GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Which fight are you most excited for?

Fedor vs Monson

Henderson vs Shogun

Wanderlei Silva vs Cung Le

Overeem vs Lesnar

View results

Kinosis
Kinosis

Which fight are you most excited for? Empty Which fight are you most excited for?

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:09 am
And who do you think will win? Give a fight breakdown if you wish.
KSW
KSW

Which fight are you most excited for? Empty Re: Which fight are you most excited for?

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:55 am
Really hard to choose a favourite but Fedor gets me most excited. Monson is hard to finish but I can see Fedor winning via TKO. Cung vs Wandy will be a stand up war and I´m leaning towards Cung.
KSW
KSW

Which fight are you most excited for? Empty Re: Which fight are you most excited for?

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:56 am
I´m rooting for Shogun and Reem in the other two fights.. So many great fights coming up
Nomad
Nomad

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:27 pm
Fedor and Shogun are my all time favorite fighters so what I picked was Hendo over Monson

I think Hendo and Shogun got alot in line therefore I voted for it, if Shogun wins that means hes back in the mix and hungry for a revenge

if Hendo wins that means Greg Jackson's nightmare is getting closer and closer
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Reem vs. Lesnar. Lesnar will try to stand with him at first, gets caught, turtles, TKO for Reem round 1.
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:40 pm
Welcome Nomad and Dapperdoo! Feel at home
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:41 pm
Epic Shogun HL Nomad, make some more please Very Happy
Nomad
Nomad

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:42 pm
Dapperdoo wrote:Reem vs. Lesnar. Lesnar will try to stand with him at first, gets caught, turtles, TKO for Reem round 1.

The problem is...we expected that end in Werdum fight as well right? and we didnt get it..but he got the W...will he this time?
Nomad
Nomad

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:43 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:Epic Shogun HL Nomad, make some more please Very Happy

Im thinking about making a Shogun VS Hendo Highlight tonight...im getting high for it as we speek :p
Nomad
Nomad

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:46 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:Welcome Nomad and Dapperdoo! Feel at home

hey any 1 from the land of Bosson is a friend of mine bro...hes one in a million (no pun intended)

at last some place we can actually DISCUSSMMA and share our points and views no matter how it differs

KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:51 pm
You da man Nomad!
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:52 pm
Nomad wrote:
Dapperdoo wrote:Reem vs. Lesnar. Lesnar will try to stand with him at first, gets caught, turtles, TKO for Reem round 1.

The problem is...we expected that end in Werdum fight as well right? and we didnt get it..but he got the W...will he this time?
Lesner will be aggressive though because he NEEDS thats takedown. He's going to throw a couple punches, get countered & rocked and start moving backwards. Overeem will pounce on him after that and he has better gnp than carwin and cain imo. that's what i think is gonna happen, but then again brock might go in for an early takedown and get uber kneed.

tack så mycket johan Very Happy
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:08 pm
I picked Fedor vs Monson because I want Fedor to get back on track but all of them are exciting to me.

Fedor, if he fights anything like he used to, should be able to beat Monson. I worry about Monson using that grab a leg and spin around takedown that he does often, the North/South choke and maybe getting Fedor's back, beyond that I think Fedor is safe. Monson is super hard to finish but I think Fedor can do it, Fedor by TKO.

I'm picking Shogun over Henderson. Shogun hits hard and has a more diverse striking game than Dan, he also has a good chin. The only worries I might have are if Dan tries to wall n stall him or something of that nature but Shogun isn't coming in off a knee injury so I think he takes it, maybe even by TKO.

Wanderlei vs Le I just have no idea about. Le fights so rarely and who knows how much he has been training. Silva, who knows if he will come out swinging or actually gameplan. I guess it's 50/50 going in but I think one guy will dominate the other one whichever way it goes.

Overeem vs Lesnar is another one that is hard to call. I was rooting for Overeem until the whole situation with his camp came out, now whatever. I guess I would still rather Overeem win so there can be a good striking battle between him and JDS.
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:12 pm
Dapperdoo wrote:
tack så mycket johan Very Happy
Very Happy
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:21 pm
Nomad wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:Epic Shogun HL Nomad, make some more please Very Happy

Im thinking about making a Shogun VS Hendo Highlight tonight...im getting high for it as we speek :p
I can´t wait. lol at getting high
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:23 pm
Kinosis wrote:I picked Fedor vs Monson because I want Fedor to get back on track but all of them are exciting to me.

Fedor, if he fights anything like he used to, should be able to beat Monson. I worry about Monson using that grab a leg and spin around takedown that he does often, the North/South choke and maybe getting Fedor's back, beyond that I think Fedor is safe. Monson is super hard to finish but I think Fedor can do it, Fedor by TKO.

I'm picking Shogun over Henderson. Shogun hits hard and has a more diverse striking game than Dan, he also has a good chin. The only worries I might have are if Dan tries to wall n stall him or something of that nature but Shogun isn't coming in off a knee injury so I think he takes it, maybe even by TKO.

Wanderlei vs Le I just have no idea about. Le fights so rarely and who knows how much he has been training. Silva, who knows if he will come out swinging or actually gameplan. I guess it's 50/50 going in but I think one guy will dominate the other one whichever way it goes.

Overeem vs Lesnar is another one that is hard to call. I was rooting for Overeem until the whole situation with his camp came out, now whatever. I guess I would still rather Overeem win so there can be a good striking battle between him and JDS.
Who has the better ground game at this point, Fedor or Monson?
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:27 pm
I really think Fedor is going to TKO Monson. I have a feeling it will be the old style Fedor where he's patient and doesn't swing for the fences. He won't get into any clinch situations i feel, and will just pick him apart on the feet.
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:44 pm
Dapperdoo wrote:I really think Fedor is going to TKO Monson. I have a feeling it will be the old style Fedor where he's patient and doesn't swing for the fences. He won't get into any clinch situations i feel, and will just pick him apart on the feet.
I will never give up hope and I think Fedor can fight smarter and walk right through Monson. He seems to be in great shape in the the training vids.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:22 pm
I think Fedor has just looked a little rusty on the ground for the last few of years. If he takes his time and fights smart I think he is better than Monson on the ground in MMA.

Monson isn't a guy I have spent tons of time studying but he looks like he has okay takedowns (that one I mentioned before is slightly tricky and seems to take people off guard), he has that North/South choke which most people aren't dealing with and sometimes he gets a RNC, besides that I don't think Fedor has anything to worry about and as long as he secures his position I think he is fine to unload on Monson from the top. Fedor has had some higher level grapplers this time to train with (his brother and Mousasi and perhaps others) so he may not be so rusty this time. I don't think Fedor has to worry about submissions if Monson is on his back either.
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:38 pm
So Fedor is better on the ground, I hope. I agree that he looked a little rusty on the ground, atleast compared to his PRIDE days.
Adax

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:44 pm
i gotta admit Hendo vs. Shogun edges out Fedor vs. Monson for me but JUST barely. i think Hendo vs. Shogun is a bigger toss up of who could win at this present time, i'm leaning towards Hendo due to his consistency as of late. i hope a tough Shogun shows up so it's a great fight, the constant questioning of, "which Shogun is gonna show?" always gets tired to me but the fact that we just won't know til the night of the fight really does add to the anticipation.

i think Fedor could win his fight relatively easily against Monson, the fact he's fighting in his homeland is gonna be a HUGE benefit in bringing Fedor back to destructive fashion. i see like a faster version of the Arlovski vs. Fulton fight happening pretty much.

Wand vs. Cung is amazing but i'm just not happy with how little faith i have in Wandy actually competing and/or winning this fight. kind of sours the bout for me personally.

Reem vs. Lesner is meh, Reem will just guillotine Brock in the first round. though the way Reem's been treating his team and management i'm starting to think i wouldn't mind seeing Brock dish out a little punishment...

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum