GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs - May 4 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs - May 4 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:10 pm
Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs - May 4 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Canelo-Jacobs_TMA-Website_1320x560-0e17ea21eb
Canelo vs. Jacobs
May 4, 2019
USACanelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs - May 4 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg

Main Card:
Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs - May 4 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svgSaul Alvarez (51-1-2) vs.  (35-2)   Daniel JacobsCanelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs - May 4 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg
Main Event | Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs - May 4 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  3967481112  IBF - WBA - WBC Title Fight | Middleweight | 160 lbs (72.5 kg)

Canelo Alvarez has agreed to fight fellow middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs on May 4.

Mexico’s Alvarez (51-1-2, 35 knockouts) broke the news of the unification bout on his Twitter account Thursday. The streaming service DAZN will broadcast the fight.

World Boxing Council and World Boxing Assn. champion Alvarez will have the opportunity to add the International Boxing Federation belt that Jacobs (35-2, 29 KOs), of Brooklyn, N.Y., won in October with a defeat of Sergiy Derevyanchenko by split decision.

“I will unify my middleweight titles against Daniel Jacobs on one of the two most important dates that belong to me," Alvarez said. "I have no doubt that I will be victorious and that I’ll be one step away from becoming the undisputed middleweight world champion.”

Alvarez’s promoters will soon huddle with MGM Resorts executive Richard Sturm to negotiate the fight’s placement at T-Mobile Arena. Alvarez promoter Oscar De La Hoya said Thursday that, although the deal was not signed yet, he expected the fight to take place at the Las Vegas venue.

Alvarez, 28, added the WBA secondary super-middleweight belt to his collection on Dec. 15 by scoring a third-round technical knockout of England’s Rocky Fielding at Madison Square Garden.

That victory made him the ninth Mexican to hold world titles in three divisions.

Jacobs, 31, has an advantage in height of 3 ½ inches and in reach of 2 ½ inches over Alvarez. Jacobs reigned as the WBA secondary middleweight champion until March 2017, when he was just edged out by then-unbeaten champion Gennady Golovkin on unanimous-decision scores of 114-113, 115-112, 115-112 at Madison Square Garden.

Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs - May 4 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Re: Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs - May 4 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Fri May 03, 2019 12:50 am

You cannot reply to topics in this forum