GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KSW
KSW

The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Empty The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20

Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:52 pm
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 23756

Translation from Mixfight.ru:

One of the most significant events in the world of MMA will be held in October this year in St. Petersburg - the capital of the Russian mixed martial arts.  The first official World Championship of amateur MMA, held under the "World Association of MMA (WMMA), brings together athletes from more than 40 countries.

The World Championship will take place in two stages.  The first will take place on October 19 and there will be qualifying matches. The Finals will be held on October 20 on M-1 Challenge 42 at the Ice Palace, where the finalists will perform in the same ring as Jeff Monson, Konstantin Gluhov and Satoshi Ishii.

Among the honored guests there will be the president of the Union of MMA Fedor Emelianenko.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Empty Re: The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:46 pm
So wamma is back?or is it wmma( sounds like female league)

I always loved concept of WAMMA but it will never work unless all the orgs are willing to share talent to really crown a champion of all mma.

This hopefully isn't another failed attempt that will be laughed at....

I really hope it isnt

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Empty Re: The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20

Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:57 pm
Dude, this is amateur MMA that Fedor is the president of for Russia. I showed you this already. There is now 40 countries the world amateur federation... WMMA.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:54 am
fka wrote:So wamma is back?or is it wmma( sounds like female league)

I always loved concept of WAMMA but it will never work unless all the orgs are willing to share talent to really crown a champion of all mma.

I really hope it isnt
This is more like the boxing Olympics.
KSW
KSW

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:55 am
The Finals will be held on October 20 on M-1 Challenge 42
Another great move by Vadim.
Heretic
Heretic

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:23 am
KSW wrote:

I really hope it isnt

LOL come on Johan do not compare amateur MMA fighters to Olympic Boxers, this tournament has little meaning
KSW
KSW

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:47 am
Heretic wrote:
KSW wrote:

I really hope it isnt
LOL come on Johan do not compare amateur MMA fighters to Olympic Boxers, this tournament has little meaning
This is an important milestone for mma. Have you seen anything like this before?
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:17 pm
LOL dag that's why I asked in beginning of my post

Lil heads up it was football so I was buzzed as hell.

This is coo fir mma.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
Dorch
Dorch

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:11 pm
This is right where my girlfriend lives... fuck , sounds like an awesome event, maybe next year i will go .

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:13 pm
I can maybe get a picture and an autograph with Fedor then headbang 

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:40 pm
Anybody know what countries are involved?
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:30 pm
PRIDE4EVER wrote:Anybody know what countries are involved?
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 7_9caa2793658f3cc387f216157300b1ce_m

http://wmmaa.org/en/

About
World MMA Association manages & develops mixed martial arts in the world, establishes rules & procedures governing amateur MMA competitions. WMMAA includes national MMA organizations, representing the sport and registered in accordance with national law.

Mission
Development and promotion of mixed martial arts around the world; Setting up relations between national organizations and ensuring their peaceful coexistence, mutual respect and protection of their interests;
Development and integration of international rules of MMA; Selection, training, qualification and supervision of judges and referees, as well as technical and administrative staff;

Representation and advocacy of mixed martial arts in the National Olympic Committee, the International Olympic Committee and other international sports organizations; Fair decision making related to mixed martial arts disputes and disagreements between national organizations. Elimination of political, racial and religious discrimination in any related sphere; Assisting national mixed martial arts organizations in the process of their recognition by the National Olympic Committees, and (or) high sports authorities, securing the official recognition of WMMAA by International Olympic Committee (IOC); Respect and promotion of fundamental Olympic principles enshrined in the Olympic Charter, the Olympic Code of Ethics and the Anti-Doping Codex.

Executive board
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Fedor_emelyanenkoFedor Emelianenko
Honorary President
Russia
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Vadim_finkelshtainVadim Finkelchtein
Сhairman
Monaco
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Dmitry_khristyukDmнtro Khrystyuk
Ukraine
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Victoriya_finkelshtainVictoria Finkelchtein
Monaco
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Kyanan_mamedovКenan Мамedov
Аzerbaijan
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Kim-jang-junКim Jung Jun
Southern Korea
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Luben_djubrilovLuben Djubrilov
Bulgaria
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Kadyr_mammadovKadir Mammadov
Тurkey

The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Russia
Russia
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Ukraine
Ukraine
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Tadjikistan
Таjikistan
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Bolgaria
Bulgaria
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Avstriya
Аustria
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Makedonia
Macedonia
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Korea
S.Korea
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Moldova
Moldova
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Iran
Iran
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 India
India
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Latvia
Latvia
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Ispaniya
Spain
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Italy
Italy
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Horv
Croatia
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Rumyn
Romania
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Mongol
Mongolia
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Serbia
Serbia
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Senegal
Senegal
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Trinidad
Trinidad
and Tobago
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Portugal
Portugal
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Litva
Lithuania
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Monaco
Monaco
The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Armenia
Armenia

Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:41 am
Hello guys,

Johan and I started discussing this topic over at MMALinker but the discussion didn't really lead anywhere so I thought I'd try again here. Like I said to Johan, WMMA isn't the only organization planning on hosting Amateur MMA World Championships but there's also the IMMAF (International Mixed Martial Arts Federation) who is planning on hosting their first event in Vegas in 2014. Their competitions will however take place in a cage and go under the unified rules of MMA. Their list of assosciated countries may not be as long as that of the WMMA but you could easily argue that they have a higher quality of members (Brazil, Canada, USA, UK among others).

So my question to you is, which organization do you consider to be more legit and likely to survive, and why?
Dagwood
Dagwood

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:22 am
Baby Norris wrote:Hello guys,

Johan and I started discussing this topic over at MMALinker but the discussion didn't really lead anywhere so I thought I'd try again here. Like I said to Johan, WMMA isn't the only organization planning on hosting Amateur MMA World Championships but there's also the IMMAF (International Mixed Martial Arts Federation) who is planning on hosting their first event in Vegas in 2014. Their competitions will however take place in a cage and go under the unified rules of MMA. Their list of assosciated countries may not be as long as that of the WMMA but you could easily argue that they have a higher quality of members (Brazil, Canada, USA, UK among others).

So my question to you is, which organization do you consider to be more legit and likely to survive, and why?
Hey Baby Norris. Welcome to G-MMA! Glad to have you here. The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 2750705302 

I've been covering this subject for quite some time. The WMMA is on a whole different level than anything Zuffa & marc Ratner are doing. They haven't even got off the launching pad yet. The international amateur sport federations & organizations that Fedor (Russian Union of MMA) and all the other countries in WMMA is unprecedented.

This is 'not' any kind of attempt at an amateur feeder-league for professional organizations. It is 100% 'pure' amateur sport tournament competition with many people and organizations from recognized major international amateur sports federations and the Olympic movement. In an interview last year one of the directors of FILA said this is the only road to major international sports legitimacy and a potential future in the Olympics.

Along with every thing on Fedor's resume and his current role as President of the Russian Union of MMA and his position in the Russian Ministry of Sport... this year he's been appointed an Ambassador for SportAccord for Sambo. He himself is part of SportAccord

Dagwood wrote:
FILA sanctioned Olympic-style amateur MMA is already here... A 1st look!
Post by Dagwood on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:47 am

It looks the the fight to control Amateur MMA may have been over for a while. FILA  (governing body of Olympic wrestling) has already begun to regulate Amateur MMA with its own set of rules and regulations.

FILA started having sanctioned amateur MMA competitions in the EU over a year ago. They have already set up set up subsidiary to govern international amateur MMA much like it does with its international amateur wrestling federation with its national federations/associations holding national and world championships and their running of Olympic Wrestling.

Fedor was announced president of the new Congress of the Union of MMA Russia with 20 FILA dignitaries in attendance in Moscow in May. Fedor's new federation is aligned with FILA and the International Association of (amateur) MMA Russia. They will be holding FILA's World Cup of Amateur MMA on Nov. 01/12 in St. Petersburg.

🤣Dana, Lorenzo, Frank & Mark Ratner. I guess Fedor should've took your deal. He's still very upset. Smile 

So with no further ado here is the look of international amateur MMA and professional MMA development worldwide. NO MORE TUF FIGHTERS EVER HOPEFULLY!!!  Our prayers are on by one being answered!!!

- No cage  The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 2750705302

- No Unified Rules of MMA The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 2750705302

- No ring = no outside impediments to affect the outcome of a fight  The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 2750705302 (most fair playing field iMO)

Providing education to the sport (MMA)

dhnet.be - July 07, 2012

The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Fila_l10

MMA (amateur) is now regulated by FILA governing body of Olympic wrestling

The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Art_195620 The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Filla_10

BRUSSELS For four days, the Palais du Midi hosted the senior European championships Grappling, Pankration and MMA. Three disciplines of martial arts high level even if the MMA is certainly the best known, but the most spectacular. Often associated with the American Federation of UFC, MMA has an image of ultra-violent sports where blows and blood have harmed a discipline combining the techniques of wrestling, judo, jujitsu, karate, boxing and kickboxing.

At these championships, we're far from that image. Here, no blood, no cage, but a lot of respect. It must be said that the appointment was held under the aegis of FILA, the international federation of Associated Wrestling. This federation has taken the MMA under his wing, to avoid drift. "MMA is one of the only sports to be left with the top professionals, cage fighting, money and all the bling-bling", says Carlo La Torre and Anne Pellaud, respectively Shockx owner of the hall in Brussels and a member of FILA. "We never concern basis. So this is the FILA intervenes. It is there to provide education for the sport. "

Amateur structure implementation in 2008 which now enables the MMA to grow in a more legal, with a different resolution for the UFC and MMA professional. "Arbitration has been redesigned with a points system, but the biggest difference is the appearance of protection. The goal is to preserve the athletes. And if you want one day be in the Olympics, these protections are required, "suggests Anne Pellaud. Without, however, distort the MMA. "Of course it's still a violent sport. It does not make it sterile. "

These European Championships held in our capital were perfectly reflected image. A lot of respect between opponents, but also in controlling the blows, technology and entertainment. Some Brussels, as Claude Herman, have enjoyed the competition. "I bowed in the finals of Pankration, and then I got injured in Grappling. Too bad I was not able to participate in other disciplines, but it was very interesting to rub the European upper crust. This first competition in Belgium will advance the sport in our country. "
http://www.dhnet.be/regions/brabant-wallon/article/400604/offrir-une-education-a-ce-sport.html

FILA' s- INTERNATIONAL REGULATIONS GOVERNING AMATEUR MIXED MARTIAL ARTS COMPETITIONS

Rules (non-Unified or modified boxing)

http://www.fila-official.com/images/FILA/reglements/grappling/International_Regulations_Amateur_MMA.pdf
http://www.fila-official.com/images/FILA/reglements/grappling/Basic_Rules_Amateur_MMA.pdf

LEGAL STRIKES & TARGETS

Standing position
Punch to the body and head
Elbow to the body (but they do not score)
Knee to the body and head
Kick to the thighs, body and head

Ground position
Punches to the body and head (NO full punches to the head) (like Kudo you pull up with full length punches on the ground and make lighter contact... points still score like they do standing)
Knee to the body
Kick to the body

ILLEGAL STRIKES & TARGETS (Different than Unified Rules)

Full strikes to the head when opponent is down
Knees & Kicks to the head of an opponent on the ground
Strikes to the knees and below
Hammer fists
Intentional breaking of bones or joints (i.e. not giving the opponents enough time to tap in
submission situations)
Slams in defense of submission attempts and if opponent's body is above waist level

Note: Strikes to the shin are only permitted in an attempt to execute a throw or a sweep.

Weigh-In and Drawing of Lots
Weigh-in shall be conducted the day of the competition in a restricted area near the competition site. It shall last 1 hour and be concluded 1 hour prior to the scheduled start of the first bout of the designated weigh categories.

FILA European Amateur MMA Championship - Brussels 06/12

33 Match Videos - European Championship - Brussels (BEL) 27-30 June 2012

http://www.dartfish.tv/Presenter.aspx?CR=p85865#!AQEBAAECAAEBAQAAAQEBAgIBAAIABVNwb3J0C0EtTU1BIC8gTWVuAAEA

Results - http://www.fila-official.com/images/FILA/resultats/2012/results_06_brussels_mma.pdf

FILA Amateur MMA World Rankings - http://www.fila-official.com/images/FILA/resultats/2012/results_06_brussels_mma.pdf

http://www.fila-official.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=594&Itemid=100286&lang=en

FILA - Amateur MMA

Amateur Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is a full contact combat sport that incorporates striking (both standing and on the ground) and wrestling/grappling techniques. As governed by FILA, it is practiced within a safe and regulated environment which relies on a fair and objective scoring system and competition procedures similar to those in force in Olympic wrestling.

Despite its tremendous popularity, MMA is facing various legitimacy issues due to the lack of sanctioning by the national sports authorities and the lack of universal rules that would protect the athletes' physical and psychological integrity. FILA considers that the implementation of an amateur variant that could guarantee a safe training environment and a competition systems complying with the Olympic standards has become an urgent necessity for all athletes wishing to engage in a professional career. Through the mandatory use of protection gear and limited impact rules (especially regarding ground and pound), FILA intends to offer a safe and educational sport that can satisfy athletes with both recreational or professional goals.

With its combination of stand up and ground techniques, amateur MMA represents a great form of self-defense, which is particularly recommended for the training of police, security, and military forces. Amateur MMA is practiced with board shorts and an optional rashguard along with approved protection gear that includes head gear, shin protectors, and gloves that allow grabbing and holding the opponent for a comfortable application of grappling techniques.

Amateur MMA counts 7 weight categories for men and 5 weight categories for women. No absolute category is considered in order to avoid potentially harmful situations.  

Men: 60-65-70-75-80-90-110kg

Women: 50-55-60-65-75kg  

http://www.fila-official.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=477&Itemid=100218&lang=en

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:04 am
Baby Norris wrote:Hello guys,

My personal opinion is that the cage and unified rules isn´t good enough to be used for a World cup or Olympics. What do you think?

Why do you think Brazil, Canada, USA and UK are higher quality? There are just as many or more top athletes among the 40 countries who competes in the World MMA Association.  There are only 24 countries in the IMMAF and they don´t even have Russia, Spain, Greece and many other.
Baby Norris

Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:50 pm
First off, I'd like to correct my previous post where I said IMMAF World Championship fights would take place in a cage and go under the unified rules. This is something Johan said on Linker and that I, for some reason, simply assumed he had read on some page I'd missed. My bad!

After diving a little deeper into the organization I can tell you that qualification fights will be allowed to take place in a cage as well as in a boxing ring, even if organizers will have to use certain safety precautions in order to be allowed to use the latter. The official World Championship fights will, however, still have to take place in a cage.

As for the event supposedly going under the unified rules; that is completely wrong as the IMMAF uses its own ruleset called the IMMAD Amateur MMA Rules which are based on a number of different existing rulesets and lack most of the rules normally assosciated with the unified rules of MMA. Elbows are for example not allowed and neither are knees to the head of an opponent, whether standing or grounded.

Now that that's taken care of, we can go back to discussing your posts. I have to say I'm quite impressed with what I saw in the videos you posted, Dagwood, in the sense that there really is an Olympic feel to the whole thing, which probably has to do with the use of wrestling mats. While I consider neither the UFC nor any other organization to offer a product that could legitimately be presented to an Olympic Comitee, I do believe this product to maybe be able to pull it off somewhere down the road. I'll keep an eye on it but really hope they don't turn it into an anti-UFC, anti-America thing since legit World Championships would need participants from all countries in which MMA is a major sport; the US included.

KSW wrote:Why do you think Brazil, Canada, USA and UK are higher quality? There are just as many or more top athletes among the 40 countries who competes in the World MMA Association.  There are only 24 countries in the IMMAF and they don´t even have Russia, Spain, Greece and many other.
When it comes to who produces the best MMA talent, I consider Brazil, Canada, USA and the UK to be higher quality countries, just like I consider most countries that once belonged to the Sovietic Union to be of higher quality than for example Monaco. I completely understand why you decided to bring up Russia as an argument for the WMMAF roster being better since that is definitely a country that belongs at the very top, right next to Brazil and the US. Do you care to explain why you decided to use Spain and Greece as examples though?

I believe the IMMAF to have the better roster and the reason for this is highly subjective and based on the sole fact that I consider their countries to produce a larger quantity of top fighters than the ones currently on the WMMAF roster. You need also keep in mind that the IMMAF has assembled its roster in only 1½ years (the organization was founded in february 2012) while the WMMA has been around since 2003.

Here's a comparison of the two rosters after having removed the countries that are members of both organizations:

IMMAF
Brazil
United States of America
Canada
United Kingdom

Austria
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Germany
Ireland
Nepal
New Zealand
Norway
Sweden

WMMAF
Russia
Azerbaijan
Kazakhstan
Uzbekistan
South Korea
Armenia
Belarus

Georgia
Bulgaria
Slovakia
Austria
Macedonia
Turkey
Moldova
Iran
India
Czech Rep.
Latvia
Spain
Greece
Croatia
Mongolia
Serbia
Senegal
Trinidad and Tobago
Monaco

I really wouldn't call it a landslide victory for either of the two organizations.
KSW
KSW

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:56 am
Greece and Spain have many great athletes and if they put some effort into mma they should be able to compete with Canada and UK. Then we have Bulgaria and Turkey who produced many good wrestlers over the years plus representation from Africa and Asia. Overall I feel the World MMA Association is much more legit and I´m sure they´re working on getting the missing countries on board.
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:35 am
Both entities are a step in the right direction.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:40 am
SandmanFC wrote:Both entities are a step in the right direction.
No doubt. Hopefully Zuffa has as little influence on IMMAF as possible.
Dorch
Dorch

Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:01 am
From my girlfriends mobile phone The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Pym3

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:54 pm
Dorch wrote:From my girlfriends mobile phone The first MMA world championship will be held in St. Petersburg on October 19-20 Pym3
Awesome. You have a good girl.
Dorch
Dorch

Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:54 pm
Just wish i could go , the only one i ever cared to meet was Feddya my whole life .

Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:10 pm
Confirmed countries for the World Championship

USA
Russia
China
Netherlands
Germany
Greece
Spain
Italy
Bulgaria
Turkey
Armenia
Belarus
Czech Republic
Georgia
Romania
Slovakia
Ukraine
Uzbekistan
Moldova
Azerbaijan
Latvia
Kazakhstan
Tajikistan
Monaco
Morocco
Turkmenistan
Kyrgyzstan
Baby Norris

Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:12 am
Nice lineup! USA, China and Germany are all great additions.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum