GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:28 pm
Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) BMMA_bridgeport_1920x1080_tunein.jpg?quality=0
Bellator 225
August 24, 2019
Webster Bank Arena
Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg

Main Card:
Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgMatt Mitrione (13-6)       vs. (29-7) Sergei KharitonovBellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg   
Main Event | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg)

Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgTimothy Johnson (12-5) vs.  (8-1) Valentin MoldavskyBellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg   
Co-Main Event | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg)

Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgNick Newell (15-2)         vs.       (5-2) Corey BrowningBellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg   
Main Card | Lightweight | 155 lbs (70 kg)

Bellator will hold the first-ever MMA event at Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, Conn. on Saturday, August 24 when Matt Mitrione (13-6, 1 NC) squares off against Sergei Kharitonov (28-6, 2 NC) in a heavyweight headliner.

Just six months after the pair of heavyweight sluggers first met, the rematch will take place just 75 miles south of Uncasville's Mohegan Sun at Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, Conn. The card will be overseen by the Connecticut Boxing Commission.

Hailing from Indianapolis, Matt Mitrione will once again lace up the gloves in a main event against Kharitonov after an inadvertent shot put an abrupt end to their first matchup at Bellator 215 this past February. The former Purdue University and New York Giant football standout is fresh off a strong run in Bellator's Heavyweight World Grand Prix, where the knockout artist advanced all the way to the semifinal round after defeating Roy Nelson. With victories in four of his last five contests, including a highlight-reel first round knockout of Fedor Emelianenko, Mitrione will now focus on writing the second chapter of his story with Kharitonov.

Riding a seven-fight unbeaten streak, including four first-round finishes and three knockouts, Sergei "The Paratrooper" Kharitonov returns to the U.S. after an unfortunate end to the pair's first meeting. Now, the Moscow-native will seek to add another name to his list of victories amassed in well-known promotions around the globe, such as Pride and Strikeforce, and against equally dominant fighters, including Roy Nelson, Fabricio Werdum, Andrei Arlovski, Murilo "Ninja" Rua and Alistair Overeem.

Heavyweights collide as Timothy Johnson(12-5)  takes on Valentin Moldavsky (8-1) in unmissable co-main event at bellator225.

Johnson is coming off of a knockout loss to Cheick Kongo at 208 last October in his Bellator debut. Before that, the 34-year-old went 4-3 in the  Ultimate Fighting Championship with wins over the likes of Shamil Abdurakhimov, Daniel Omielańczuk, Marcin Tybura and Marcelo Golm.

Moldavsky, meanwhile, is riding a three-fight winning streak, last beating Linton Vassell by decision at Bellator 218. His other two wins inside the promotion came when he knocked out Ernest James and beat Carl Seumanutafa by decision. The Stary Oskol, Russia, resident has also competed in  Rizin Fighting Federation before making his way to the Viacom-owned promotion.
westcott123
westcott123

Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:54 am
The mitrione vs kharitonov definitely needed a do over.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:07 am
westcott123 wrote:The mitrione vs kharitonov definitely needed a do over.

That's putting it mildly. Feel bad for the people that night who paid to watch a main event end in a no contest 15 seconds in.

I think Mitrione's best chance is the beginning of the fight while Kharitonov has the advantage the longer it goes.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:36 pm
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/28/8933652/cris-cyborg-blasts-dana-white-for-bullying-her-not-sure-about-future-with-the-ufc

What do you guys think ? Will she stick to the ufc ? Or go elsewhere ? God "mma fans" can be real fickle three  predictions ( she rematches Amanda nunes beats her we're Cris cyborg "fans" again all of a "sudden" .Two she loses oh this just proves how over rated she always is fighting soccer mums and bloated 135lbs women oh yes and she is a man. Three she leaves " she just wants fight "easier" competition because they're not in the ufc which Pretty much what it boils down to.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:57 am
westcott123 wrote:https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/28/8933652/cris-cyborg-blasts-dana-white-for-bullying-her-not-sure-about-future-with-the-ufc

What do you guys think ? Will she stick to the ufc ? Or go elsewhere ? God "mma fans" can be real fickle three  predictions ( she rematches Amanda nunes beats her we're Cris cyborg "fans" again all of a "sudden" .Two she loses oh this just proves how over rated she always is fighting soccer mums and bloated 135lbs women oh yes and she is a man. Three she leaves " she just wants fight "easier" competition because they're not in the ufc which Pretty much what it boils down to.

If she wants to leave then I say fuck it and leave. What does she have to prove? She's 6-1 in UFC and won the championship. She's also coming off a win in her last fight so what more does she need. She proved herself already. Not to mention that she's one of those fighter that will never win. Nothing will be good enough.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 pm
Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 20140404105327_1DX_9785Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 2 - August 24 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 20131006064311_javi_ayala
Bellator is stacking the deck with heavyweights for its Aug. 24 visit to Bridgeport, Conn., with the Bellator 225 main event of Bellator 225 between Matt Mitrione and Sergei Kharitonov now joined by another clash of big men in the co-headlining slot.

Bellator officials announced that former heavyweight champion Vitaly Minakov will return to action against American Javy Ayala.

Russian Minakov (21-1 MMA, 5-1 BMMA) arrived in Bellator for his first stint in late 2012 and won the promotion's heavyweight tournament. That earned him a title shot against fellow countryman Alexander Volkov, whom he finished inside a round to capture the heavyweight title in November 2013 at Bellator 108.

Minakov was later stripped of the title because of inactivity, and he moved on to compete for the Fight Nights Global promotion in Russia, where he continued his undefeated record with seven more wins before heading back to Bellator earlier this year.

However, Minakov's return saw him lose to Cheick Kongo in a de-facto title eliminator at Bellator 216 in February, and now the 34-year-old is looking to push himself back into the title conversation with an impressive victory over Ayala (11-7 MMA, 6-4 BMMA), who snapped a two-fight losing streak with a second-round finish of former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir at Bellator 212 last December.

The Minakov-Ayala bout takes the confirmed number of heavyweight matchups on the Bellator 225 main card to four. There's a third U.S. vs. Russia clash, with Timothy Johnson and Valentin Moldavsky also confirmed. And the fourth heavyweight clash on the main card will see undefeated American prospects Tyrell Fortune and Rudy Schaffroth go head to head.
westcott123
westcott123

Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:07 pm
The next challenger is possibly out of one of these guys.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:33 am
Ooh, a lot of heavyweight action. This should be great.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:24 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/28/8933652/cris-cyborg-blasts-dana-white-for-bullying-her-not-sure-about-future-with-the-ufc

If she wants to leave then I say fuck it and leave. What does she have to prove? She's 6-1 in UFC and won the championship. She's also coming off a win in her last fight so what more does she need. She proved herself already. Not to mention that she's one of those fighter that will never win. Nothing will be good enough.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/8/2/20752221/dana-white-releasing-cris-cyborg-from-the-ufc-will-not-offer-her-a-new-contract#comments

So Dana released her rather than apologise oh They Will double down on her being scared of Amanda nunes even though she had a shirt that said nunes cyborg 2 on It.

Be interesting to see were she goes My Pick is Bellator or pfl I think Bellator is the most likely bet.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:33 pm
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/8/2/20752221/dana-white-releasing-cris-cyborg-from-the-ufc-will-not-offer-her-a-new-contract#comments

So Dana released her rather than apologise oh They Will double down on her being scared of Amanda nunes even though she had a shirt that said nunes cyborg 2 on It.

Be interesting to see were she goes My Pick is Bellator or pfl I think Bellator is the most likely bet.

Bellator would make sense given they have a division, She and Coker worked together, and her/Budd would be a big fight for Bellator. I'm not surprised since I think UFC never liked her and were waiting for her to lose and now they have Nunes on top, they can discard Cyborg like trash.
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:20 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Bellator would make sense given they have a division, She and Coker worked together, and her/Budd would be a big fight for Bellator. I'm not surprised since I think UFC never liked her and were waiting for her to lose and now they have Nunes on top, they can discard Cyborg like trash.

I heard that her team edited the tape.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:29 pm
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

I haven't seen the tape.
westcott123
westcott123

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:16 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

I haven't seen the tape.

It was the one where she confronts Dana in the back apparently that was "edited" by her team.

If it is true it would suck for her because you know they will use it against her.

https://www.themix.net/2019/08/cris-cyborg-issues-apology-for-altered-video-of-confrontation-with-dana-white/
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:33 pm
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

I haven't seen the tape.

It was the one where she confronts Dana in the back apparently that was "edited" by her team.

If it is true it would suck for her because you know they will use it against her.

https://www.themix.net/2019/08/cris-cyborg-issues-apology-for-altered-video-of-confrontation-with-dana-white/

Rogan is already saying whoever edited it is fucking stupid so it's begun.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:17 pm
So happy that Kharitonov won!Very Happy
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:07 pm
Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:So happy that Kharitonov won!Very Happy

I do too along with Minakov though I'm sure some will bring up the mouthguard controversy.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum