GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirtball Dana White wants to retire Minotauro

+11
westcott123
God of Thunder
Aunt Red
Rocksoldier84
Adax
mailler
RussianTopTeam
Hamilcar
Dorch
fka
stu3ufc
15 posters
Go down
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Dirtball Dana White wants to retire Minotauro Empty Dirtball Dana White wants to retire Minotauro

Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:48 pm

UFC president Dana White announced that he is "done" promoting fights featuring Brazilian legend Antonio Rodrigo Nogeuira following Big Nog's decision loss to Stefan Struve at UFC 190.

"I don't want to see Nogueira fight ever again. He should retire."

"I love Big Nog, and I think everybody loves Big Nog," White said. "He's such a good guy. He's respected by everybody, and he and I actually talked tonight. I'm done. I don't want to see him fight anymore. He doesn't disagree.

"He and I are going to get together, and we're going to talk. I'm probably going to give him the Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes and Forrest Griffin deal. I'm going to bring him in and make him an employee."

Nogueira is a former Pride heavyweight champion, a former UFC interim heavyweight champ, a legend of the sport and a first-ballot Hall of Famer if there is such a thing in mixed martial arts. He's on a three fight losing streak and is 5-6 with the UFC.

Liddell, Hughes and Griffin all enjoy sinecures with Zuffa, the parent company of the UFC.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Dirtball Dana White wants to retire Minotauro Empty Re: Dirtball Dana White wants to retire Minotauro

Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:36 pm
Not before fedor rematch lol.....

Smile
Dorch
Dorch

Dirtball Dana White wants to retire Minotauro Empty Re: Dirtball Dana White wants to retire Minotauro

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:41 pm
Nog was really really fucking slow looking and old vs Struve. I dont want agree with the bozo, but maybe its for the best.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:32 pm
Not a bad deal for Nog, but remember all the times that Dana said he doesn't tell fighters what to do?
fka
fka

Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:15 am
He looked bad for sure...
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:42 am
Love Big Nog but father time has finally caught up to him and he's simply not fast enough to keep up with younger hungrier TRT ridden fighters.
mailler
mailler

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:13 am
Its time for Minotauro think about his present condition and decide to retire or not.
Dorch
Dorch

Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:43 am
This is probably the first and last time this forum will agree with Dana, its just sad to watch Nog get beaten up like that.

stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:03 am
Dorch wrote:This is probably the first and last time this forum will agree with Dana, its just sad to watch Nog get beaten up like that.

The thing is though let it be Minotauros decision. I'm sure big nog wants to keep going

fuck dana and his little come to zuffa meetings...trying to cuck fighters into being zuffa employee slaves shills

If big nog wants one last hurrah then let him come to his own retirement.... it's hardly like big nog is getting ktfo in every fight.
Adax

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:10 pm
He's only 39, shut the fuck up Dana you know nothing about fighter careers you boxercize fucking faggot.

I'm going to go by his logic and say I don't want to see Dana's stupid shit words ever again, he should retire from speaking.
Dorch
Dorch

Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:39 pm
Man hes only 39 but he looks like he should rest a little. An official retirement fight would be cool for sure.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:00 pm
Dorch wrote:Man hes only 39 but he looks like he should rest a little. An official retirement fight would be cool for sure.

39 is up there but remember. It's not a matter of age but mileage. He's been fighting for 16 years, has had 46 fights, and has been in many brutal wars. Not to mention that his legendary chin is gone, he's had many injuries, and some staph infections.

Like it or not, Dana is right. Big Nog has had one of MMA's greatest careers but it's over.
Adax

Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:20 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
Dorch wrote:Man hes only 39 but he looks like he should rest a little. An official retirement fight would be cool for sure.

39 is up there but remember. It's not a matter of age but mileage. He's been fighting for 16 years, has had 46 fights, and has been in many brutal wars. Not to mention that his legendary chin is gone, he's had many injuries, and some staph infections.

Like it or not, Dana is right. Big Nog has had one of MMA's greatest careers but it's over.

Cro Cop is 40 years old and has had 45 MMA fights, 45 kickboxing bouts. Plenty of wars but no one is complaining about him retiring at the moment. Dana is not right dude because he is not a fighter.

If Nog doesn't want to fight then that's up to him, not fucking Dana scumbag white who is just looking for a Brazilian drone equivalent of Chuck Liddell. If Dana doesn't want to see him fight then cut him, no one should be agreeing with Dana shitting on the spirit of a warrior and trying to interfere in their careers.
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:51 pm
I'm a big nog fan too, and I think he should retire. He looks like shit.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:21 am
AudaxSynth wrote:
If Nog doesn't want to fight then that's up to him, not fucking Dana scumbag white who is just looking for a Brazilian drone equivalent of Chuck Liddell. If Dana doesn't want to see him fight then cut him, no one should be agreeing with Dana shitting on the spirit of a warrior and trying to interfere in their careers.
This is exactly what it´s all about. It´s disgusting how Dana wants to keep the legends like birds in a Cage. He wants Nog to retire from combat sports and work for Zuffa so no other promotion can use him. I don´t want Nog to get beat up in UFC but he can compete in Ganryujima, Metamoris and other similar promotions. Maybe Nog wants to start his own promotion or something like that.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:35 am
Golden Age wrote:
AudaxSynth wrote:
This is exactly what it´s all about. It´s disgusting how Dana wants to keep the legends like birds in a Cage. He wants Nog to retire from combat sports and work for Zuffa so no other promotion can use him. I don´t want Nog to get beat up in UFC but he can compete in Ganryujima, Metamoris and other similar promotions. Maybe Nog wants to start his own promotion or something like that.

I can only imagine under one of those zuffa employee contracts that want to own the fighter for life so he cant do anything that would compete with zuffa. Minotauro is very wealthy in brazil he runs his own chain of gyms around the world now.

look at the fighters who are zuffa employees....chuck, hughes, forrest...what the fuck are they actually doing other than travelling to oversea UFC events and doing a Q&A ...none of them are fighting for better rights or trying to make the sport safer or better. Then you have WAND who is trying to fight for a union and the Ali act to be put in place.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:45 am
stu3ufc wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
AudaxSynth wrote:

I can only imagine under one of those zuffa employee contracts that want to own the fighter for life so he cant do anything that would compete with zuffa. Minotauro is very wealthy in brazil he runs his own chain of gyms around the world now.

look at the fighters who are zuffa employees....chuck, hughes, forrest...what the fuck are they actually doing other than travelling to oversea UFC events and doing a Q&A ...none of them are fighting for better rights or trying to make the sport safer or better. Then you have WAND who is trying to fight for a union and the Ali act to be put in place.

I Commend wanderlei for doing what he is doing all the people giving him shit when all he had Been mainly saying Is that Fighters deserve more money and respect but we all know the real reason .
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:41 am
Nog recently told that he wants to fight Fedor in UFC or outside of UFC so maybe he will "retire" so his UFC contract expiries and than he can fight Fedor but chances for that are minimum beacuse UFC contracts are very long (example Wanderlei) and Nog told in 2014 that he thinks 2015 will be last year so  maybe he is really tired of fighting( http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/22/6054553/antonio-minotauro-nogueira-to-retire-by-the-end-of-2015 )
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:32 pm
He should have retired after the Nelson KO at the latest (ideally, before it). But his body, his health, his decision. He knows the risks of carrying on.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:21 pm
LEGENDMMA=PRIDEFC wrote:Nog recently told that he wants to fight Fedor in UFC or outside of UFC so maybe he will "retire" so his UFC contract expiries and than he can fight Fedor but chances for that are minimum beacuse UFC contracts are very long (example Wanderlei) and Nog told in 2014 that he thinks 2015 will be last year so  maybe he is really tired of fighting( http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/22/6054553/antonio-minotauro-nogueira-to-retire-by-the-end-of-2015 )

UFC contracts own you for life

no fighting outside of ufc forever
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:25 pm
backdoor to zuffa wrote:He should have retired after the Nelson KO at the latest (ideally, before it). But his body, his health, his decision. He knows the risks of carrying on.
Yes Nog shouldn´t get beat up more but that´s not the issue. Dana keeping Nog and other athletes as Zuffa property is the problem.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:58 pm
when nog retires im gonna make a tribute HL Smile
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:00 pm
Nog is one of my favorite all time fighters. He doesn't look the same so this may be a good time to retire. Not because Dana wants him to though.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:34 pm
fka
fka

Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:17 pm
Dude thats the worst match fir him lol

He gonna get ktfo....or another arm torn off.

Give him a ol pride guy like mark hunt thatd be a great retirement fight.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum