How can rizin Bellator legitimized themselves?

Go down

How can rizin Bellator legitimized themselves? Empty How can rizin Bellator legitimized themselves?

Post by CODELMJVG on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:39 pm

Just like back then ufc needed to send UFC guys to legitimize the organization and Fighters. It benifit them but with major risk.

Now ufc argument that it doesn't benefit them to send their Fighters what about the other way around obviously you can send Bellator or rizen fighters to the UFC but not too exclusively sign him up?

Any thoughts.

Bellator and rizin doing good things for mma.
You have quacks like Brendan Schaub saying you ain't shitt without the UFC. It's like he wants to keep it as a fringe Sport and not let it grow you know it's not like soccer you know the World Cup Club football or you have at least top 10 football leagues in the world and mandatory facing each other off in their own respectful regions.

CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

How can rizin Bellator legitimized themselves? Empty Re: How can rizin Bellator legitimized themselves?

Post by wekka on Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:27 am

I think a good start is for Bellator to put emphasis on their homegrown stars. There's a place for UFC veterans but not as headliners. You got to feed these guys to your Patricio Pitbulls, AJ McKees, Douglas Limas, etc.

I think RIZIN is doing fine, though. They could probably benefit from doing what KSW does with their Heavyweights and Super Heavyweights. They desperately needed a name like Asashoryu or Harumafuji to get more casual eyes on the product. Maybe try dipping in the Kyokushin pool a little more or Olympic Judokas, Wrestlers, or Taekwondo guys. Imagine someone like a Saori Yoshida getting a NYE fight, although it might be a little too late for that. Maybe try to build up Kyotaro since his boxing career has plateaued.
wekka
wekka

Back to top Go down

How can rizin Bellator legitimized themselves? Empty Re: How can rizin Bellator legitimized themselves?

Post by InfinityLens on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:39 pm

wekka wrote:I think a good start is for Bellator to put emphasis on their homegrown stars. There's a place for UFC veterans but not as headliners. You got to feed these guys to your Patricio Pitbulls, AJ McKees, Douglas Limas, etc.

I think RIZIN is doing fine, though. They could probably benefit from doing what KSW does with their Heavyweights and Super Heavyweights. They desperately needed a name like Asashoryu or Harumafuji to get more casual eyes on the product. Maybe try dipping in the Kyokushin pool a little more or Olympic Judokas, Wrestlers, or Taekwondo guys. Imagine someone like a Saori Yoshida getting a NYE fight, although it might be a little too late for that. Maybe try to build up Kyotaro since his boxing career has plateaued.

To do that they should make cards more top heavy, start cutting the pay for the lower end guys and concentrate it toward the higher end guys. They can get bigger names like that.

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:31 am

That would certainly help. If you've got the Strikeforce team, you might as well go with the Strikeforce dynamic. Six bigs cards a year, allowing you to go pretty top heavy on the cards and you can still have smaller scale challenger cards. Bellator is soffering from the same thing that the UFC is to a smaller extent and that's just a watered down producy.
wekka
wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum