GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mma gloves solve everything

+7
PRIDE NEVER DIE
MR.WILLIE
Miike
Dapperdoo
KSW
wekka
fka
11 posters
Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

mma gloves solve everything Empty mma gloves solve everything

Thu May 23, 2013 10:33 pm
IMO boxing and kickboxing plus mma gloves equals a much better more watchable version of itself.

for both it would allow more fluint quicker combos and mma compact the punch to make for great kos and make transitions to mma that much easier.

what do u guys think?
wekka
wekka

mma gloves solve everything Empty Re: mma gloves solve everything

Fri May 24, 2013 12:41 am
Yeah, but then you'd see eyepokes in other combat sports.

Count me out.
KSW
KSW

Fri May 24, 2013 2:41 am
It would work if the gloves cover the fingers as well. I would have to see it before I make up my mind, maybe this is good but also there´s a bigger risk of injuring the hand with smaller gloves.
wekka
wekka

Fri May 24, 2013 3:49 am
I honestly don't think downsizing the gloves will make boxing and kickboxing more watchable than they already are.

It just comes down to it being your cup of tea or not, because in its current state, we're still getting fantastic fights in both sports consistently.
KSW
KSW

Fri May 24, 2013 3:59 am
wekka wrote:I honestly don't think downsizing the gloves will make boxing and kickboxing more watchable than they already are.

It just comes down to it being your cup of tea or not, because in its current state, we're still getting fantastic fights in both sports consistently.
Yeah I like the sports like they are and many boxers/kickboxers would break their hands with less padding.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Fri May 24, 2013 9:27 am
boxing gloves are A-OK
Miike
Miike

Fri May 24, 2013 3:23 pm
I feel the combinations in Kickboxing and Boxing are more fluient than in MMA and the Knockouts are just as if not more spectaculair. If you don't find Kickboxing or Boxing watchable as it is, I don't think changing the gloves will make any difference for you.

Check out my videos!
fka
fka

Sat May 25, 2013 2:14 am
of course the stand up on a whole is a higher level peroid due to only worrying about strikes and only training for such.almost all guys whi transferred from k1 to mma didnt have the same fluidity due to the diversity of attacks and takedowns.

personally i just think already high level strikers in addition to perhaps not exactly mma gloves but atkeast a less bulky glove would improve the sports that much more.

like mma i feel boxing especially needs to evolve including possible glove variations.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
MR.WILLIE

Sat May 25, 2013 8:56 am
PRIDE FC wrote:
wekka wrote:I honestly don't think downsizing the gloves will make boxing and kickboxing more watchable than they already are.

Yeah I like the sports like they are and many boxers/kickboxers would break their hands with less padding.

agree 1000000%
MR.WILLIE

Sat May 25, 2013 9:00 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:

agree 1000000%..........plus the eye pokes
MR.WILLIE

Sat May 25, 2013 9:00 am
[quote="MR.WILLIE"][quote="MR.WILLIE"]
PRIDE FC wrote:

agree 1000000%..........plus the eye pokes
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat May 25, 2013 9:02 am
I'd be ok with just slightly smaller boxing gloves. And for me Kickboxing>mma these days.

wekka wrote:Id probably drink her piss too
M1levelposters
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat May 25, 2013 5:21 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:I'd be ok with just slightly smaller boxing gloves. And for me Kickboxing>mma these days.

The gloves are plenty small.

8 oz for under welter, 10 oz for welter and above, is standard.

8 oz across the board wouldn't be horrendous, but then it isn't even necessary either.

Things are fine as the are.

10 oz are plenty small for the higher weights.

Sat May 25, 2013 6:41 pm
ive just seen alot of recent glory fights in which guys take shots that would crumple a guy with smaller gloves on.

also breaking your hand happens either when you dont use the right punching technique, or you hit the top of someones head.

ive been in plenty of bare fist fights and also fought 2 times in amateur mma never having broken my hands or knuckles.

smaller gloves compact the punch making u hit harder dispersing energy in one spot rather then rattling your brain like traditional boxing gloves.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka
fka

Sat May 25, 2013 6:46 pm
guys in mma break there hands because tgey punch incorrectly and dont aim hitting the side or top of the skull.this mostly is attributed to takedowns and anticipating a takedown attempt something that wouldnt occur in kickboxing or boxing.

also with elite level strikers only having to strike accuracy shouldnt be a problem.

BELLATOR #1
Miike
Miike

Sat May 25, 2013 7:11 pm
I dont think it makes much of a difference, I dont think someone could take a punch when hit with a boximg glove but then go down when hit with that same punch only with mma gloves..the only difference is accuracy. Also there is no way you can compare amateur fighting and streetfights with professional fighting.

Check out my videos!
fka
fka

Sat May 25, 2013 7:56 pm
its simple boxing glove =larger punching area=dispersed energy throughout head

mma glove= smaller punching area =energy distributed in a smaller area = more kos

with a mma styled glove u get harder compacted punches equating to more kos.

also wasnt comparing my skill to elite level strikers just responding to critics who say guys would break there hands cuz if a relatively average striker can fight without any hand protection and not break anything elite level guys should have no problems.

BELLATOR #1
fka
fka

Sat May 25, 2013 8:01 pm
im telling you mike it makes a difference i have FOUGHT in a ring have you? ive trained with and fought against the same man befire and ive full contact sparred with boxing gloves never getting rocked hurt but still fully consious and fought the same man and was damn near out cold after a sloppy left caught me.

unless you have experianced it you will never know.

BELLATOR #1
Miike
Miike

Sat May 25, 2013 8:46 pm
fka wrote:im telling you mike it makes a difference i have FOUGHT in a ring have you? ive trained with and fought against the same man befire and ive full contact sparred with boxing gloves never getting rocked hurt but still fully consious and fought the same man and was damn near out cold after a sloppy left caught me.

unless you have experianced it you will never know.

I understand what you mean with regards to the power being focussed into a smaller spot with mma gloves and yes I too have actually fought and train. I didn't mean that it makes no difference at all what I meant was that if a proffesional fighter hits someone on the chin it doesn't really matter what gloves he is wearing.

And I also did not say that you were comparing your skills to that of a proffesional fighter, I was talking about comparing the breaking of hands in amateur fights and profesional fights. In kickboxing and boxing guys throw a lot of combinations and a high volume of punches, I think if you decrease the size of the gloves the output would become lower in fear of connecting wrong and breaking their hands.

Check out my videos!
laughingseal

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:47 pm
This is dumb.

If anybody thinks 8 oz competition boxing gloves are "soft" or "pillows", they have obviously never stuffed their professionally wrapped hands inside one of them or felt their impact.

No real reason to even respond to ridiculous suggestions of this nature... why did I bother?
fka
fka

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:22 pm
Lmao that's dumb...

Obviously you have never been hit by a professional wearing mma gloves or you would certainly know the difference.

Comparing the 2 yes boxing gloves are pillows especially in comparison to bare knuckle but I'm sure you've never fought vale tudo rules either.

BELLATOR #1
fka
fka

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:27 pm
I've fought at an amateur level yes but I've trained with professionals and been sparring partners with guys training for pro fights and I can say with absolute certainty I would rather take a shots from boxing gloves mma gloves hands down hurt more.

Boxing is more spread out hence cheek bone and eyes swelling mma gloves you can feel a guys knuckles LOL no fun.

BELLATOR #1
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:32 pm
When people on internet forums resort to the argument of "I've fought 'professional fighters', not in the ring of course, but in the gym, so I know", they have usually lost.

Just saying.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:36 am
Actually the 2 amateur bouts I had I won and professionals usually start in a amateur league correct?sometimes sparring is rougher then fighting anyway that's how its supposed to be so the fights easy.

I never said I dominated in the gym and killed everyone LOL but I for sure know what I'm doing and on the flip side are very rarely dominated in the gym.

BELLATOR #1
fka
fka

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:44 am
And my comparison in my combat experience was merely to note the fact that my opinion is coming from the perspective of someone which has had experience taking and delivering punches in bare knuckle,mma, and boxing gloves.
In response to the comment that I'm dumb because I feel boxing gloves are pillows compared to mma or vale tudo gloves.

My point was I HAVE been hit by a pro level boxer and an mma fighter hands down I'd rather be hit by the boxing gloves.

BELLATOR #1
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum