinion are pointless because only way we can know is if they fight and some fights iike prime Fedor vs. Miocic or Muhammad Ali vs. Mike Tyson will never happen and any discussion is just pure pointless speculation and only question should be who is best fighter in world now.  

I am looking forward to Miocic vs. Cain fight.

True but it is fun to speculate though what gets me right is that people acting like Nganaou is more advanced then say guys like cro cop and noguiera granted Nganaou started mma just 5 years ago I mean cro cop started mma from when he began to his fight with Fedor 5 years as well cro cop had 20 matches now so people think the reason is because cro cop fought more often? added more wrinkles to his game or is it just he had the better team? Nganaou has potential he should go to Jackson or att, aka Tristar obviously the ufc performance center doesn't teach wrestling or cardio.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1969
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:10 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

Same here I think lima is going to win let's be real the main  reason why people are picking rory is because he was in the ufc. That what it boils down to in the end

Exactly.

As for the ufc event I got cormier due to his wrestling I think he will do what he normally does as for the main event I got francis in the early rounds and stipe in the late rounds.

Well who ever wins you can all guarantee one thing "this guy is the greatest heavyweight of all time" they are so desperate to have the top ten greatest to be ufc  fighters only. I know this has nothing to do with the topic I couldn't be bothered starting a new thread

Will definitely be hearing that for sure.

Stipe won so yep we will be hearing those comments. Congrats to rory he became a champion Douglas showed he is no b level fighter Andrey koreshkov should be next for rory. It was funny seeing stipe snatch the belt from Dana a big fuck you.

Yeah that was good to see him grab the belt.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12429
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:37 pm

CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Exactly.

As for the ufc event I got cormier due to his wrestling I think he will do what he normally does as for the main event I got francis in the early rounds and stipe in the late rounds.

Well who ever wins you can all guarantee one thing "this guy is the greatest heavyweight of all time" they are so desperate to have the top ten greatest to be ufc  fighters only. I know this has nothing to do with the topic I couldn't be bothered starting a new thread

Will definitely be hearing that for sure.

Stipe won so yep we will be hearing those comments. Congrats to rory he became a champion Douglas showed he is no b level fighter Andrey koreshkov should be next for rory. It was funny seeing stipe snatch the belt from Dana a big fuck you.

Yeah that was good to see him grab the belt.

It's even funnier because Ndongo was their big scary beast who was suppose to be the next world conqueror, and Stipe was the underdog.

It was an interesting fight to watch, and my conventions will lead me to back a champion who is in this situation. So, I was talking to my screen during the fight.

Stipe won by being a technically sound all-around fighter.

He came out looking for takedowns, which didn't initially work, but Stipe's boxing did show through in the early going. Stipe did not want to stand and trade in the early going, as that's where Ndongu was most dangerous, but that turned into his plan-B, and he was able to outbox Ndongu, with crisp punching, working behind a jab, and head movement. After Stipe nullified Ndongu here, and this led to a takedown and ground-and-pound, Ndongu was already a spent force.

It was a quality win, but Ndongu was just a prospect.

What the UFC has is they control the deepest heavyweight pool at the moment, and the heavyweights are the premier division, because that's just the way the world turns.

There are also positives in the world of combat sports.

One Championship is running 24 events this year. They've also dropped any references that associate them with the sort of thing the UFC does. First, it was the FC, now they've dropped the 'mixed', and they just call the sport which they present 'martial arts'. Fair play, especially as they have built their show with fighters drawn from many different martial arts backgrounds. This even includes wrestling for example, and they have guys that are as Askren was to wrestling drawn from various different combat sports training traditions/unarmed combat physical cultures.

So, I will continue to watch the UFC because I simply can't help myself, and they have good fights. They are still the shitholes they have always been, but there are positives out there at least as well, on the overall scene.

_________________
avatar
nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : Jiangsu Province, China
Posts : 4621
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:27 pm

CDF47 wrote:
Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:Who first scheduled event on this date UFC or Bellator?

Probably UFC.  I have no idea why either one would want to go head to head here.  These are two great cards.  Makes no sense to me.

It's my guess that Bellator gets a lot of its revenue through subscriptions, given the Comcast connection. So, a lot of the people who watched the UFC live probably PVR recorded Bellator, or watched it On Demand.

That's not ideal of course, but it happens. I guess.

Too bad Rampage didn't show up to try and win.

_________________
avatar
nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : Jiangsu Province, China
Posts : 4621
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:36 pm

I also gotta say, I'm pleased to have Chael Sonnen still repping for Oregon.

Yeah, West Linn is one of the most pompous parts of Oregon, but it least he's not repping Lake Oswego, and you can't fault a fighter for living in a nice neighborhood.

The original Team Quest was across town to the East in Gresham of course, and the core guys also worked and coached a lot out of Clackamas Community College nearby, which is a top wrestling school on the NJCAA level.

I still want Fedor to smash him, but should he fall to Mir, Sonnen is my guy.

On the other side, I'd like to see Mo win, been following him since day one, but I think he's got a tough fight in Bader. I favor Bader.

On Nelson-Mitrione, I honestly don't even know. I'm inclined to favor Nelson a little bit because of his deeper pedigree, but Mitrione has been in the game a while now and has accumulated some experience of his own. When I saw Cormier use boxing from open range to stage his attack in his fight yesterday, I was thinking the same thing, that Cormier has grown his skills now, to where he can strike competently at a fair world competitive level, at least in a UFC cage.

_________________
avatar
nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : Jiangsu Province, China
Posts : 4621
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:29 pm

nodogoshi wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

As for the ufc event I got cormier due to his wrestling I think he will do what he normally does as for the main event I got francis in the early rounds and stipe in the late rounds.

Well who ever wins you can all guarantee one thing "this guy is the greatest heavyweight of all time" they are so desperate to have the top ten greatest to be ufc  fighters only. I know this has nothing to do with the topic I couldn't be bothered starting a new thread

Will definitely be hearing that for sure.

Stipe won so yep we will be hearing those comments. Congrats to rory he became a champion Douglas showed he is no b level fighter Andrey koreshkov should be next for rory. It was funny seeing stipe snatch the belt from Dana a big fuck you.

Yeah that was good to see him grab the belt.

It's even funnier because Ndongo was their big scary beast who was suppose to be the next world conqueror, and Stipe was the underdog.

It was an interesting fight to watch, and my conventions will lead me to back a champion who is in this situation. So, I was talking to my screen during the fight.

Stipe won by being a technically sound all-around fighter.

He came out looking for takedowns, which didn't initially work, but Stipe's boxing did show through in the early going. Stipe did not want to stand and trade in the early going, as that's where Ndongu was most dangerous, but that turned into his plan-B, and he was able to outbox Ndongu, with crisp punching, working behind a jab, and head movement. After Stipe nullified Ndongu here, and this led to a takedown and ground-and-pound, Ndongu was already a spent force.

It was a quality win, but Ndongu was just a prospect.

What the UFC has is they control the deepest heavyweight pool at the moment, and the heavyweights are the premier division, because that's just the way the world turns.

There are also positives in the world of combat sports.

One Championship is running 24 events this year. They've also dropped any references that associate them with the sort of thing the UFC does. First, it was the FC, now they've dropped the 'mixed', and they just call the sport which they present 'martial arts'. Fair play, especially as they have built their show with fighters drawn from many different martial arts backgrounds. This even includes wrestling for example, and they have guys that are as Askren was to wrestling drawn from various different combat sports training traditions/unarmed combat physical cultures.

So, I will continue to watch the UFC because I simply can't help myself, and they have good fights. They are still the shitholes they have always been, but there are positives out there at least as well, on the overall scene.

Nice breakdown. I feel the same way.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12429
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:29 pm

nodogoshi wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:Who first scheduled event on this date UFC or Bellator?

Probably UFC.  I have no idea why either one would want to go head to head here.  These are two great cards.  Makes no sense to me.

It's my guess that Bellator gets a lot of its revenue through subscriptions, given the Comcast connection. So, a lot of the people who watched the UFC live probably PVR recorded Bellator, or watched it On Demand.

That's not ideal of course, but it happens. I guess.

Too bad Rampage didn't show up to try and win.

That could be. Yeah, that was not the Rampage I was hoping to see.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12429
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 192: Lima vs. Macdonald - January 20 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum