GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Eddie Alvarez with ONE Championship ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eddie Alvarez with ONE Championship ??

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:09 pm
westcott123 wrote:It hasn't it be a sign of things to come, and i think the ufc will disband flyweight.

Ps if that does happen other organisations like bellator rizin one fc especially the Asian mma promotion should jump in and go after these fly weights .

Yeah, they could be doing away with the whole division. I know they discussed it in the past. I bet everyone will be going after the FLWs if this is the case.
westcott123
westcott123

Eddie Alvarez with ONE Championship ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eddie Alvarez with ONE Championship ??

Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:34 am
^^ you can guarantee that ^^ i see the future Ben does very well in the ufc and the zombies "I'm a Ben askren fan all of a sudden ".
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:45 pm
westcott123 wrote:^^ you can guarantee that ^^ i see the future Ben does very well in the ufc and the zombies "I'm a Ben askren fan all of a sudden ".

I agree. I think Ben will be a force in the UFC as well. Would be cool to see him with the 170 lbs title in the near future.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:44 am
Would be amazing if Ben does lift the ufc belt oh you watch them become his fan. Isn't it amazing how they get their knickers in a twist when a fighter from another organisation says i can beat the ufc champion.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:48 am
westcott123 wrote:Would be amazing if Ben does lift the ufc belt oh you watch them become his fan. Isn't it amazing how they get their knickers in a twist when a fighter from another organisation says i can beat the ufc champion.

Yeah, I think they will jump on board the Askren bandwagon quickly. They should have him fight Woodley for the belt right off the bat.

Yeah, that does. I think Askren is coming to take the belt.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:20 am
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/demetrious-johnson-wants-to-fight-in-rizin-one-then-bellator.3805671/

Well dj wants to get all the belts in the major promotions two things
1 it is bull shit how dj is judged because he didn't fight tj.
2 the person on there saying dj is a dunce because he wants to collect all the belts, cause as we know there are no top level fighters in other promotions.
3 yes i added a 3
Would what be great an mma world cup where the top 10 promotions send their champions or the number one contender if the title holder is injured say over a period of two weeks have your opening quarter final semi finals with the grand prix final held say over the Saturday and Sunday. The winner is the best in the world regardless of promotion. The best rule set? Easy Rizin ff has the best rule set in mma today.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:58 pm
westcott123 wrote:http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/demetrious-johnson-wants-to-fight-in-rizin-one-then-bellator.3805671/

Well dj wants to get all the belts in the major promotions two things
1 it is bull shit how dj is judged because he didn't fight tj.
2 the person on there saying dj is a dunce because he wants to collect all the belts, cause as we know there are no top level fighters in other promotions.
3 yes i added a 3
Would what be great an mma world cup where the top 10 promotions send their champions or the number one contender if the title holder is injured say over a period of two weeks have your opening quarter final semi finals with the grand prix final held say over the Saturday and Sunday. The winner is the best in the world regardless of promotion. The best rule set? Easy Rizin ff has the best rule set in mma today.

Yeah, that article was interesting by DJ. He wants to collect all the belts from the major promotions; ONE, RIZIN, and Bellator. I'd like to see him fight Horiguchi again, this time in the RIZIN ring.
westcott123
westcott123

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:25 am
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10/28/18012786/angela-lee-wants-baddest-female-fighters-of-this-era-with-second-one-championship-title

What are Angelas chances of pulling off the win? I would love to see anglea fight rizin champion kanna asakura .
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:48 am
westcott123 wrote:https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10/28/18012786/angela-lee-wants-baddest-female-fighters-of-this-era-with-second-one-championship-title

What are Angelas chances of pulling off the win? I would love to see anglea fight rizin champion kanna asakura .

Would be cool if she pulls it off. I'd like to see her fight Asakura as well.
westcott123
westcott123

Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:09 pm
Who do you think will win between Angela and Kanna, to be honest i would love to see that match.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:23 pm
westcott123 wrote:Who do you think will win between Angela and Kanna, to be honest i would love to see that match.

Good fight. I think maybe Angela.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:17 am
westcott123 wrote:Who do you think will win between Angela and Kanna, to be honest i would love to see that match.

Do you mean Kana Asakura? Who would win that?

That'd be hard to call. I really don't know, actually.

Angela Lee's next fight is against Xiong Jing Nan, and she's moving up in weight to challenge the champion in the next division.

Nan is a rare female fighter who wins a lot of fights by knockout.

It is striker vs grappler, and often a really good grappler will beat a really good striker, so I lean toward Angela Lee.

If it was Lee vs Asakura? My first thought was Asakura, because of her very strong wrestling. My next thought was Lee, because she seems more versatile. I actually really don't know how to call that one. Maybe I'll give a slight edge to Lee.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:20 am
If Nan can keep it standing vs Lee, she should win the fight. And that has been a common formula for great strikers to beat great grapplers. I consider Crocop and Liddell to be great innovators of this approach. Also Wanderlei Silva should probably be mentioned, and there are more.

Many a great grappler has been made like a fish out of water on their feet against a striker that they couldn't hang with.

Lee-Nan is a good matchup.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:48 am
nodogoshi wrote:If Nan can keep it standing vs Lee, she should win the fight. And that has been a common formula for great strikers to beat great grapplers. I consider Crocop and Liddell to be great innovators of this approach. Also Wanderlei Silva should probably be mentioned, and there are more.

Many a great grappler has been made like a fish out of water on their feet against a striker that they couldn't hang with.

Lee-Nan is a good matchup.

That's true, Cro Cop, Liddell, and Wand are good innovators of that. I would mention Maurice Smith as another innovator.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:48 am
nodogoshi wrote:

Do you mean Kana Asakura? Who would win that?

That'd be hard to call. I really don't know, actually.

Angela Lee's next fight is against Xiong Jing Nan, and she's moving up in weight to challenge the champion in the next division.

Nan is a rare female fighter who wins a lot of fights by knockout.

It is striker vs grappler, and often a really good grappler will beat a really good striker, so I lean toward Angela Lee.

If it was Lee vs Asakura? My first thought was Asakura, because of her very strong wrestling. My next thought was Lee, because she seems more versatile. I actually really don't know how to call that one. Maybe I'll give a slight edge to Lee.
Yes i thought i misspelled it a match between them in the future would be interesting.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:18 pm
It is rumored Eddie will fight Martin Nguyen for the 155 lbs belt.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:42 pm
CDF47 wrote:It is rumored Eddie will fight Martin Nguyen for the 155 lbs belt.  
Oh ok i thought Eduard folyang and his opponent where fighting for the belt and that aoki was next in line.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:51 pm
A good thing in Asia there are more opponents for him in one fc mighty mouse I'm referring too .
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:06 pm
westcott123 wrote:
Oh ok i thought Eduard folyang and his opponent where fighting for the belt and that aoki was next in line.

Yeah, that may have been the plan. It might change though with the signing of Eddie. It is rumored Eddie will get an immediate title shot.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:08 pm
westcott123 wrote:A good thing in Asia there are more opponents for him in one fc mighty mouse I'm referring too .

Yes, he can fight at 135 lbs again. Would really like to see him against Horiguchi in the future. That would be a great rematch to make. Not sure who would win that. I would like to see it in the Rizin ring.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:49 pm
Same here let's be real most of the fly weight competion is in Asia.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:25 pm
westcott123 wrote:Same here let's be real most of the fly weight competion is in Asia.

That's right. They are.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:52 am

Apparently the lightweight limit in One is actually 169. They talked about it in the conference call which was featured on a recent No Holds Barred episode. I've noticed they never announce weights on the shows, only heights. But apparently the weights are all like one division off. They were saying it's to discourage weight cutting. And they have other steps to discourage weight cutting. They basically want people to fight close to their walking around weight.

I'm guessing this was implemented after that case in which (I believe) a Thai fighter died cutting weight for a One fight.

It seems like a positive policy, to be sure. I said it before; but when Luis Santos missed weight for a fight with Askren, Victor Cui came down very hard on him, calling him unprofessional and saying other things. I said at the time that this was inappropriate. Then, the Thai fighter died cutting weight, and Victor Cui came out being very said about it--which I'm sure he genuinely was--but it highlighted the inappropriateness of his previous treatment of Luis Santos.

Nonetheless, I'm glad they responded to the situation, and their policy seems to work, at least based on their own accounts of it. Eddie Alvarez was positive about it, as well, on the conference call.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:11 am
nodogoshi wrote:

Apparently the lightweight limit in One is actually 169. They talked about it in the conference call which was featured on a recent No Holds Barred episode. I've noticed they never announce weights on the shows, only heights. But apparently the weights are all like one division off. They were saying it's to discourage weight cutting. And they have other steps to discourage weight cutting. They basically want people to fight close to their walking around weight.

I'm guessing this was implemented after that case in which (I believe) a Thai fighter died cutting weight for a One fight.

It seems like a positive policy, to be sure. I said it before; but when Luis Santos missed weight for a fight with Askren, Victor Cui came down very hard on him, calling him unprofessional and saying other things. I said at the time that this was inappropriate. Then, the Thai fighter died cutting weight, and Victor Cui came out being very said about it--which I'm sure he genuinely was--but it highlighted the inappropriateness of his previous treatment of Luis Santos.

Nonetheless, I'm glad they responded to the situation, and their policy seems to work, at least based on their own accounts of it. Eddie Alvarez was positive about it, as well, on the conference call.

Interesting. Yeah, I think 155 is there FW limit, so they will be fighting in the FW division is from what I read but you are probably correct since you heard the conference call.

Yeah, I remember that Cui was very sad about the loss of the Thai fighter and he mentioned a rule change immediately. So this is the new rule set which is good that the fighters don't kill themselves cutting weight. That is insane.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:15 am
CDF47 wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

Interesting.  Yeah, I think 155 is there FW limit, so they will be fighting in the FW division is from what I read but you are probably correct since you heard the conference call.  

Yeah, I remember that Cui was very sad about the loss of the Thai fighter and he mentioned a rule change immediately.  So this is the new rule set which is good that the fighters don't kill themselves cutting weight.  That is insane.

Yeah I see. It was announced in the call that Alvarez would be fighting in the lightweight division, which it was said is 169 (Alvarez said, 'it's 169, right?' and the guy from One said 'yes').

But it's possible that Alvarez could instead fight at 155. What they said on the call could have been speculation, doesn't mean it was set in stone that Alvarez would be at 169. We'll have to wait for the potential announcement, I suppose.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum