GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

ROAD FC’s CEO Mun Hong Jung “UFC is like a cancer of Korean MMA” Empty ROAD FC’s CEO Mun Hong Jung “UFC is like a cancer of Korean MMA”

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:17 pm

I’m pretty much making a wild guess here and saying that ROAD FC’s CEO Mun Hong Jung doesn’t really like Uncle Dana and his UFC promotion that much. As we all know, Korea has become a hot bed for MMA in recent years with many of their homegrown fighters such as Chang Sung Jung and Kyung Ho Kang making it to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. While this is great for the UFC as they’ve been able to sign some high level talent from Asia, it might not be as great for the local promotions that built these stars.

In a recent interview with MFight Mun Hong Jung openly admits that he finds it “deplorable that the UFC acquires fighters without any dealing or negotiating with the other promotions”. According to ROAD FC, while the UFC does not strong arm fighters to join the promotion, they do contact fighters who are even under contract with the South Korean promotion and starts negotiation. Mr Jung claimed that,”it’s just like a robber.”

Mr Jung and ROAD FC strongly feels that should the UFC wish to acquire fighters from a promotion, they should contact the promotion and negotiate, much like it’s being done between football teams, i.e. in the pro football league, when a player transfers to other team, there will be the negotiation between the two teams which the player transfer from and to and there will be a transfer fee too. However, ROAD FC has claimed that this is not being practiced and that the current practice of acquiring fighters by the UFC is “just a vulgar way to get the fighter”. Mr. Jung emphasizes that the “UFC is killing each nation’s own promotions like ROAD FC.”

“If ROAD FC is beaten by UFC, then there will be no improvement in Korean MMA and much less opportunities for fighters will lead less produce of good talents at all. As a result, with a long term perspective, UFC’s business style has bad influence on not only Korean MMA but also bad for the improvement of most countries’ MMA.” said Mr. Jung.

http://www.thefightnation.com/road-fcs-ceo-mun-hong-jung-ufc-is-like-a-cancer-of-korean-mma/
KSW
KSW

ROAD FC’s CEO Mun Hong Jung “UFC is like a cancer of Korean MMA” Empty Re: ROAD FC’s CEO Mun Hong Jung “UFC is like a cancer of Korean MMA”

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:27 pm
Props to Jung for speaking the truth. It´s fucked up that Zuffa contacts fighters who are under contract with ROAD.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

ROAD FC’s CEO Mun Hong Jung “UFC is like a cancer of Korean MMA” Empty Re: ROAD FC’s CEO Mun Hong Jung “UFC is like a cancer of Korean MMA”

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:08 pm
Mun Hong Jung is now my favorite South Korean. Smile

G-MMA Rankings

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:58 pm
Big fan of Mun Hong Jung. This is not the first time he has spoken out about the Zuffa BS. He is right too. Zuffa's attempt to monopolize this sport globally is really hurting these other promotions around the world. Hopefully GLORY/DREAM and ONE FC and the ONE FC Network with ROAD FC, URCC, CFC, and too an extent DEEP & Pancrase, can help build up Asian MMA the right way rather than just dismantle it in hopes to monopolize the sport by running a couple shows there here and there. I hate some of the global expansion/monopolization shit Zuffa is attempting with this sport.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:31 pm
wow , instant respect for this guy!! We need more of them. ROAD FC’s CEO Mun Hong Jung “UFC is like a cancer of Korean MMA” 2750705302

wekka wrote:Id probably drink her piss too
M1levelposters
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:33 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:wow , instant respect for this guy!! We need more of them. ROAD FC’s CEO Mun Hong Jung “UFC is like a cancer of Korean MMA” 2750705302

Yes, we do....I agree.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
ZuffaKiller

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:51 pm
KSW
KSW

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:02 pm
Disgusting. I can´t believe there are so many stupid mma fans. If Don King promotions was doing shady stuff I´m 100% sure the boxing fans wouldn´t support it.
retrocausality

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:04 pm
of all the sports mma has some of the worst fans I've ever seen
KSW
KSW

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:16 pm
retrocausality wrote:of all the sports mma has some of the worst fans I've ever seen
I agree but I wonder why they are so stupid? MMA is a sport with many different promotions, still fans think UFC is the only place to be. Ultimate FC is just a company that promotes fights, nothing more, nothing less. When another promotion gets enough money they will sign the top guys and promote their fights.
retrocausality

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:27 pm
Because dana white attracts goons/retards. They are drawn to him and anyone with a single brain cell gets sick of Dana's shit and quits watching the UFC. So the retards are the only UFC fans left.
KSW
KSW

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:29 pm
retrocausality wrote:Because dana white atracts goons/retards. They are drawn to him and anyone with a single brain cell gets sick of Dana's shit and quits watching the UFC.
Yeah I can´t wait until another promotion smashes Dana and the mafia bros. I will never root for a rotten company.

All people should be fighting the good fight.
wekka
wekka

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:26 pm
MMA attracts the lowest common denominator unfortunately. Hence why people still boo at fights going to the ground, cheering madly at hundreds of haymakers missing, and the numerous chants of USA.

In America, it's not a sport, it's a gathering.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:58 pm
bow to dana and all is forgiven.

M1levelposters
Zoidborg
Zoidborg

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm
i cant help but notice that education may be a factor

the best boxers and MMA guys dont come from beverly hills they come from the bronx.

so most MMA fans are disadvantaged.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:11 pm
Perhaps more to do with he fact most american mma fans are inbreed hicks.^^

M1levelposters
retrocausality

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:17 pm
Zoidborg wrote:i cant help but notice that education may be a factor

the best boxers and MMA guys dont come from beverly hills they come from the bronx.

If that was true the UFC would be out of business. They sell the most ppv product of any company. More than pr0n more than the WWE.

You have to be well off to have digital cable/satellite and the ability to buy 1 or 2 59.99 ppv's a month. And UFC tickets are high too.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:23 pm
retrocausality wrote:
Zoidborg wrote:i cant help but notice that education may be a factor

If that was true the UFC would be out of business. They sell the most ppv product of any company. More than pr0n more than the WWE.

You have to be well off to have digital cable/satellite and the ability to buy 1 or 2 59.99 ppv's a month. And UFC tickets are high too.
you make good points, alot of "frat" boys are into cage fighting.

ROAD FC’s CEO Mun Hong Jung “UFC is like a cancer of Korean MMA” 34dq05s
This is the problem^ these people are brainwashed.

M1levelposters
retrocausality

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:30 pm
oh man that pic is classic. The typical shertard right there
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum