Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Kingfedor on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:18 pm


Golden Boy
November 24, 2018
The Forum
Inglewood, California, USA


Main Card:
Chuck Liddell (21-8)   vs.         (19-12) Tito Ortiz   
Main Event | Light Heavyweight | 205 lbs (93 kg)

Deron Winn (4-0)       vs.        (10-6) Tom Lawlor   
Co-Main Event | Light Heavyweight | 205 lbs (93 kg)

Gleison Tibau (32-14) vs. (30-13) Efrain Escudero   
Main Card | Lightweight | 155 lbs (70 kg)

Walel Watson (14-11) vs.     (10-1) Ricky Palacios   
Main Card | Featherweight | 145 lbs (66 kg)

Albert Morales (7-4)    vs.     (10-3) James Barnes   
Main Card | Bantamweight | 135 lbs (61 kg)

Jay Silva (11-12)         vs.  (10-1) Oscar Ivan Cota   
Main Card | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg)

Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions is set to venture into the mixed martial arts world and the boxing legend has recruited two former UFC champions to headline the promotion’s first event.

The 48-year-old Liddell hasn’t competed in MMA since 2010. The “Iceman” was for a time the most devastating knockout artist in his weight class and holds notable victories over the likes of Vitor Belfort, Alistair Overeem, Wanderlei Silva and Randy Couture. Liddell was unable to regain vintage form once he lost his title to Quinton “Rampage” Jackson in 2006. After suffering consecutive knockout losses to Rashad Evans, Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua and Rich Franklin, Liddell retired but it wasn’t an easy decision for him.

Ortiz, 43, has been more active than Liddell in recent years, having fought nine times since his rival retired, but hasn’t competed since January 2017 when he submitted Chael Sonnen at Bellator 170.


Last edited by Kingfedor on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:12 pm; edited 9 times in total

_________________
avatar
Kingfedor
Admin

Location : Quebec
Posts : 3590
Join date : 2012-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:31 pm

I wonder if this will be PPV and a ring event. Also wonder if they will have boxing on the card as well.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:36 pm

This is so stupid. This fight has no business being made and neither guy should be fighting. It's frustrating Liddell still doesn't get it. What part of getting brutally knocked out three times in a row eight years ago do you not realize that you shouldn't be fighting anymore?
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1626
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:02 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:This is so stupid. This fight has no business being made and neither guy should be fighting. It's frustrating Liddell still doesn't get it. What part of getting brutally knocked out three times in a row eight years ago do you not realize that you shouldn't be fighting anymore?

I don't understand this one either.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Kingfedor on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:25 pm

its happening november 24, i don't know what to think about this fight

_________________
avatar
Kingfedor
Admin

Location : Quebec
Posts : 3590
Join date : 2012-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:03 am

Kingfedor wrote:its happening november 24, i don't know what to think about this fight

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think either. Now that it is happening, I do want to see it. I just hope they use a ring to hold this in.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:04 am

Kingfedor wrote:its happening november 24, i don't know what to think about this fight

Simple. It's a bad fight. What can I say? Neither should be fighting anymore especially Liddell, both are past their prime, the promotion doesn't look good, and who cares about this fight in 2018?
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1626
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:21 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
Kingfedor wrote:its happening november 24, i don't know what to think about this fight

Simple. It's a bad fight. What can I say? Neither should be fighting anymore especially Liddell, both are past their prime, the promotion doesn't look good, and who cares about this fight in 2018?

It's a crazy fight but since it is going to happen I will watch. I think Tito has a chance this time. I get your point though, it is a weird fight to make in 2018.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:33 pm

CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
Kingfedor wrote:its happening november 24, i don't know what to think about this fight

Simple. It's a bad fight. What can I say? Neither should be fighting anymore especially Liddell, both are past their prime, the promotion doesn't look good, and who cares about this fight in 2018?

It's a crazy fight but since it is going to happen I will watch.  I think Tito has a chance this time.  I get your point though, it is a weird fight to make in 2018.

I think that's one of the reasons I'm not for it. In the first two fights, Tito had little to no chance of getting a knockout. In this fight, would any of us be surprised if Tito lands one punch on the jaw and knocks Chuck out cold? Nope. Obviously, there's more as both are well past their primes and you do worry about Chuck. It also doesn't make sense as Chuck is 2-0. Neither guy gains anything from it besides a paycheck as it does nothing for their careers and legacies. I don't think this will draw because most of MMA knows the ship sailed on any interest nearly a decade ago.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1626
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:46 am

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
Kingfedor wrote:its happening november 24, i don't know what to think about this fight

Simple. It's a bad fight. What can I say? Neither should be fighting anymore especially Liddell, both are past their prime, the promotion doesn't look good, and who cares about this fight in 2018?

It's a crazy fight but since it is going to happen I will watch.  I think Tito has a chance this time.  I get your point though, it is a weird fight to make in 2018.

I think that's one of the reasons I'm not for it. In the first two fights, Tito had little to no chance of getting a knockout. In this fight, would any of us be surprised if Tito lands one punch on the jaw and knocks Chuck out cold? Nope. Obviously, there's more as both are well past their primes and you do worry about Chuck. It also doesn't make sense as Chuck is 2-0. Neither guy gains anything from it besides a paycheck as it does nothing for their careers and legacies. I don't think this will draw because most of MMA knows the ship sailed on any interest nearly a decade ago.

It's not a fight I would normally want to see either but since it is going to happen, I'll watch. I am kind of intrigued with what they will do with the rest of the card and whether this will be a ring promotion or another cage promotion.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Kingfedor on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:23 am


_________________
avatar
Kingfedor
Admin

Location : Quebec
Posts : 3590
Join date : 2012-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:51 am

Kingfedor wrote:

Good video. I read the price is now $40 for the fight.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Kingfedor on Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Official Weigh-Ins:

_________________
avatar
Kingfedor
Admin

Location : Quebec
Posts : 3590
Join date : 2012-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Kingfedor wrote:Official Weigh-Ins:

Tito and Chuck both looked to be in really good shape.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:26 am

Spoiler alert revenge.
But in all honesty is anyone really surprised? I mean in reality Tito has taken less damage than chuck he has only stopped via strikes 4x compared to chuck 7x at the end of the day we all know who was the better fighter in their prime.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2274
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:12 am

westcott123 wrote:Spoiler alert revenge.
But in all honesty is anyone really surprised? I mean in reality Tito has taken less damage than chuck he has only stopped via strikes 4x compared to chuck 7x at the end of the day we all know who was the better fighter in their prime.

No surprise at all. It ended as predicted. Yeah, Chuck was better in his prime. He is too old to be fighting now.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:00 pm

I wonder what PPV numbers where?
avatar
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Moderator

Location : Croatia
Posts : 1235
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:40 pm

CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:Spoiler alert revenge.
But in all honesty is anyone really surprised? I mean in reality Tito has taken less damage than chuck he has only stopped via strikes 4x compared to chuck uck 7x at the end of the day we all know who was the better fighter in their prime.

No surprise at all.  It ended as predicted.  Yeah, Chuck was better in his prime.  He is too old to be fighting now.
People are saying this fight should not have happened i agree it shouldn't and people are bitching about Tito celebrating i mean why shouldn't he? As i recall chuck was the one who called Tito out. Did any of them bitch when rampage finally beat wanderlei Silva?
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2274
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:56 am

Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:I wonder what PPV numbers where?

Probably not good for $40. Rizin is only $20 and is a way better show than this.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:58 am

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:Spoiler alert revenge.
But in all honesty is anyone really surprised? I mean in reality Tito has taken less damage than chuck he has only stopped via strikes 4x compared to chuck uck 7x at the end of the day we all know who was the better fighter in their prime.

No surprise at all.  It ended as predicted.  Yeah, Chuck was better in his prime.  He is too old to be fighting now.
People are saying this fight should not have happened i agree it shouldn't and people are bitching about Tito celebrating i mean why shouldn't he? As i recall chuck was the one who called Tito out. Did any of them bitch when rampage finally beat wanderlei Silva?

Yeah, it probably shouldn't have. For some reason Chuck thought he could make a come back after being out of the sport for 8 years and being 48 years old.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Chuck Liddell looked like an animated corpse.

He probably needed the money.

He slurred his words in the interview, he obviously doesn't belong in a fight.

Tito Ortiz looked alright. He's only 43. He can still fight, if he chooses.

_________________
avatar
nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : Jiangsu Province, China
Posts : 4690
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:30 pm

nodogoshi wrote:Chuck Liddell looked like an animated corpse.

He probably needed the money.

He slurred his words in the interview, he obviously doesn't belong in a fight.

Tito Ortiz looked alright. He's only 43. He can still fight, if he chooses.

Yeah, Chuck did not look right at all. He was in really good shape but his eyes were not in to it. Tito knew he had him early on when there was a quick exchange. I'd like to see Tito continue fighting as well. He has some great wins on his record.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:31 pm

I agree Tito does have a few more in him where as chuck nope his last win was against wanderlei who he himself was ko back to back .
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2274
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:18 am

westcott123 wrote:I agree Tito does have a few more in him where as chuck nope his last win was against wanderlei who he himself was ko back to back .

True, it has been a long time since Chuck has won a fight in MMA. He should have stayed retired. Tito was on another level during that fight.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:49 am

I would like to see Tito vs Bader 2 but I think it is smarter for Ortiz to leave sport now on good note and not like Liddell and many others.
avatar
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Moderator

Location : Croatia
Posts : 1235
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Golden Boy: Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 - November 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum