GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King Mo signed with Bellator and TNA wrestling

+7
wekka
Kid Chocolate
Kinosis
CDF47
ZuffaKiller
KSW
Wolfman
11 posters
Go down
Wolfman
Wolfman

King Mo signed with Bellator and TNA wrestling Empty King Mo signed with Bellator and TNA wrestling

Thu May 10, 2012 2:41 pm
KSW
KSW

King Mo signed with Bellator and TNA wrestling Empty Re: King Mo signed with Bellator and TNA wrestling

Thu May 10, 2012 3:35 pm
That´s cool, will he participate in a tourney?
ZuffaKiller

King Mo signed with Bellator and TNA wrestling Empty Re: King Mo signed with Bellator and TNA wrestling

Thu May 10, 2012 4:20 pm
King Mo: Guaranteed Bellator/TNA contract preferable to hypothetical Zuffa deal

For Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal, a guaranteed deal is worth far more than a hypothetical one.

In fact, the former Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion said his new MMA and pro-wrestling contracts were better than anything he could imagine elsewhere, including the UFC and Strikeforce.

So the 31-year-old will happily join the Spike TV family when he makes his TNA Wrestling debut this summer and his Bellator MMA debut in early 2013.

Lawal and company officials today held a media call to make an official announcement about the unique deal, which will see the fighter simultaneously split time between the Bellator cage and TNA Impact Wrestling ring.

Strikeforce released Lawal in March after he criticized a Nevada State Athletic Commission representative following his March 27 hearing to answer for a failed drug test. UFC president Dana White recently mentioned the possibility of Lawal returning to the Zuffa family, but as far as the fighter is concerned, that option was off the table.

"Let's put it like this: That door is closed," Lawal told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "It's plain and simple. That door is closed, man.

"I'm not going to wait for nobody. If somebody comes to me with something that is good and a great deal, I'm going to take the best deal. And right now, the Bellator deal is the best deal you can possibly get. With Bellator and Impact Wrestling, that's the best deal you can possibly get, and I took it."

Lawal, who's on the mend following a recent ACL surgery and staph infection, will soon begin his pro-wrestling training in Louisville, Ky. Tonight, he's join "MMA Uncensored Live" on Spike TV, and he'll help call the action for tomorrow's Bellator 68 event. Then in January, he's expected to join a Bellator season-eight light-heavyweight tournament. If victorious, he'll get his title shot in the Viacom-owned promotion, which currently airs on MTV2 before its move to Spike TV in 2013.

"I will enter the tournament, I will win the tournament, and I will get that belt," Lawal, a former amateur wrestling standout, said. "That's what I'm going to do.

"I'm going to knock out people in the cage and hit people with chairs in the ring. Either way, I'm winning."

Terms of the deal weren't disclosed. However, both TNA Entertainment president Dixie Carter and Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney suggested Lawal's relationship with Spike TV will stretch for years.

And as for the combination of "real" MMA and "fake" wrestling – something that dogged Brock Lesnar when he joined the UFC after a career in the WWE – Rebney has faith.

"I have an amazing amount of trust in the MMA fan base ... and their ability to realize what mixed martial arts is and realize what professional wrestling is, and understand we found a guy in Mo who can transcend both of those different environments simultaneously," he said. "I think when fans see what comes out – vis-a-vis Spike and they see what Mo is going to do at Impact and what Mo is going to do at Bellator, and that it's going to happen at the same time ... with him – I think it's going to work beautifully.

"I think he's going to be able to transcend and jump from one to another. He's going to get a lot of frequent-flyer miles, and when this all stops in about four years, he'll be able to take his family wherever they want to go."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28642/king-mo-says-guaranteed-bellatortna-contract-preferable-to-hypothetical-zuffa-deal.mma
KSW
KSW

Thu May 10, 2012 4:47 pm
I´m happy for Mo and that he stands up for himself. He will win the LHW title and he could become a big draw for Bellator.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu May 10, 2012 9:33 pm
This awesome news. I am glad he ended up with Bellator rather than Titan or Legacy. I was hoping he would either go to Bellator, DREAM, M-1, KSW, or ONE FC.

King Mo could be the champ in 2013. A fight with Rampage would be sweet in Bellator as well.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu May 10, 2012 11:18 pm
Every time zuffa loses a name fighter an angel gets his wings.
Kid Chocolate
Kid Chocolate

Thu May 10, 2012 11:29 pm
It’s really sad to see top talent like King Mo going to shitty LHW division like bellator LHW division, even if he’s a half dead cantonese nowadays….

But lets look at the bright side maybe he will do some matches in japan or europe.
KSW
KSW

Fri May 11, 2012 12:44 am
Kid Chocolate wrote:It’s really sad to see top talent like King Mo going to shitty LHW division like bellator LHW division, even if he’s a half dead cantonese nowadays….

But lets look at the bright side maybe he will do some matches in japan or europe.
You don´t want to see him as the Bellator champ? I´m sure the Bellator LHW division will be legit soon.
wekka
wekka

Fri May 11, 2012 2:42 am
The only possibly intriguing match in Bellator is with Vegh, but i'd like to see him get through the tournament first.

A rematch with Wiuff doesn't really sound all to great. M'Pumbu doesn't stand much of a chance.

The only fighters outside of the Zuffa banner at LHW that could make interesting bouts would probably be Arona (who is most likely done), Ishii, Manuwa, Nakanishi, Yoel Romero, Sokoudjou (for shits and gigs), Drysdale, Xande, Tony Lopez...
Wolfman
Wolfman

Fri May 11, 2012 10:26 am
Like Pat Barry said, MMA fans focus too much on the negative side. Bellator getting a name like King Mo is a good thing. Yes, the upper weightclasses in Bellator are weak, but now it's their chance to start building it. The public loves the heavy guys, they should consider that now, since they got some good names. King Mo will be the champ there, i'm sure. That'll help both Bellatov and Mo.
Fisticuffa
Fisticuffa

Fri May 11, 2012 10:41 am
Bellator LHW division leaves much to be desired but Mo has to make money too.

He can't just sit around waiting & hoping that the UFC will take him back.

But what's up with the wrestling?

Aren't pro wrestlers prone to frequent injuries, it takes a hell of a toll on your body. I wonder how many times he has to pro wrestle each month?

Also how will that effect his MMA game.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri May 11, 2012 11:27 am
I hope Bellator lets him bring back his ring walks.

Another reason to say fuck Zuffa.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri May 11, 2012 2:45 pm
BTW, 2 words: Rampage superfight.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Fri May 11, 2012 3:40 pm
nodogoshi wrote:BTW, 2 words: Rampage superfight.

Two words plus a gif: Fuck yeah! King Mo signed with Bellator and TNA wrestling 2750705302

Do it Bellator!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm
nodogoshi wrote:BTW, 2 words: Rampage superfight.

Absolutely. That's what I'm hoping for. That would be a sweet fight as a first super fight on Spike next year.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Fri May 11, 2012 8:24 pm
I wish M-1 would work together with TNA because Bellator sucks Wink
Adax

Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 pm
Hollywood Dang wrote:I wish M-1 would work together with TNA because Bellator sucks Wink

Dangs cheers
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum