UFC signs European light heavyweight champion Jiri Prochazka!!

Go down

UFC signs European light heavyweight champion Jiri Prochazka!! Empty UFC signs European light heavyweight champion Jiri Prochazka!!

Post by CODELMJVG on Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:39 pm

UFC signs European light heavyweight champion https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/28491815
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

UFC signs European light heavyweight champion Jiri Prochazka!! Empty Re: UFC signs European light heavyweight champion Jiri Prochazka!!

Post by CODELMJVG on Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:41 pm

Your thoughts huge loss for rizin and bellator the talent pool needs to grow in this organizations!
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

UFC signs European light heavyweight champion Jiri Prochazka!! Empty Re: UFC signs European light heavyweight champion Jiri Prochazka!!

Post by wekka on Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:05 pm

Really fucking lame. Shame we couldn't get the Bader match but pickings were pretty barren after that unless he made the switch to Bellator.
wekka
wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by CODELMJVG on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:19 am

Use to be active on for news here.

Reason why members dont post much here.
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:34 am

Sucks and a blow to Rizin but I can't be surprised. He probably thought more fights, more challenges, and more money.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:59 pm

CODELMJVG wrote:Use to be active on for news here.  

Reason why members dont post much here.

This place has died down quite a bit since I started posting.

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:48 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:Sucks and a blow to Rizin but I can't be surprised. He probably thought more fights, more challenges, and more money.

It is a pity but lets be real Rizin doesn't have much of a light heavyweight division .
westcott123
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by CODELMJVG on Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:57 pm

Shit seems like its worse to at least get some talent growing. Rizin alone with jiri is not enough same with ufc is full of east European talent and very thin division in ufc.

Overall its effecting all of mma.
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:44 pm

I saw on Sherdog someone say Rizin is becoming a Japanese wec which is probably true.
westcott123
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocksoldier84 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:37 am

westcott123 wrote:I saw on Sherdog someone say Rizin is becoming a Japanese wec which is probably true.

Yup. Then again, DREAM pretty much was a Japanese WEC and even ONE doesn't have strong heavier weight classes.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:35 am

westcott123 wrote:I saw on Sherdog someone say Rizin is becoming a Japanese wec which is probably true.

and that isn't that bad of a thing. WEC was great and still a top 5 promotion at the end of its run. K-1 Japan is running a similar promotion and they're bringing in good crowds to larger arenas like Saitama, Yokohama, Edion Arena, and Ryogoku. Not bad for a promotion that cut their teeth at Yoyogi 2nd and the community arena of Saitama.
wekka
wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by wekka on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:37 am

Prochazka had a limited shelf life in RIZIN unfortunately. He was always either going to end up in UFC or Bellator but I'm more worried about Tofiq Musyaev making the jump. There's still fights available for him theoretically, like Roberto Satoshi, superfights with Aoki, Bendo/Chandler, and possibly Mikuru Asakura
wekka
wekka

Back to top Go down

Post by westcott123 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:06 pm

Rocksoldier84 wrote:Sucks and a blow to Rizin but I can't be surprised. He probably thought more fights, more challenges, and more money.

It's a pity man I would love for Rizin to build a solid heavyweight light heavyweight division . Jiri was talking about going to the UFC even before he signed to the UFC it's on YouTube. I will Link it when I can find the bastard.

westcott123
westcott123

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityLens on Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:32 pm

They can make stars with lighter weight classes because Asians tend to be a bit smaller but don't Japanese audience's like freakshows with giant dudes?

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum