GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen - October 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  - Page 6 Empty Re: Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen - October 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:57 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:If I'm not mistaken, if Fedor wins over Bader, he would be the first fighter to win three different heavyweight championships in PRIDE, WAMMA, & Bellator unless you count the PRIDE title and interim as separate then Big Nog did it. Man, not only is Fedor one step closer but can you imagine if he won and then fought Minakov? It be one of the biggest fights of all time especially at heavyweight. By the way, did anyone else notice Bader specifically wanted Fedor to fight? He's STILL the white whale.

It would be amazing if he wins the whole thing. A fight against Minakov would be one of the biggest at HW ever, I agree, up there with Fedor/CC.

I saw that Bader wanted to fight Fedor. He knows who the GOAT is.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen - October 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  - Page 6 Empty Re: Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen - October 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:57 am
westcott123 wrote:Wouldn't it be great fedor bellator heavyweight grand prix champion.

Would be awesome!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:58 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:Wouldn't it be great fedor bellator heavyweight grand prix champion.

Fuck yeah. I would love a trophy belt and Fedor posing like he did in 2004. 2019 would be the 15th Anniversary of the 2004 HWGP so imagine if Fedor returned to the top. It be like Cro Cop as PRIDE OWGP Champion in 2006 and then Rizin 10 years later.

Would be cool to see Cro Cop win on NYE and Fedor take the Bellator belt in January. They could both retire on top of the game then.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:20 am
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155694019476881&id=323571966880&anchor_composer=false

Oh man check out the two comments how pathetic are they? Of course i see that victor guy on every fedor post spouting the same shit.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:37 am
westcott123 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155694019476881&id=323571966880&anchor_composer=false

Oh man check out the two comments how pathetic are they? Of course i see that victor guy on every fedor post spouting the same shit.

Same old.  Fedor is GOAT.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:11 am
I will say this it is great that fedor was using his grappling again it is a pity he didn't have that mind set in strikeforce he seems to be training like a mad man again he wants to win the tournament you can tell.

I do want fedor win the whole thing but i can see why Ryan is the favourite to win still fedor is in another title fight well he will either go 11-0 or 10-1.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:21 am
Oh god Chael took a dive i guess that is the new excuse used to be this guy will smash fedor then fedor wins they were never that good anyway.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:02 am
westcott123 wrote:I will say this it is great that fedor was using his grappling again it is a pity he didn't have that mind set in strikeforce he seems to be training like a mad man again he wants to win the tournament you can tell.

I do want fedor win the whole thing but i can see why Ryan is the favourite to win still fedor is in another title fight well he will either go 11-0 or 10-1.

Well, Fedor said he was more motivated for a Grand Prix I think or he thought he do good. I think one of Fedor's biggest issues was inactivity as other than 2007, 2009, 2011, & 2018, he's mostly only fought once a year after PRIDE. I don't care how good you are, you can't keep fighting at an elite level if your only fighting once a year. As he advances, it keeps him active. The grappling will be helpful against Bader cause if Bader isn't explosive enough then he can go for a ride like Mir did. This is big because as one site said this will be his first title fight in nine years since he defended the WAMMA World Heavyweight Championship against Brett Rogers.

I'm kind of surprised it wasn't brought up more how Sonnen has become the PRIDE Hunter with back to back victories over Wanderlei Silva & Quinton Jackson along with a previous win over Mauricio Rua or that Fedor beat Matt Lindland who was Sonnen's mentor long ago.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:29 am
That's true he did though by 2007 he had 30 bouts under his belt he could of hung the gloves then he would still be heavyweight goat 28-1-0-1 at the time that's  a goat record. With Ryan yes he hits hard but he will more likely drag it to the mat i doubt he will stand and trade with fedor.,though Chael did say it felt like fedor was slowing down if true is a bit of a worry for me and Chael also said fedor is fast not just heavyweight fast but fast.

That bellator belt would look good next to the pride fc belts.

I wonder who vitali minakov is fighting? Him vs either sergei or a rematch with cheick or mitrione would be a great welcome back.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:27 am
westcott123 wrote:Oh god Chael took a dive i guess that is the new excuse used to be this guy will smash fedor then fedor wins they were never that good anyway.

So, if he took a dive then why not lay down after he was dropped early on? Why didn't Bader go down which would allow Bellator to do Mitrione/Fedor II?
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:44 pm
westcott123 wrote:I will say this it is great that fedor was using his grappling again it is a pity he didn't have that mind set in strikeforce he seems to be training like a mad man again he wants to win the tournament you can tell.

11-0
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:45 pm
westcott123 wrote:Oh god Chael took a dive i guess that is the new excuse used to be this guy will smash fedor then fedor wins they were never that good anyway.

Yeah, typical zombie noise.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:47 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Well, Fedor said he was more motivated for a Grand Prix I think or he thought he do good. I think one of Fedor's biggest issues was inactivity as other than 2007, 2009, 2011, & 2018, he's mostly only fought once a year after PRIDE. I don't care how good you are, you can't keep fighting at an elite level if your only fighting once a year. As he advances, it keeps him active. The grappling will be helpful against Bader cause if Bader isn't explosive enough then he can go for a ride like Mir did. This is big because as one site said this will be his first title fight in nine years since he defended the WAMMA World Heavyweight Championship against Brett Rogers.

I'm kind of surprised it wasn't brought up more how Sonnen has become the PRIDE Hunter with back to back victories over Wanderlei Silva & Quinton Jackson along with a previous win over Mauricio Rua or that Fedor beat Matt Lindland who was Sonnen's mentor long ago.

Great post. Inactivity really could have played a roll in that. Crazy this is his first title fight in 9 years.

I didn't realize Sonnen took out so many PRIDE fighters. Fedor put an end to that.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:50 pm
westcott123 wrote:That's true he did though by 2007 he had 30 bouts under his belt he could of hung the gloves then he would still be heavyweight goat 28-1-0-1 at the time that's  a goat record. With Ryan yes he hits hard but he will more likely drag it to the mat i doubt he will stand and trade with fedor.,though Chael did say it felt like fedor was slowing down if true is a bit of a worry for me and Chael also said fedor is fast not just heavyweight fast but fast.

That bellator belt would look good next to the pride fc belts.

I wonder who vitali minakov is fighting? Him vs either sergei or a rematch with cheick or mitrione would be a great welcome back.

Chael recognizes Fedor's speed and power. He was impressed with both.

Yeah, the belts would look good with the PRIDE belts and the WAMMA title.

I like the Minakov vs. Sergei fight. That would be a good one. Mitrione and Kongo are really good options as well.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:51 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

So, if he took a dive then why not lay down after he was dropped early on? Why didn't Bader go down which would allow Bellator to do Mitrione/Fedor II?

True.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:29 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

True 
Because they're a bunch of idiots who still to this day haven't gotten over the fact that fedor would not play ball with the ufc.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:54 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

True 
Because they're a bunch of idiots who still to this day haven't gotten over the fact that fedor would not play ball with the ufc.

That's exactly why.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:18 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

True 

Yet another reason I want Fedor to win in the finals. Imagine the zombie's heads blowing up. Miocic lost the title, Velasquez seems to be done, and even the other considered the best appear to be in decline while the guy they consider overrated beat three former UFC fighters and became a champion again.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:21 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

True 

Yet another reason I want Fedor to win in the finals. Imagine the zombie's heads blowing up. Miocic lost the title, Velasquez seems to be done, and even the other considered the best appear to be in decline while the guy they consider overrated beat three former UFC fighters and became a champion again.

Yeah, I would love to see their faces if Fedor takes it all. They are pulling hard for Bader in this fight.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:52 am
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

True 

Yeah, I would love to see their faces if Fedor takes it all.  They are pulling hard for Bader in this fight.

He's their last line of defense.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:18 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

True 

Yeah, I would love to see their faces if Fedor takes it all.  They are pulling hard for Bader in this fight.

Yeah, because after that he can retire with the PRIDE, WAMMA, and Bellator HW titles on his mantle.
westcott123
westcott123

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:44 am
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

Yeah, because after that he can retire with the PRIDE, WAMMA, and Bellator HW titles on his mantle.  
Don't forget the 2 rings tournaments too. As for fedor winning the belt yeah we know the response Ryan took a dive so Chael and Frank took a dive yet allowed Matt to knock fedor out.
westcott123
westcott123

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:52 am
Ah ladies and gentlemen when dc gets a defence he will be the new greatest heavyweight of all time cause yep screw going 31-1-0-1 27-0-0-1nc in a 10 year span becoming a 10x champion all you need to do is to defend the ufc belt once that's it, you can guarantee they will label dc hw goat if he beats derrick Lewis.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:19 am
westcott123 wrote:Ah ladies and gentlemen when dc gets a defence he will be the new greatest heavyweight of all time cause yep screw going 31-1-0-1 27-0-0-1nc in a 10 year span becoming a 10x champion all you need to do is to defend the ufc belt once that's it, you can guarantee they will label dc hw goat if he beats derrick Lewis.

Of course they will because they're always trying to find the next guy to label that and they wonder why almost no one believes it. Let's face it, if Fedor wins this then it's almost next to impossible to argue him not being the HW GOAT.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:21 am
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Don't forget the 2 rings tournaments too. As for fedor winning the belt yeah we know the response Ryan took a dive so Chael and Frank took a dive yet allowed Matt to knock fedor out.

As well as the RINGS Openweight Championship. So counting Openweight stuff, he has three championships and three tournaments. Sure nice if he can make it four each.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum