GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

lew polley cut from wsof beacuse of being 32 pounds overweight for his fight Empty lew polley cut from wsof beacuse of being 32 pounds overweight for his fight

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:59 pm
World Series of Fighting matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz says the former Ultimate Fighter competitor is gone from the company after what he termed a weight cut that was "disrespectful" to his scheduled opponent, Hans Stringer.

"He told me he was cutting from 289 [at the beginning of camp]," Aziz said Saturday. "I don't know what his motive was to be 289 six weeks out. But he cost us a lot of money and his opponent was coming in from Holland and I think it's disrespectful to his opponent to go into it like that."

According to Abdel-Aziz, Polley was 20 pounds over on Thursday, then showed up to the weigh-ins Friday even heavier.

"His manager said let's do a catchweight 220," Abdel-Aziz said. "The other camp was willing to go to 215. But he weighed [Thursday] at 225. The weigh-in day he comes in at 234. He gained weight. I'm going to cut him. I'm the last guy who should cut somebody, but if you're going to be that disrespectful to your opponent, yeah, I'm going to cut you."

Abdel-Aziz indicated that Stringer received his show money for the fight and would be booked on WSOF's planned October card.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/11/4610640/wsof-notes-lew-polley-cut-gerald-harris-on-point-deductions-brett
wekka
wekka

lew polley cut from wsof beacuse of being 32 pounds overweight for his fight Empty Re: lew polley cut from wsof beacuse of being 32 pounds overweight for his fight

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:03 pm
Stringer will probably be fighting Rumble, then.
MR.WILLIE

lew polley cut from wsof beacuse of being 32 pounds overweight for his fight Empty Re: lew polley cut from wsof beacuse of being 32 pounds overweight for his fight

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:23 pm
wekka wrote:Stringer will probably be fighting Rumble, then.
no....they train together
MR.WILLIE

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:23 pm
lew polley cut from wsof beacuse of being 32 pounds overweight for his fight DSC00006-1024x681

You can’t place all the blame on Polley. He learned Beer Gut MMA from the master. Photo via MMAInterviews.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum