GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Arthur Guseinov: “I promise to be in a great shape next time” Empty Arthur Guseinov: “I promise to be in a great shape next time”

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:58 pm
One of the most entertaining Russian fighters, Arthur Guseinov, was stopped by experienced Brazilian opponent Mario Miranda on his way to the title, but Arthur believes that this defeat only made him stronger

- Arthur, what did you do after your fight with Miranda? Did you have any fights after it?

– No, I haven’t fought since May, but I have the possibility to participate in the tournament that will take place in Dubai. I’m going to go there soon, so we will see, if there will be fight for me, I’d like to fight there

- How do you train in summer?

– My summer training includes jogging every morning in the park. I want to be always in a good shape, always ready to fight, even on short notice. When I don’t know when is my next fight, I take the fights not as seriously as I should. So, I’m going to change this situation and be ready all the time

- Do you have any possible date of your comeback to the ring?

– Nothing certain yet, now it’s summer, it’s a good time to train and prepare for the upcoming fights. Promoter can call me today or tomorrow, so I should be always ready do go anywhere and fight. MMA, muay thai, K-1 – anything. Now I’m looking for the offers, so we will see

- Did your analyze your fight with Mario Miranda? What went wrong in this fight? What did you learn after that defeat?

– My very big mistake was that I underestimated my opponent and went to the ground during the fight. I wasn’t able to be in perfect physical shape because of the injuries, so I had only a couple of weeks for normal training. I had to fight my fight, keep the distance and use my kickboxing skills. Hopefully, I will have a chance to fight with Mario again. I promise to my fans that I will not even sit on the stool during the breaks between the rounds this time. I think, everything is going to be OK.

Now my weight is about 89 kg, I feel good, I don’t want to cut too much weight, though I know that I’m a natural welterweight. All the time when I fight with American opponents, they are 10-12 kilos heavier than me. Other training regimen, other supplements etc. You saw that Mario didn’t look tired at all after two rounds. Hopefully, I will be better next time.

- What about the tournament in Dubai, could you tell more about it?

– It’s a big eight-man tournament in UAE, with good money prize. I want to go there and talk about my possible participation in this tournament. Another Russian fighter Beslan Isaev have already fought there, he won his first fight and lost the second

- What are you working at now?

– Now I’m working at my stand-up skills: series of punches, work from the clinch. Also my training routine includes strength and conditioning training, submission skills training, submission defense training etc. In other words, I’m working on almost all components of my fighting technique and I want to be in a perfect shape in my next fight

- Who helps you with your preparations?

– My friend Magomed, six-time national muay thai champion, professional fighter Abdul Dadaev… there are a lot of good fighters in our gym who help me to work on my fighting skills. Some professional fighters come to train with us from time to time, that’s good for me too

http://www.m-1global.com/2012/08/22/arthur-guseinov-i-will-be-in-a-great-shape-in-my-next-fight/
MR.WILLIE

Arthur Guseinov: “I promise to be in a great shape next time” Empty Re: Arthur Guseinov: “I promise to be in a great shape next time”

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:23 pm
why the hell is he working on his stand up???? his ground game is more than suspect, he loose to luigi and miranda on the ground...
KSW
KSW

Arthur Guseinov: “I promise to be in a great shape next time” Empty Re: Arthur Guseinov: “I promise to be in a great shape next time”

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:49 am
This explains why Guseinov didn´t look good against Miranda..
I wasn’t able to be in perfect physical shape because of the injuries, so I had only a couple of weeks for normal training.
All the time when I fight with American opponents, they are 10-12 kilos heavier than me. Other training regimen, other supplements etc. You saw that Mario didn’t look tired at all after two rounds. Hopefully, I will be better next time.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum