GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Marcos Rene Maidana 2 - 09.13.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Marcos Rene Maidana 2 - 09.13.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:18 am
Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Marcos Rene Maidana 2 - 09.13.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  BsRbBnGIMAEVRLM
Mayweather Jr Vs Maidana 2 
September 13, 2014
MGM Grand Garden
Las Vegas , Usa
Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Marcos Rene Maidana 2 - 09.13.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Us
TV: Showtime PPV Time: 9pm ET

WBC welterweight- WBA Super World welterweight title
Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Marcos Rene Maidana 2 - 09.13.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Th?id=ACzET8hLJKbn4Dg300C300&w=110&h=110&c=7&rs=1&qlt=80&pcl=f9f9f9&pid=16Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Marcos Rene Maidana 2 - 09.13.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgFloyd Mayweather Jr(46W-0L-0D-26KOs)  vs  (35W-3L-0D-31KOs)Marcos Rene MaidanaFloyd Mayweather Jr Vs Marcos Rene Maidana 2 - 09.13.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svgFloyd Mayweather Jr Vs Marcos Rene Maidana 2 - 09.13.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  9k=
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Marcos Rene Maidana 2 - 09.13.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Marcos Rene Maidana 2 - 09.13.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:28 am
Maidana will finish the job.

Floyd is well past his prime.

He can't move like he use to.
rezin
rezin

Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Marcos Rene Maidana 2 - 09.13.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Marcos Rene Maidana 2 - 09.13.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:20 am
I actually think Floyd will win more convincingly. Anyway Maidana is a dirty fighter.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:48 am
rezin wrote:I actually think Floyd will win more convincingly. Anyway Maidana is a dirty fighter.

That's one of the opinions going around.

I beg to differ.

This isn't Castillo 2.

Floyd's legs are not there anymore.

His signs of fading have been evident over his last several fights. Actually, they've been evident for longer.

He has changed as a fighter from his younger days. He is without argument past his athletic prime, but fighters do change and adapt when they get older to make up for this, and Floyd has done so to a point.

Floyd's countering style though is very dependent on athleticism and reflexes.

I think that Maidana will likely get him out.

One thing though, is I completely disagree with the line that Floyd will have an easier time the next time. I don't buy into this line that Floyd just needs to figure someone out, and that now he's figured out Maidana, and so it's going to be a walk in the park.

I expect a better Maidana next time. And I don't see any reason to think Floyd will be better, as opposed to worse, this time out.

And I don't consider Maidana a dirty fighter. He's an aggressive fighter who comes with thunder, and is there to fight as an unorthodox brawler. I reserve the title of dirty fighter for guys like Hopkins and Holyfield, who incorporate fouling as a matter of strategy. (I still like both of them, but it is what it is.)
rezin
rezin

Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:05 am
I think he's a smart dirty fighter, as in he's good a making it look like hes just careless.

Or maybe he is just careless.

As far as Floyd, he's quite down hill but I think it's likely he'll give all he's got this time, not to mention
he's actually a very thought fighter, not just slick.

I think Floyd by a somewhat close decision.

You win by a few rounds, you still win. Fighters even when aggressive vs Floyd just don't look like all that
good and the judges will be very biased.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:52 am
rezin wrote:I think he's a smart dirty fighter, as in he's good a making it look like hes just careless.

Or maybe he is just careless.

As far as Floyd, he's quite down hill but I think it's likely he'll give all he's got this time, not to mention
he's actually a very thought fighter, not just slick.

I think Floyd by a somewhat close decision.

You win by a few rounds, you still win. Fighters even when aggressive vs Floyd just don't look like all that
good and the judges will be very biased.

I still think Floyd is an obvious favorite from an odds making standpoint.

But this is partly inflated by public perception.

I've seen it time and time again, as a fighter gets old, he is the object of a 'massive upset'.

Maidana will still have to fight his ass off.

The big factor here, in my opinion, which makes me tentatively pick Maidana, is his power.

Maidana's power is no joke, at all. He is a knockout artist. In fact, in 35 wins, he has 31 knockouts, which is a pretty insane ratio.

That's one side of it.

The other side is what I saw in Floyd in the first fight.

It isn't just a matter of adjustments and fighting smart.

Floyd did not have the legs he use to.

The reason he was getting tagged is because he couldn't move out of the way. This was a physical ailment on his part. Maidana would corner him, and he did not have the wherewithal to slip and move and dance away. He was a sitting duck.

Maidana actually gassed in the fight.

Of course in a rematch, both fighters will learn from the experience, and both will review the tape (with their trainers), both will work on aspects that need improving, both will prepare for what is a different fight the second time around, and the second fight will be a new affair.

Based on the first fight, I actually think Maidana has more room to improve than Floyd. Floyd's legs are going to let him down.

That's just a prediction. It's a close fight for the picker, to be sure.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:58 am
Also, Maidana needs a knockout or blowout to win, no doubt. A blowout is not that likely. If Maidana scored say 3 or 4 knockdowns en route to a decision, I could see him getting the nod. But his most likely path to victory is a knockout, to be sure.

Unless he just assaults Floyd in every round, and Floyd can never get anything going.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:12 am
Always rooting against Mayweather. I never liked him for some reason.
eXtv
eXtv

Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:45 am
Maidana is dirty as shit, anyone that doesn't see that is just naive. Elbows, low blows, shoulder strikes, he does it all.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:29 pm
eXtv wrote:Maidana is dirty as shit, anyone that doesn't see that is just naive. Elbows, low blows, shoulder strikes, he does it all.

As I said, he brings the thunder.

What does it matter if he's dirty?

I really don't care.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:39 pm
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:51 pm
Mayweather Training for Maidana 2 :

I think he want to be ready this time.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:44 pm
All Access: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - Full Episode 1: 

All Access: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - Full Episode 2:

All Access: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - Full Episode 3:
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:48 am
Floyd almost put out in the 3rd. Looked old and slow. Maidana didnt train at all for this fight. Dont know wtf is up with these boxers.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum