Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Kingfedor on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:33 pm


Bellator
January 26, 2018
The Forum
         
Los Angeles, California, USA


Main Card:
Fedor Emelianenko (38-5)    vs. (26-5) Ryan Bader   
Main Event |  Title Fight | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg)

The Finals of the Bellator Heavyweight World Grand Prix will see the greatest heavyweight of all time Fedor Emelianenko (38-5, 1 NC) meet current light heavyweight champ Ryan Bader (26-5) for the Bellator world heavyweight title. The dream matchup takes place on Saturday, January 26 at the "Fabulous" Forum in Inglewood, Calif.

Fighting out of Stary Oskol, Belgorod Oblast, Russia, Fedor Emelianenko enters the Heavyweight World Grand Prix Finals on the heels of consecutive first-round knockouts over Chael Sonnen and Frank Mir in the tourney's semifinals and opening round, respectively. A former PRIDE FC Heavyweight Champion and PRIDE 2004 Heavyweight World Grand Prix Champion, "The Last Emperor" is now one win away from claiming Bellator gold. Often referred to as "The GOAT" by fans around the world, his career resume stands as one of the most impressive in the history of the sport with victories over Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mirko Cro Cop, Mark Hunt, Mark Coleman and Andrei Arlovski, to name a few. With 29 career victories ending via finish, the punching power and world-class Sambo of the stoic Russian could result in yet another accolade in his illustrious career.

Attempting to become a simultaneous two-division titleholder, Ryan Bader's path to the rare achievement is nearly complete. In his quest to earn the moniker of "Champ-Champ" and cement his status in the pound-for-pound standings, the Reno, Nev.-native KO'd "King Mo" Lawal in 15 seconds and later dominated Matt Mitrione in the Semifinals of the Heavyweight World Grand Prix. Fighting out of Gilbert, Ariz., the former two-time NCAA Division I All-American wrestler from Arizona State University began his professional career with a 12-fight unbeaten streak and by winning season eight of The Ultimate Fighter. "Darth" continued his path of dominance by collecting victories over some of the 205-pound division's top talent, including wins over former world champions "Rampage" Jackson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis and Rafael "Feijão" Cavalcante, as well as Ovince Saint Preux, Vinny Magalhães and Linton Vassell.


Last edited by Kingfedor on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
Kingfedor
Admin

Location : Quebec
Posts : 3590
Join date : 2012-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:48 pm

Here we go. I got Fedor!

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:38 am

The same i have fedor, come on win this tournament for us old school fans.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2274
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:54 am

westcott123 wrote:The same i have fedor, come on win this tournament for us old school fans.

I really can't wait for this one, a shot at the whole enchilada; including the tournament win and the Bellator HW title. That would be a nice way to go out.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:52 am

I have Bader, but you damn well know I want Fedor to win.

I'm probably going to be proper nervous when I watch this. I'm always nervous when Fedor fights. He's about the only fighter that causes that reaction for me.

This could be the first time Fedor has fought when I considered him the underdog.

That said, I certainly think he has some paths to victory. Sonnen was probably a good warm up fight. He seems similar to Bader in some ways, but sort of a scaled down version.

Not as big, not as good at wrestling, and not as good standing.

Fedor should have the edge on the feet, but Bader can't be underestimated there.

Bader certainly has the edge in wrestling, and will probably put Fedor on his back. Fedor has beat good wrestlers in the past. Mark Coleman was a better wrestler than Bader, but Bader is more of a total package.

Fedor is older now, and Bader is in his prime. I think that's going to be the difference.

But not for two seconds do I see Bader having his way with Fedor the way he did with Mitrione. Mitrione is tough and game, but he is limited. That fight was somewhat predictable.

Do I see Fedor armbarring Bader like he did to Coleman (2x) and Matt Lindland?

I don't. He could. But I don't think he will.

But, he could.

Can he neutralize Bader's wrestling?

He'll make him work, but I don't think he will neutralize Bader's wrestling.

Could he neutralize his wrestling enough to catch him standing?

He could. And I think that's his best chance.

I think it's competitive, but I have to lean toward Bader.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

_________________
avatar
nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : Jiangsu Province, China
Posts : 4690
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:56 am

nodogoshi wrote:I have Bader, but you damn well know I want Fedor to win.

I'm probably going to be proper nervous when I watch this. I'm always nervous when Fedor fights. He's about the only fighter that causes that reaction for me.

This could be the first time Fedor has fought when I considered him the underdog.

That said, I certainly think he has some paths to victory. Sonnen was probably a good warm up fight. He seems similar to Bader in some ways, but sort of a scaled down version.

Not as big, not as good at wrestling, and not as good standing.

Fedor should have the edge on the feet, but Bader can't be underestimated there.

Bader certainly has the edge in wrestling, and will probably put Fedor on his back. Fedor has beat good wrestlers in the past. Mark Coleman was a better wrestler than Bader, but Bader is more of a total package.

Fedor is older now, and Bader is in his prime. I think that's going to be the difference.

But not for two seconds do I see Bader having his way with Fedor the way he did with Mitrione. Mitrione is tough and game, but he is limited. That fight was somewhat predictable.

Do I see Fedor armbarring Bader like he did to Coleman (2x) and Matt Lindland?

I don't. He could. But I don't think he will.

But, he could.

Can he neutralize Bader's wrestling?

He'll make him work, but I don't think he will neutralize Bader's wrestling.

Could he neutralize his wrestling enough to catch him standing?

He could. And I think that's his best chance.

I think it's competitive, but I have to lean toward Bader.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

I know, I also get the butterfiles for Fedor fights as well. They already started for this Bader fight.

I hope you are wrong as well, LOL. I agree with your breakdown but I see Fedor possibly catching Bader on the feet. I hope he can keep it standing long enough to beat Bader there.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:00 pm

I can just see it now if Fedor wins.

Us: You're the GOAT, Fedor!

Zombies: But But He never fought in the UFC.

Us: He doesn't have to, he beat six former champions and three former ones in this tournament.

Zombies: We can't stand this. This whole thing is insane. Insane I tell you insane.

Zombies: Look, we don't have to fight in the UFC. We're just like Fedor Emelianenko. Call us the GOAT!

Zombies: We don't have to be in the place where "the best fight the best three times a year". Kiss are ass and say were great.

Fedor: Are you guys ok.

Zombies: Oh, were better than ok because we're Fedor Emelianenko.

Fedor: Ha, you wish.

avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1626
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:27 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:I can just see it now if Fedor wins.

Us: You're the GOAT, Fedor!

Zombies: But But He never fought in the UFC.

Us: He doesn't have to, he beat six former champions and three former ones in this tournament.

Zombies: We can't stand this. This whole thing is insane. Insane I tell you insane.

Zombies: Look, we don't have to fight in the UFC. We're just like Fedor Emelianenko. Call us the GOAT!

Zombies: We don't have to be in the place where "the best fight the best three times a year". Kiss are ass and say were great.

Fedor: Are you guys ok.

Zombies: Oh, were better than ok because we're Fedor Emelianenko.

Fedor: Ha, you wish.


LOL

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:01 pm

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155710330081881&id=323571966880&anchor_composer=false

Chael gives fedor his props, lol at the first comment one of the replies the same person said "Dan Henderson is a better fighter then fedor which he proved when he knocked fedor out"

The same Dan who got submitted by the same big nog who got smashed twice by fedor..
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2274
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:24 pm

westcott123 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155710330081881&id=323571966880&anchor_composer=false

Chael gives fedor his props, lol at the first comment one of the replies the same person said "Dan Henderson is a better fighter then fedor which he proved when he knocked fedor out"

The same Dan who got submitted by the same big nog who got smashed twice by fedor..

Don't forget Fedor mostly lost due to overzealousness. He looked good but he was trying to TKO/KO a guy who had one of the best chins in MMA history and at that point had never been knocked out.

Then again, I guess Daiju Takase is one of the best fighters of all time since he proved it by beating Anderson Silva.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1626
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:42 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155710330081881&id=323571966880&anchor_composer=false

Chael gives fedor his props, lol at the first comment one of the replies the same person said "Dan Henderson is a better fighter then fedor which he proved when he knocked fedor out"

The same Dan who got submitted by the same big nog who got smashed twice by fedor..

Don't forget Fedor mostly lost due to overzealousness. He looked good but he was trying to TKO/KO a guy who had one of the best chins in MMA history and at that point had never been knocked out.

Then again, I guess Daiju Takase is one of the best fighters of all time since he proved it by beating Anderson Silva.

Good point regarding Takase.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:11 pm

^^ exactly takase is a better fighter than Anderson..
He is 12-15-2 but hey going by that guys "logic" takase is a better fighter than Anderson right ?
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2274
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:26 pm

westcott123 wrote:^^ exactly takase is a better fighter than Anderson..
He is 12-15-2 but hey going by that guys "logic" takase is a better fighter than Anderson right ?

Yeah, right.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:39 pm

CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155710330081881&id=323571966880&anchor_composer=false

Chael gives fedor his props, lol at the first comment one of the replies the same person said "Dan Henderson is a better fighter then fedor which he proved when he knocked fedor out"

The same Dan who got submitted by the same big nog who got smashed twice by fedor..

Don't forget Fedor mostly lost due to overzealousness. He looked good but he was trying to TKO/KO a guy who had one of the best chins in MMA history and at that point had never been knocked out.

Then again, I guess Daiju Takase is one of the best fighters of all time since he proved it by beating Anderson Silva.

Good point regarding Takase.  

Thank you. We can go further. Keith Jardine is better than Chuck Liddell so I guess he's one of the greatest light heavyweight fighter of all time. Ray Mercer must be great as he knocked out Tim Sylvia in 9 seconds.
avatar
Rocksoldier84

Location : New Jersey
Posts : 1626
Join date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:43 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155710330081881&id=323571966880&anchor_composer=false

Chael gives fedor his props, lol at the first comment one of the replies the same person said "Dan Henderson is a better fighter then fedor which he proved when he knocked fedor out"

The same Dan who got submitted by the same big nog who got smashed twice by fedor..

Don't forget Fedor mostly lost due to overzealousness. He looked good but he was trying to TKO/KO a guy who had one of the best chins in MMA history and at that point had never been knocked out.

Then again, I guess Daiju Takase is one of the best fighters of all time since he proved it by beating Anderson Silva.

Good point regarding Takase.  

Thank you. We can go further. Keith Jardine is better than Chuck Liddell so I guess he's one of the greatest light heavyweight fighter of all time. Ray Mercer must be great as he knocked out Tim Sylvia in 9 seconds.

Oh yeah, there are a number of them.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:11 pm

You can do it with near all of them unless they're undefeated talk about a mind fuck.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2274
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:00 pm

westcott123 wrote:You can do it with near all of them unless they're undefeated talk about a mind fuck.

Yeah, if you look at it that way.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:27 am

westcott123 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155710330081881&id=323571966880&anchor_composer=false

Chael gives fedor his props, lol at the first comment one of the replies the same person said "Dan Henderson is a better fighter then fedor which he proved when he knocked fedor out"

The same Dan who got submitted by the same big nog who got smashed twice by fedor..

The same Dan Henderson who won the first meeting with Big Nog, and who was champion of Rings, Pride (two divisions), and Strikeforce; and who almost became UFC champion in his retirement fight.

The guy saying what you refer to is a total tool, and Fedor is the greatest, but Dan Henderson is one of the greatest.

All of this was after going to two Olympics for greco-roman wrestling, in 1992 and 1996. And after 8 years of fighting, he also won the greco-roman pan-am games in 2004.

Dan Henderson is one of the greatest combat sports athletes of all time.

He doesn't get enough credit.

In fact, he did beat Fedor, and if I were next to Dan Henderson on a barstool and he wants to say he's greater than Fedor, he'd have a claim to it.

I don't think he'd say that. But he could argue it.

They are both great fighters.

But the mythical goat title, in my book, goes to Fedor.

_________________
avatar
nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : Jiangsu Province, China
Posts : 4690
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:46 am

nodogoshi wrote:
westcott123 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155710330081881&id=323571966880&anchor_composer=false

Chael gives fedor his props, lol at the first comment one of the replies the same person said "Dan Henderson is a better fighter then fedor which he proved when he knocked fedor out"

The same Dan who got submitted by the same big nog who got smashed twice by fedor..

The same Dan Henderson who won the first meeting with Big Nog, and who was champion of Rings, Pride (two divisions), and Strikeforce; and who almost became UFC champion in his retirement fight.

The guy saying what you refer to is a total tool, and Fedor is the greatest, but Dan Henderson is one of the greatest.

All of this was after going to two Olympics for greco-roman wrestling, in 1992 and 1996. And after 8 years of fighting, he also won the greco-roman pan-am games in 2004.

Dan Henderson is one of the greatest combat sports athletes of all time.

He doesn't get enough credit.

In fact, he did beat Fedor, and if I were next to Dan Henderson on a barstool and he wants to say he's greater than Fedor, he'd have a claim to it.

I don't think he'd say that. But he could argue it.

They are both great fighters.

But the mythical goat title, in my book, goes to Fedor.

That's right. Dan Henderson is all that, I agree. I also agree Fedor is the MMA GOAT. I just wonder where to put him in combat sports GOAT status. Would be cool to see him take this Bellator title despite the odds. That would move him up in the combat sports rankings.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by westcott123 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:52 am

No disagreement from me Dan Henderson is a top. 10 all time goat a person will be a fool to say Dan isn't.

Can you believe it 2018 and people still do it

They're better because they won. Yes that doesn't mean their opponent can't beat them next time around.

Fedor is the goat in my book the only guy in my opinion who a person could say is the goat over fedor is gsp.
avatar
westcott123

Location : australia
Posts : 2274
Join date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by CDF47 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:55 am

westcott123 wrote:No disagreement from me Dan Henderson is a top. 10 all time goat a person will be a fool to say Dan isn't.

Can you believe it 2018 and people still do it

They're better because they won. Yes that doesn't mean their opponent can't beat them next time around.

Fedor is the goat in my book the only guy in my opinion who a person could say is the goat over fedor is gsp.

Yeah, only GSP is in the argument but I have him as number 2 behind Fedor. Dan is definitely a top 10 GOAT.

_________________
MMA Major Leagues: UFC, RIZIN, Bellator, KSW, PFL, ROAD FC, ONE, Fight Nights, M-1 Global, ACA
Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
avatar
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings & Moderator

Location : United States
Posts : 13111
Join date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:06 am

CDF47 wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:
westcott123 wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155710330081881&id=323571966880&anchor_composer=false

Chael gives fedor his props, lol at the first comment one of the replies the same person said "Dan Henderson is a better fighter then fedor which he proved when he knocked fedor out"

The same Dan who got submitted by the same big nog who got smashed twice by fedor..

The same Dan Henderson who won the first meeting with Big Nog, and who was champion of Rings, Pride (two divisions), and Strikeforce; and who almost became UFC champion in his retirement fight.

The guy saying what you refer to is a total tool, and Fedor is the greatest, but Dan Henderson is one of the greatest.

All of this was after going to two Olympics for greco-roman wrestling, in 1992 and 1996. And after 8 years of fighting, he also won the greco-roman pan-am games in 2004.

Dan Henderson is one of the greatest combat sports athletes of all time.

He doesn't get enough credit.

In fact, he did beat Fedor, and if I were next to Dan Henderson on a barstool and he wants to say he's greater than Fedor, he'd have a claim to it.

I don't think he'd say that. But he could argue it.

They are both great fighters.

But the mythical goat title, in my book, goes to Fedor.

That's right.  Dan Henderson is all that, I agree.  I also agree Fedor is the MMA GOAT.  I just wonder where to put him in combat sports GOAT status.  Would be cool to see him take this Bellator title despite the odds.  That would move him up in the combat sports rankings.

Fedor is high on the greatest combat sports athlete list.

He was sambo world champion, how many times?

He was runner-up in the Russian judo championship a few times.

He competed in a judo World Cup (which is a team competition). I don't know his individual results, but Russia won the silver medal.

I've seen where he claimed that he should have gone to the Olympics in judo. But he said that judo politics intervened. So, he started fighting. All the better for us, and a blessing in disguise for him, as well.

_________________
avatar
nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : Jiangsu Province, China
Posts : 4690
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:18 am

On the subject of greatest combat sports athlete, Alexander Karelin comes to mind. Though he was a one-sport athlete, he was like a Japanese comic book character.

I wouldn't put him above Henderson or Fedor.

On a combat sports athlete list, I may rank Henderson higher than Fedor, though it is competitive.

Henderson just did more things, but they both did a lot, and such lists (like boxing pound-for-pound lists) are mostly entertainment anyway.

That's actually an interesting idea--combat sports top athletes--but those are three of my picks.

The number 1 is obviously Frank Dux, though. Wink.

_________________
avatar
nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : Jiangsu Province, China
Posts : 4690
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by nodogoshi on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:25 am

I may also include Frank Gotch. I'm not a scholar of catch-as-catch-can on the level of one Mark Chapman, but it seems like Gotch came on the scene and dominated, and became a legend, in what was at the time a very competitive sport.

I may also include Jigoro Kano. The founder of judo.

He was well schooled in Japanese martial arts, and made his own style, which was innovative and included many of the best aspects of what he had learned.

He definitely fought, because Japanese martial arts includes a lot of sparring, as a normal practice.

The judo of kano was a comprehensive martial art, but he developed sport judo as a softer style for competition (it isn't very soft--I know from experience--but it doesn't involve being punched in the face). Sadly, much of the classical judo has been lost, although the Kodokan probably maintains the record, and in all likelihood has people on payroll that can fight in the classical judo comprehensive way. So it isn't too sad. But, it's sad that judo students don't learn the whole enchilada.

Those are a few additional ideas.

_________________
avatar
nodogoshi
Moderator

Location : Jiangsu Province, China
Posts : 4690
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by fka on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:50 pm

If a mw hendo beat fedor then a mw overeem beat lesnar

_________________
"When I'am hurting my opponent too badly i show him mercy,but when he takes advantage of that mercy i end the fight."FEDOR

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
avatar
fka

Location : modesto,california USA
Age : 33
Posts : 6598
Join date : 2013-05-23

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellator 214: Fedor vs. Bader - January 26 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum