Cormier didn't look that good last night

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by westcott123 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:40 pm

It makes you wonder why anyone would chose mma as a career?  Seems at the end it is a this and that it is them not us we crticise the ufc the difference is we can recognise that a ufc champion belongs on the goat list they don't mention a non ufc who should be on the goat list and they jump up and down.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:22 am

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:^^ isn't dc retiring march next year? ^^ still it is ridiculous of how they slap the goat on whoever it at the time.
Fedor 
Gsp. 
Anderson
Dj
Jon 
Jose
They have proven to be goats.

Yeah, he is retiring next March and he said he is not changing the date.  Yeah that is a good list of them.  Could add Hendo and DC in there as well.
Dan and Dan do belong on a goat list I put them behind these men 
1 they defended multiple times 
2 they were the man at the division for years . 
Dan never defended with Daniel his legacy is at heavyweight that out weighs the light heavyweight which he got because of Jones screwing up.

I see. Makes sense to me.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12725
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:25 am

westcott123 wrote:It makes you wonder why anyone would chose mma as a career?  Seems at the end it is a this and that it is them not us we crticise the ufc the difference is we can recognise that a ufc champion belongs on the goat list they don't mention a non ufc who should be on the goat list and they jump up and down.

Yeah, that is pretty annoying. We should make an MMA GOAT list for fighters outside UFC. It would include Strikeforce and PRIDE fighters, as well as Bellator,... There would be some cross-over since UFC bought out these companies.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12725
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by westcott123 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:47 am

CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:It makes you wonder why anyone would chose mma as a career?  Seems at the end it is a this and that it is them not us we crticise the ufc the difference is we can recognise that a ufc champion belongs on the goat list they don't mention a non ufc who should be on the goat list and they jump up and down.

Yeah, that is pretty annoying.  We should make an MMA GOAT list for fighters outside UFC.  It would include Strikeforce and PRIDE fighters, as well as Bellator,...  There would be some cross-over since UFC bought out these companies.
That is a great idea 
Pride top my opinion
1 fedor emelianenko
2 wanderlei silva
3 Antonio noguiera
4 Dan Henderson 
5 Mauricio rua 
6 mirko filipovic
7 takanori gomi
8 quinton Jackson 
9 Ricardo arona
10 kazuchi sakuraba 
Strikeforce
1 Gilbert melendez
2 Daniel cormier 
3 nick diaz
4 Luke rockhold 
5 gegard mousasi
6 Jake shields
7 Dan Henderson 
8 king mo
9 Alistair overeem
10 Rafael cavacalnte
Wec 
1 Jose aldo
2 Uriah faber
3 mike Brown 
4 Dominick cruz
5 Carlos condit
6 Benson henderson
7 paulo filio
8 Anthony pettis
9 renan barrao
10 Brian bowles
Bellator 
1 Ben askren
2 Michael chandler 
3 Eddie alvarez
4 vitali minakov
5 Douglas Lima
6 andrey korechekov 
7 Eduardo dantas
8 Joe Warren 
9 hector Lombard 
10 Alexander shelmenko


Last edited by westcott123 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by CDF47 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:45 pm

westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:It makes you wonder why anyone would chose mma as a career?  Seems at the end it is a this and that it is them not us we crticise the ufc the difference is we can recognise that a ufc champion belongs on the goat list they don't mention a non ufc who should be on the goat list and they jump up and down.

Yeah, that is pretty annoying.  We should make an MMA GOAT list for fighters outside UFC.  It would include Strikeforce and PRIDE fighters, as well as Bellator,...  There would be some cross-over since UFC bought out these companies.
That is a great idea 
Pride top my opinion
1 fedor emelianenko
2 wanderlei silva
3 Antonio noguiera
4 Dan Henderson 
5 Mauricio rua 
6 mirko filipovic
7 takanori gomi
8 quinton Jackson 
9 Ricardo arona
10 kazuchi sakuraba 
Strikeforce
1 Gilbert melendez
2 Daniel cormier 
3 nick diaz
4 Luke rockhold 
5 gegard mousasi
6 Jake shields
7 Dan Henderson 
8 king mo
9 Alistair overeem
10 Rafael cavacalnte
Wec 
1 Jose aldo
2 Uriah faber
3 mike Brown 
4 Dominick cruz
5 Carlos condit
6 Benson henderson
7 paulo filio
8 Anthony pettis
9 renan barrao
10 Brian bowles
Bellator 
1 Ben askren
2 Michael chandler 
3 Eddie alvarez
4 vitali minakov
5 Douglas Lima
6 andrey korechekov 
7 Eduardo dantas
8 Joe Warren 
9 hector Lombard 
10 hector l

Great lists! Hard for any promotions to compete with any of those.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12725
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by CDF47 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:43 am

My GOAT List Including UFC:

1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Jon Jones
4. DJ
5. DC
6. A. Silva
7. Hendo
8. Jose
9. Nog
10. Askren

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12725
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by westcott123 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:04 am

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufcs-3-title-defenses-mmas-greatest-hw-of-all-time.3697723/page-3

I wonder if they are still calling stipe miocic? Heavyweight or are jumping off the stipe band wagon? 

This is an older one of them saying stipe is greater then fedor why? Because stipe fights in the ufc and 
Fedor didn't that what it boils down to basically.

Funny thing is they talk about fedor fighting just Japanese guys the huge sum of about 6-8 I guess anyone who fights a Japanese fighter is a can crusher going by their logic .

My goat list 
1 fedor emelianenko 
2 gsp 
3 Jon Jones 
4 jose aldo
5 Anderson silva
6 DJ
7 Dc
8 Antonio noguiera
9I Dan henderson 
10 Matt Hughes.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by westcott123 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:31 am

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/07/daily-debate-results-who-would-win-fedor-emelianenko-vs-randy-couture-ufc-bellator-mma-russia-vs-usa

Who would of won?  My vote the last emperor 

Of course the zombies are picking randy because 1 he fought in the ufc 2 he fought in the ufc.

Oh and that fedor foughts cans (yep and you can count them on your fingers he had fixed fights still hasn't been proven plus pride didn't want him as champion.

Ah it just boils down to the usual 
1 they hate pride 
2 They hate fedor
3 they think goats should be ufc only fighters..

. Of course fedor would of won he is a bad match up for couture .

Anyone notices how when fedor beats some say arlovski it is arlovski past his prime he was never that good anyway. But when stipe did it apparently that is a different story.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:11 pm

westcott123 wrote:http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufcs-3-title-defenses-mmas-greatest-hw-of-all-time.3697723/page-3

I wonder if they are still calling stipe miocic? Heavyweight or are jumping off the stipe band wagon? 

This is an older one of them saying stipe is greater then fedor why? Because stipe fights in the ufc and 
Fedor didn't that what it boils down to basically.

Funny thing is they talk about fedor fighting just Japanese guys the huge sum of about 6-8 I guess anyone who fights a Japanese fighter is a can crusher going by their logic .

My goat list 
1 fedor emelianenko 
2 gsp 
3 Jon Jones 
4 jose aldo
5 Anderson silva
6 DJ
7 Dc
8 Antonio noguiera
9I Dan henderson 
10 Matt Hughes.

I think they will be jumping off the bandwagon. That's just how they are. Lose once and they quit on you. Short memory.

Nice list for P4P GOATs.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12725
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:12 pm

westcott123 wrote:https://mmajunkie.com/2018/07/daily-debate-results-who-would-win-fedor-emelianenko-vs-randy-couture-ufc-bellator-mma-russia-vs-usa

Who would of won?  My vote the last emperor 

Of course the zombies are picking randy because 1 he fought in the ufc 2 he fought in the ufc.

Oh and that fedor foughts cans (yep and you can count them on your fingers he had fixed fights still hasn't been proven plus pride didn't want him as champion.

Ah it just boils down to the usual 
1 they hate pride 
2 They hate fedor
3 they think goats should be ufc only fighters..

. Of course fedor would of won he is a bad match up for couture .

Anyone notices how when fedor beats some say arlovski it is arlovski past his prime he was never that good anyway. But when stipe did it apparently that is a different story.

I thought then and I think now that Fedor would have won that fight. I think he would have beaten Lesnar as well.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12725
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by westcott123 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:54 pm

I asked a couple of questions on Facebook about the whole fedor vs randy basically if pride was all just fixed why would

A allow sakuraba to go 0.3 against wanderlei silva surely it would of been the other way around 

B pride didn't want fedor as their champion and besides out of all the heavyweights they had they fixed fights for a pudgy Russian guy. 

This is their go to

1 talk shit say something like you're a nut huger 

2 change the subject 

3 ignore you 


It is amazing isn't it they act like experts go on jmma being all fixed fake easier it is amazing how they can't answer two simple questions.

According to a person on their 32 is prime years yes he is an A grade ufc douche bag it just shows how thick in the head some people are. He says Dan henderson has been fighting earlier and has taken more damage.

1 just because someone starts earlier doesn't mean they have more fights besides back then fedor had 4 fights per year henderson mainly fought 2 fights per year some times just once 

2 Dan took more damage I don't recall Dan getting slammed onto his head or eating a cro cop kick.

3 if fedor who has had over 33 mma fights including the sambo matches who has been training in a Spartan like training since he was about 11 was fighting 4-8 per year including his sambo matches sucks because he lost 3 in a row in his 30s in that case everyone who Losses 3 in a row in their 30s they suck too right?.


Yeah that person he is one of those people no matter what you say it would never get through besides the guy was even wearing a ufc rebok shirt that tells a person all they need to know. It is people like that who make it hard for people like me or us to like the ufc.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by CDF47 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:46 pm

westcott123 wrote:I asked a couple of questions on Facebook about the whole fedor vs randy basically if pride was all just fixed why would

A allow sakuraba to go 0.3 against wanderlei silva surely it would of been the other way around 

B pride didn't want fedor as their champion and besides out of all the heavyweights they had they fixed fights for a pudgy Russian guy. 

This is their go to

1 talk shit say something like you're a nut huger 

2 change the subject 

3 ignore you 


It is amazing isn't it they act like experts go on jmma being all fixed fake easier it is amazing how they can't answer two simple questions.

According to a person on their 32 is prime years yes he is an A grade ufc douche bag it just shows how thick in the head some people are. He says Dan henderson has been fighting earlier and has taken more damage.

1 just because someone starts earlier doesn't mean they have more fights besides back then fedor had 4 fights per year henderson mainly fought 2 fights per year some times just once 

2 Dan took more damage I don't recall Dan getting slammed onto his head or eating a cro cop kick.

3 if fedor who has had over 33 mma fights including the sambo matches who has been training in a Spartan like training since he was about 11 was fighting 4-8 per year including his sambo matches sucks because he lost 3 in a row in his 30s in that case everyone who Losses 3 in a row in their 30s they suck too right?.


Yeah that person he is one of those people no matter what you say it would never get through besides the guy was even wearing a ufc rebok shirt that tells a person all they need to know. It is people like that who make it hard for people like me or us to like the ufc.

Probably the same type of person that never even seen a PRIDE event live or otherwise. Just spewing UFC BS.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12725
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by westcott123 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:54 pm

^^ definitely one hundred percent when you see a person wearing a ufc rebook t shirt that tells you all you need to know 



I'm right aren't I if fedor sucks because he lost 3x in a row in his 30s then anyone else who loses 3x in a row in their 30s must suck too right ?

Bloodstain lane is right when he coined the term "zuffa zombie" 

Like I said not everyone is a fan of pride and some think fedor isn't the goat that's OK I do take issues in people saying pride was all fake I mean seriously have they watched any pride fights?  Those wars in the ufc they're tammed compared to what was in the pride ring.

Fedor cut all the bull shit we all know they hate fedor because he didn't suck up to dana white and become a yes man. How pathetic is that?
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by CDF47 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:28 pm

westcott123 wrote:^^ definitely one hundred percent when you see a person wearing a ufc rebook t shirt that tells you all you need to know 



I'm right aren't I if fedor sucks because he lost 3x in a row in his 30s then anyone else who loses 3x in a row in their 30s must suck too right ?

Bloodstain lane is right when he coined the term "zuffa zombie" 

Like I said not everyone is a fan of pride and some think fedor isn't the goat that's OK I do take issues in people saying pride was all fake I mean seriously have they watched any pride fights?  Those wars in the ufc they're tammed compared to what was in the pride ring.

Fedor cut all the bull shit we all know they hate fedor because he didn't suck up to dana white and become a yes man. How pathetic is that?

Yes, I think you are right for sure about fighters losing in their 30s. Bloodstain Lane came up with the perfect name for the zombies, LOL. It explains things well in a short nickname.

I agree, Pride was really tough compared to the fights in the UFC. The rules alone show that. Rizin really delivers there as well. They have the Pride rules plus elbows including the 12-6 elbows. Those are the best rules in MMA in my opinion. This is one reason I can't wait until next Saturday night/morning for the Rizin event. I plan on ordering all of them.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12725
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:42 pm

Cormier has really been getting a big head lately as he's now deciding who's worthy and who's not. Him denying Gus a title shot doesn't make him look good as he barely won their first fight and he comes off as not wanting to risk fighting him again.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1583
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by westcott123 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:54 pm

You have to give it to alex he gave both jon and Daniel two of their toughest match ups and the fact he took dc an Olympic wrestler to the mat and was the first to take jon down shows he is tough match up for both
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by westcott123 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:47 am

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.mmamania.com/platform/amp/2018/7/24/17608950/anderson-silva-shuts-down-crazy-daniel-cormier-following-goat-snub-jon-jones-best-fighter-mma
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/7/24/17607652/ufc-cormier-johnson-st-pierre-share-my-greatest-ever-distinction-jones-and-silva-do-not-mma

I see your point about dc I like dc but sometimes he does seem to think his shit don't stink. 

Sorry dc I have him on my goat list he is not in the top 5 I already said my reasons . To think people he is the goat last time I checked goats 
1 defend multiple times gsp, Jones, silva, dj
2 dominate the weight class fedor silva DJ gsp 
3 these guys never got the belt because the main guy screwed up. 
4 you can bet your bottom dollar they will call someone else the goat by the end of the year.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by westcott123 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:52 am

Ha ha ha man I asked 2 questions on Facebook on the weekend basically asking two ufc tards you would think two simple questions about the whole pride is just all fake fixed

1 why would pride allow sakuraba go 0-3 against wanderlei silva surely if it was all just fixed then the oppositie would be true.

2 fedor pride originally didn't want him to be the champion they wanted either big nog or cro cop to be the champion and besides out of the heavyweights they had they fixed it for a pudgy russian guy?

I also added the fact is you ufc zombies hate fedor and pride and you all do don't deny it.

They can't answer because they can't come up with anything can they?
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by westcott123 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:16 am

It is amazing how you can screw them up by just asking two simple questions.

1 if they say the silva Sakuraba matches were real then it confirms pride was real 

2 they say it was fake then they would not be able to explain why they fixed the fights for silva and not sakuraba who was arguably their biggest star.

3 as for fedor i love to see them explain that one.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:22 am

I thought Cormier looked good.

I also thought he would win the fight. But even more so, I hoped he would win the fight, so that could have clouded my judgment, I'm not sure.

I was disgusted by the notion that 3 title defenses made Stipe the heavyweight GOAT. That made me yearn for a savior in Cormier, to defeat the disgusting myth. But, I thought Cormier would likely win, and that's why I called for the fight.

Cormier is a complicated fighter. He is probably weakened at LHW and should probably have been fighting heavyweight all along. John Jones would probably beat him at either weight though.

Cormier missed his second Olympics, because of kidney failure, and his wrestling weight wasn't that far from light heavyweight. At heavyweight, he has full strength--although he is somewhat undersized compared to the 265 pounders. That said, look what he did to Bigfoot. And look at guys like Tyson and Holyfield. Holyfield was under 210 in his prime, and Tyson wasn't far north of that.

Cormier only went down to 205 because he didn't want to fight his training partner, Cain Velasquez (and he might well have beat him if they did fight).

Cormier is below Fedor, Nogueira and Crocop; but he might be #5 or so as a top heavyweight. Werdum, Barnett, have arguments for going ahead of him; Velasquez and dos Santos might be debatable; but Cormier isn't bad and has some good wins.

I know Cormier beat Barnett, but Barnett was past his prime. Barnett had a larger body of work, but there's a case for Cormier being ahead of him.

And then there is Bas Rutten, among others.

So it isn't straight forward, and never will be; and GOAT lists should be purely for entertainment. But, Fedor is undisputed.

_________________
avatar
nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : Jiangsu Province, China
Posts : 4641
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by CDF47 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:28 pm

nodogoshi wrote:I thought Cormier looked good.

I also thought he would win the fight. But even more so, I hoped he would win the fight, so that could have clouded my judgment, I'm not sure.

I was disgusted by the notion that 3 title defenses made Stipe the heavyweight GOAT. That made me yearn for a savior in Cormier, to defeat the disgusting myth. But, I thought Cormier would likely win, and that's why I called for the fight.

Cormier is a complicated fighter. He is probably weakened at LHW and should probably have been fighting heavyweight all along. John Jones would probably beat him at either weight though.

Cormier missed his second Olympics, because of kidney failure, and his wrestling weight wasn't that far from light heavyweight. At heavyweight, he has full strength--although he is somewhat undersized compared to the 265 pounders. That said, look what he did to Bigfoot. And look at guys like Tyson and Holyfield. Holyfield was under 210 in his prime, and Tyson wasn't far north of that.

Cormier only went down to 205 because he didn't want to fight his training partner, Cain Velasquez (and he might well have beat him if they did fight).

Cormier is below Fedor, Nogueira and Crocop; but he might be #5 or so as a top heavyweight. Werdum, Barnett, have arguments for going ahead of him; Velasquez and dos Santos might be debatable; but Cormier isn't bad and has some good wins.

I know Cormier beat Barnett, but Barnett was past his prime. Barnett had a larger body of work, but there's a case for Cormier being ahead of him.

And then there is Bas Rutten, among others.

So it isn't straight forward, and never will be; and GOAT lists should be purely for entertainment. But, Fedor is undisputed.

I think HW would have been the right home for Cormier all along as well. He probably would have never thought Cain would not fight hardly during all this time he was at 205. He only has 2 fights remaining in his career now though so I guess we don't really get to see much more of him there, especially since he plans to defend the 205 lbs belt.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12725
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by westcott123 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:27 pm

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/27/17620732/ufc-226-pay-per-view-numbers-and-what-it-says-about-the-sport

The bout didn't do that many ppv 380k

1 they are doing too many events too many interim title fights and are only barracking for certain fighters.

2 it is good news for us because that means other organisations can grow and can become A huge rivals to the ufc B take over the ufc.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by CDF47 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:40 pm

westcott123 wrote:https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/27/17620732/ufc-226-pay-per-view-numbers-and-what-it-says-about-the-sport

The bout didn't do that many ppv 380k

1 they are doing too many events too many interim title fights and are only barracking for certain fighters.

2 it is good news for us because that means other organisations can grow and can become A huge rivals to the ufc B take over the ufc.

Those are pretty poor numbers for this big PPV event.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACB
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 12725
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by westcott123 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:43 pm

Forgetting to add the ufc has always been lousy at promoting think about it majority of their stars were already stars prior to the ufc.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2118
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:30 am

westcott123 wrote:https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/27/17620732/ufc-226-pay-per-view-numbers-and-what-it-says-about-the-sport

The bout didn't do that many ppv 380k

1 they are doing too many events too many interim title fights and are only barracking for certain fighters.

2 it is good news for us because that means other organisations can grow and can become A huge rivals to the ufc B take over the ufc.

Problem is that Pay-Per-View is a dinosaur. Too many people by now know how to watch streams so there's no point in paying $60. UFC should've been like WWE and used Fight Pass like the WWE Network where they hold their events there and should've gotten off Pay-Per-View. UFC should've transitioned out of Pay-Per-View years ago but didn't and now they're paying for it. It doesn't help Bellator and PFL are on free TV while ONE and RIZIN can be watched on a computer much cheaper.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1583
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Cormier didn't look that good last night

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum