Sakakibara Talks in Depth About 2018 RIZIN Plans

Go down

Sakakibara Talks in Depth About 2018 RIZIN Plans

Post by CDF47 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Sakakibara recently talked at length about their plans for 2018, the most important points:

- They plan to increase the number of events to 6 in 2018. The first will be held May 6 in Fukuoka, then two events between July and September (venues tba, are looking at Saitama, Osaka and Nagoya), then an event abroad in October, then back to Saitama for 2 NYE shows.

- They are planning on doing an event abroad in October in either China or the USA. He was approached by Chinese TV stations and investors in the beginning of 2017 and has been in talks since then. Says there is strong interest over there to hold a RIZIN show. One advantage of that would be the compatibility of time zones with Japan, so that they could air the event live at a reasonable time domestically.

- Alternatively, he is interested in holding the international event in the USA in either Las Vegas or LA, preferably in the T-Mobile arena in Las Vegas. The most substantial problems in putting on an event in the US would be time difference to Japan as well as getting licenced by the US athletic comissions. Alternatively, he could imagine holding a co-promoted event in the US with Bellator.

- Said that the most likely GP weight classes for the men's tournament is LW or FW. This depends mainly on Kron Gracie. If they can get him onboard for a GP, they would probably hold it at FW, if they cant get Kron, LW seems more viable/likely.

- Is undecided on whether they will hold a women's GP in 2018. Said that this depends mainly on when Auclair is available again (has to get reconstructive surgery on her elbow due to ligament damage suffered in training for her NYE fight). If that timing works out, the most likely option is to hold a 125lbs women's GP centered around her, Watanabe and Sugiyama.

- No changes re. Cro Cop: 1 fight before NYE, then retirement fight on NYE.

- Considers the 4-man kickboxing tournament a successful "test run", and is interested in holding a larger scale KB tournament in 2018. This depends entirely on whether they can get bigger names and more established talent next time, including high quality foreigners.

- Is aware of the fact that some MMA fans are displeased with having KB fights on MMA cards, but reiterates his concept of RIZIN being a "lunch box (bento box) of fighting sports" with many different "flavors", so that there is something for everyone's tastes inside.


Original article:

https://queel.me/articles/1337

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12008
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakakibara Talks in Depth About 2018 RIZIN Plans

Post by westcott123 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:40 pm

OK sounds good for the international one I would go to China why because that would be a better market for them in the long run they should also try and hold events in other Asian countries. I'm not saying they shouldn't go and do events in the states hell I wouldn't mind if they do an event here in the long run if they can break into the Chinese and North Asian mma scene, one fc has south east Asia on lock down it would be more beneficial better for them.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1609
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakakibara Talks in Depth About 2018 RIZIN Plans

Post by westcott123 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Plus with Japan and China being in close proximity to each other not to mention China population and gdp that is the market rizin should go for and india and east Europe as well the middle east Africa. I would still love for them to do events in America, Australia, Canada, the UK though.

Hopefully next year or the year after they can do 8-10 events and start crowning champions.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1609
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakakibara Talks in Depth About 2018 RIZIN Plans

Post by CDF47 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:37 pm

westcott123 wrote:OK sounds good for the international one I would go to China why because that would be a better market for them in the long run they should also try and hold events in other Asian countries. I'm not saying they shouldn't go and do events in the states hell I wouldn't mind if they do an event here in the long run if they can break into the Chinese and North Asian mma scene, one fc has south east Asia on lock down it would be more beneficial better for them.

I agree, I would like them to hold that show in China as well. Plus they can keep their rules in tact. Although, the Rizin vs. Bellator card sounds real good as well.

Glad they are going to 6 events.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12008
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakakibara Talks in Depth About 2018 RIZIN Plans

Post by CDF47 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:39 pm

westcott123 wrote:Plus with Japan and China being in close proximity to each other not to mention China population and gdp that is the market rizin should go for and india and east Europe as well the middle east Africa. I would still love for them to do events in America, Australia, Canada, the UK though.

Hopefully next year or the year after they can do 8-10 events and start crowning champions.

That all sounds great to me. 8 events would be a good number in my opinion eventually. Hopefully champions begin to get crowned in 2018.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12008
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakakibara Talks in Depth About 2018 RIZIN Plans

Post by westcott123 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:18 pm

CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:OK sounds good for the international one I would go to China why because that would be a better market for them in the long run they should also try and hold events in other Asian countries. I'm not saying they shouldn't go and do events in the states hell I wouldn't mind if they do an event here in the long run if they can break into the Chinese and North Asian mma scene, one fc has south east Asia on lock down it would be more beneficial better for them.

I agree, I would like them to hold that show in China as well.  Plus they can keep their rules in tact.  Although, the Rizin vs. Bellator card sounds real good as well.

Glad they are going to 6 events.

A Bellator rizin dynamite type show would be great as for the other thing the reason I say china a bigger market for them not to mention they can use the same rule set and what nots. The thing in the west apart from the hard core JMMA fans most people are used to the unified cage type mma. I will also add those are the same people that call rizin and JMMA a circus.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1609
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakakibara Talks in Depth About 2018 RIZIN Plans

Post by westcott123 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:27 pm

CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:Plus with Japan and China being in close proximity to each other not to mention China population and gdp that is the market rizin should go for and india and east Europe as well the middle east Africa. I would still love for them to do events in America, Australia, Canada, the UK though.

Hopefully next year or the year after they can do 8-10 events and start crowning champions.

That all sounds great to me.  8 events would be a good number in my opinion eventually.  Hopefully champions begin to get crowned in 2018.

With the champions do you think how they did in pride where the champion can enter the grand prix? Or should the grand prix be a number one contender thing? Personally I say the first one because the other will just hold everything back and the belt would hardly be defended. That is my view I only asked to get people opinions on it.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 1609
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakakibara Talks in Depth About 2018 RIZIN Plans

Post by CDF47 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:21 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:OK sounds good for the international one I would go to China why because that would be a better market for them in the long run they should also try and hold events in other Asian countries. I'm not saying they shouldn't go and do events in the states hell I wouldn't mind if they do an event here in the long run if they can break into the Chinese and North Asian mma scene, one fc has south east Asia on lock down it would be more beneficial better for them.

I agree, I would like them to hold that show in China as well.  Plus they can keep their rules in tact.  Although, the Rizin vs. Bellator card sounds real good as well.

Glad they are going to 6 events.

A Bellator rizin dynamite type show would be great as for the other thing the reason I say china a bigger market for them not to mention they can use the same rule set and what nots. The thing in the west apart from the hard core JMMA fans most people are used to the unified cage type mma. I will also add those are the same people that call rizin and JMMA a circus.

I agree. They should hold the Rizin/Bellator card in Japan on NYE.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12008
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakakibara Talks in Depth About 2018 RIZIN Plans

Post by CDF47 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:22 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:Plus with Japan and China being in close proximity to each other not to mention China population and gdp that is the market rizin should go for and india and east Europe as well the middle east Africa. I would still love for them to do events in America, Australia, Canada, the UK though.

Hopefully next year or the year after they can do 8-10 events and start crowning champions.

That all sounds great to me.  8 events would be a good number in my opinion eventually.  Hopefully champions begin to get crowned in 2018.

With the champions do you think how they did in pride where the champion can enter the grand prix? Or should the grand prix be a number one contender thing? Personally I say the first one because the other will just hold everything back and the belt would hardly be defended. That is my view I only asked to get people opinions on it.

Either way is great I think. If the champ is in the GP, the title should be on the line each time he fights so the winner of the GP leaves with the belt.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12008
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sakakibara Talks in Depth About 2018 RIZIN Plans

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum