Bellator 207: Mitrione vs. Bader - October 12 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Go down

Bellator 207: Mitrione vs. Bader - October 12 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Kingfedor on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:20 pm

Bellator 207
October 12, 2018
Mohegan Sun Arena

Uncasville, Connecticut, USA

Main Card:
Matt Mitrione (13-5)  vs.        (25-5) Ryan Bader   
Main Event | Grand Prix Semi-Finals | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg)

The semifinals of the 2018 Bellator Heavyweight World Grand Prix begin Friday, Oct.12 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. and will feature the return of exciting knockout artist Matt Mitrione (13-5) as he steps inside the Bellator cage against light heavyweight champion Ryan Bader (25-5), who continues his quest to become a two-division world champion.

Bellator: Mitrione vs. Bader kicks off the semifinals of Bellator's 2018 Heavyweight World Grand Prix, which will crown a new Bellator World Heavyweight Champion. On the opposite side of the bracket, Fedor Emelianenko (37-5, 1 NC) is set to square off with Chael Sonnen (31-15-1) at a later date.

Matt Mitrione entered Bellator's Heavyweight World Grand Prix fresh off a first-round KO of Fedor Emelianenko at Bellator NYC this past June. Now, following a victory in his first-round matchup with Roy Nelson at Bellator 194, Mitrione advances to meet the always-dangerous Bader. Splitting his training between Indianapolis and Combat Club in South Florida, the Illinois native looks to be in the best shape of his career. Prior to his MMA career, Mitrione was a standout defensive end at Purdue University who subsequently earned his way into the NFL, playing six seasons as a member of the New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings. He ultimately found his way into MMA where he became a high-level competitor, defeating the likes of the late Kimbo Slice, Derrick Lewis and Gabriel Gonzaga.

Ryan Bader will make his fourth appearance for Bellator and the first since his 15-second TKO finish of "King Mo" Lawal at Bellator 199, which served as Bader's first round pairing in the grand prix. Fighting out of Tempe, Ariz., Bader began his professional career by steamrolling the competition en route to a 12-fight unbeaten streak and winning one of the most competitive seasons of The Ultimate Fighter in 2008. "Darth" continued his path of dominance by collecting 15 victories over some of the 205-pound division's top talent, including wins over former world champions "Rampage" Jackson, Rashad Evans and Phil Davis twice. The former two-time NCAA Division I All-American wrestler from Arizona State University will look to become one step closer to being a current two-division Bellator champion on Oct. 12.

Last edited by Kingfedor on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 207: Mitrione vs. Bader - October 12 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:13 pm

Bader is my favorite to win the tournament, and my favorite in this fight.

I originally thought Mitrione would win, but now I sort of think it's a pickem fight; but I lean slightly toward Bader.

I'd like to have Fedor as my favorite. I'd also like to see Fedor and Mitrione go through, and Fedor to beat Mitrione in the final.

Bader-Fedor would be competitive as well, and obviously I hope Fedor would win.

I've played Fedor-Sonnen in my head, and I don't see Sonen winning, but anythng is possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizin=PRIDEFC on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:17 am

I think that Mitrione is lil overrated and I think Bader could take this.
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:46 am

Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:I think that Mitrione is lil overrated and I think Bader could take this.
The fedor vs Matt fight it definitely was a who ever got up first type situation. Ryan bader is the young gun apart from fedor the most well rounded fighter in the tournament Matt has that one shot power if bader can avoid that he beats Matt else were
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:41 pm

I'm still hoping for a Fedor vs. Mitrione final.  Still hoping to see Fedor avenge that loss and walk away with the Bellator title.  I can see why people are picking Bader in the Mitrione fight though.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:24 pm

Glad to see the next round but wished it was earlier since this means the finals will be in early 2019.
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by CDF47 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:33 pm

Yeah, it is a while out there.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 Today at 8:37 pm

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/7/2/17528468/bellator-president-scott-coker-fedor-sonnen-bader-mitrione-targeted-october-mma-news

Apparently both fedor vs chael and Matt vs Ryan in the same month 

I personally see a fedor vs Matt final rematch let's be real only reason people are picking chael 
1 they want fedor to lose so they can say see told you he sucks for 1 millionth time
2 him beating a past their prime wanderlei and quinton. He did beat them he didn't face the pride version of Silva or rampage when he was known as the king of the slams.
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum