GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Miike
Miike

Peter Aerts retires at Glory 13 ? Empty Peter Aerts retires at Glory 13 ?

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:16 am
When it comes to Peter Aerts I fear that I'll always be biased, as he was the guy who really got me into Kickboxing. It was one of those memories that I'll never shake free of and never plan on forgetting, the 1994 K-1 World Grand Prix. So this talk of retirement is a bit harrowing, even if he is 43 years old and it might be time to hang 'em up for his own safety.

Put Peter Aerts in a fight and I'll always believe that he has a fighting chance of walking away victorious in that fight. Why? Because he is Peter Aerts. That's why.

The news from Japan today was that Peter Aerts was going to be retiring at GLORY 13, but you know, it is a translation and can be rough. We received confirmation from a GLORY official today that this will be Peter's retirement in Japan, much like his It's Showtime bout against Tyrone Spong was his BeNeLux retirement. This means that this isn't the final curtain call for the Dutch Lumberjack, but still be prepared for that.

Some of our sources are sticking to their guns that this will be Peter's full retirement, but for now, who knows? GLORY's Japanese PR people are also selling this event as a "Farewell to an Era" with Peter Aerts, Remy Bonjasky and Semmy Schilt. Their retirements could be a very real part of this show.

http://liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2720:peter-aerts-only-retiring-in-japan-for-now&catid=34:demo-content

Peter Aerts retires at Glory 13 ? 8838

It will be a sad day for Kickboxing when Peter retires, but he can't keep fighting forever. How awesome would it be if he beat Verhoeven though.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum