GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

making HLs??

+4
Kinosis
Apres Moi
KSW
Adax
8 posters
Go down
Adax

making HLs?? Empty making HLs??

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:56 pm
so i've had a few ideas of things i'd like to put together for while now and think i want to give it a shot soon. a couple standard questions for anyone here with the experience of HL making/video editing.

what program do you use? i'll probably just try windows movie maker first since it's already on here and i have a little experience with it

where do you get your content? i haven't torrented in a long time but i'm figuring i'm gonna have to to be able find the content i want to use. safe sites with lots of combat sports content anyone could recommend would be awesome.

the main thing i'm excited about is bringing some unique musics and sounds (compared to what type of songs are usually used) to the combat sports HL game afro

some of the fighters i have ideas for:

Paul Taylor
Igor Vovchanchyn
Mamed Khalidov

i'll probably try to start working on something in a few days! (feel free to move this to off topic or headquarters anyone if needed.)
KSW
KSW

making HLs?? Empty Re: making HLs??

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:08 pm
Sounds great, especially Igor. I use VideoPad Video Editor with plugins. I find the footage on places like youtube, mma torrent and piratebay.
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:09 pm
The music is really important and I prefer to use music without lyrics.
Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:10 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:I find the footage on places like youtube, mma torrent and piratebay.

KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:11 pm
lol, fuck you Dana
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:16 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:The music is really important and I prefer to use music without lyrics.

I think that is a good point. Music without works tends to be more epic and it makes it timeless, whereas a song with lyrics tends to date a HL...it might seem cool now but in a year or two or 10 it will seem stuck in a different time period.
Adax

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:27 pm
i absolutely DESPISE HLs with non instrumental music! i'm glad you guys are on the same page about that, majority of what listen to doesn't even have lyrics so no worries there guys Surprised

how do you go about pulling things from youtube, Johan? i might have to do that for certain songs i'll want to use as well as fight footage.
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:35 pm
Youtube downloader for footage and youtube to mp3 online converter for music.
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:37 pm
Kinosis wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:The music is really important and I prefer to use music without lyrics.

I think that is a good point. Music without works tends to be more epic and it makes it timeless, whereas a song with lyrics tends to date a HL...it might seem cool now but in a year or two or 10 it will seem stuck in a different time period.
Yes, the only vid I made with lyrics was Fedor - Second coming of Christ. That song was made for that vid imo. Very Happy
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:00 pm
I never see guys online do HL vids with great music along with the excited announcer calls right up there with the music. This is how a lot of the big boys do many HL vids for major-league sports.

Just an idea???

Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:05 am
Dagwood wrote:I never see guys online do HL vids with great music along with the excited announcer calls right up there with the music. This is how a lot of the big boys do many HL vids for major-league sports.

Just an idea???

like this What a Face

Adax

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:08 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:Youtube downloader for footage and youtube to mp3 online converter for music.

alright i'm DLing the youtube downloader from cnet.

what specific site do you use personally for your mp3 conversions, Johan?
rezin
rezin

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:58 am

Music with lyrics can work quite well. Its about implementation and how things work together as a whole.

First time I saw this HL I thought ???? of the music choice, but over time I realize how well it works.

KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:12 am
AudaxPowder wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:Youtube downloader for footage and youtube to mp3 online converter for music.

alright i'm DLing the youtube downloader from cnet.

what specific site do you use personally for your mp3 conversions, Johan?
I use different sites this is one of them

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:14 am
rezin wrote:

Music with lyrics can work quite well. Its about implementation and how things work together as a whole.

First time I saw this HL I thought ???? of the music choice, but over time I realize how well it works.

That was cool. I like unusual stuff
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:40 am
I've been into the soccer makin HL scene for years and they're just on another level compared to MMA HL's in the creativity and editing. Except Johan's HL's, everyone else is shit imo. StillWill has a couple good ones too though. But Johan's aleks HL and his Rampage HL are dope as fuck.

I'm considering making some HL's but I haven't edited a vid in like 2 years.
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:48 am
Dapperdoo wrote:I've been into the soccer makin HL scene for years and they're just on another level compared to MMA HL's in the creativity and editing. Except Johan's HL's, everyone else is shit imo. StillWill has a couple good ones too though. But Johan's aleks HL and his Rampage HL are dope as fuck.

I'm considering making some HL's but I haven't edited a vid in like 2 years.

making HLs?? 1735768787
Adax

Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:06 pm
this shit is a lot more tedious than i anticipated! i think i'll be able to focus better after holiday weekend ends and family leaves.

i'm doing Genki Sudo first since there's like 5 million HLs for him already anyways so even if mine turns out shit i doubt anyone will notice making HLs?? 3980649464
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:10 pm
AudaxPowder wrote:this shit is a lot more tedious than i anticipated! i think i'll be able to focus better after holiday weekend ends and family leaves.

i'm doing Genki Sudo first since there's like 5 million HLs for him already anyways so even if mine turns out shit i doubt anyone will notice making HLs?? 3980649464
Awesome choice. Genkis entrances are on another level. Looking forward to it bro.
Adax

Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:31 pm
honestly: i wanted to refrain from using really any of Genki's entrances, i wanted a purely FIGHTING HL for the man but at this rate i'm probably gonna need the filler making HLs?? 3392635135
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:33 pm
Genki IS entrances, lol.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:04 am
rezin wrote:
I'm now officially in love with this song. Alberto Del Rio came out to this song when fighting CroCop which gives this song the extra special feel to it.

Gonna make that Shogun comp i promised to make after exams are over.
Adax

Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:16 pm
so WMP has been a piece of shit to chop up actual video with so what video editing programs should i look into guys?
KSW
KSW

Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:35 pm
AudaxPowder wrote:so WMP has been a piece of shit to chop up actual video with so what video editing programs should i look into guys?
VideoPad is good. You can use HD without converting.
Deadarmour
Deadarmour

Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:42 pm
No disrespect to any of the highlight makers on here
My favourite was Mick Bianchi1

You could really sense that there was a message; a feeling or story he was trying to convey, beyond it being just a run of the mill fight highlight

If I were creating a highlight, I would try to do the same (not in his style, but you know what I mean...).

They added to the mythical, legendary feel of PRIDE when I was just starting to get into mma... Highlight reels make art of fighting

...I'm a bit drunk, Merry Christmas! making HLs?? 1353611630
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum