GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao Results & Discussion

+8
fka
wekka
backdoor to zuffa
eXtv
SRC
Hamilcar
JimGunn
God of Thunder
12 posters
Go down
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao Results & Discussion Empty UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao Results & Discussion

Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:57 pm
UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao Results & Discussion UFC-Fight-Night-620x330

July 19, 2014  | The O2   | Dublin, Ireland

Results:

Conor McGregor defeats Diego Brandao via KO/TKO, Punches
Main Event | Featherweight | 145 lbs (65.8 kg)

Gunnar Nelson defeats Zak Cummings via Submission, Rear Naked Choke
Co-Main Event | Welterweight | 170 lbs (77.1 kg)

Ian McCall defeats Brad Pickett via Decision, Unanimous
Main Card | Flyweight | 125 lbs (56.7 kg)

Norman Parke defeats Naoyuki Kotani via KO/TKO, Punches and Elbows
Main Card | Lightweight | 155 lbs (70.3 kg)

Ilir Latifi defeats Chris Dempsey via KO/TKO, Punches
Preliminary Card | Light Heavyweight | 205 lbs (93.0 kg)

Neil Seery defeats Phil Harris via Decision, Unanimous
Preliminary Card | Flyweight | 125 lbs (56.7 kg)

Cathal Pendred defeats Mike King via Submission, Rear Naked Choke
Preliminary Card | Middleweight | 185 lbs (83.9 kg)

Trevor Smith defeats Tor Troeng via Decision, Unanimous

Nikita Krylov defeats Cody Donovan via KO/TKO, Punches

Paddy Holohan defeats Josh Sampo via Submission, Rear Naked Choke

Last edited by Golden Age on Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao Results & Discussion Empty Re: UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao Results & Discussion

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:06 pm
JimGunn
JimGunn

UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao Results & Discussion Empty Re: UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao Results & Discussion

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:12 pm
The weigh-in video was insane. Place was packed to the rafters. Some Irish journalist gave Dana White the idea to use a volume meter tomorrow at the event to see how loud the O2 arena is.  I'm visiting my parents this weekend and Fight Pass looks pretty awesome streaming video on his 60" HDTV through Roku. We'll see if the Conor McGregor hype is real tomorrow.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:17 pm
JimGunn wrote:The weigh-in video was insane. Place was packed to the rafters. Some Irish journalist gave Dana White the idea to use a volume meter tomorrow at the event to see how loud the O2 arena is.  I'm visiting my parents this weekend and Fight Pass looks pretty awesome streaming video on his 60" HDTV through Roku. We'll see if the Conor McGregor hype is real tomorrow.
He´s keeping the Irish interest for mma alive, that´s for sure. Kinda like Gustafson for Sweden.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:19 pm
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:05 pm
I have no idea who she is.
Why is a prelim fighter hyped so much? I have never seen any of McGregor's 4 fights.
JimGunn
JimGunn

Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:42 pm
Hamilcar wrote:I have no idea who she is.
Why is a prelim fighter hyped so much?  I have never seen any of McGregor's 4 fights.

I have no idea who she he is.
Why is a prelim main event fighter hyped so much?  I have never seen any of McGregor's four 16 fights.
SRC
SRC

Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:13 am
Conor McGregor is a God walking amongst cans. He's going to kill Brandao, then Poirer, and then he'll murder Aldo. Ain't nobody in the world gonna stop him. P4P GOAT
eXtv
eXtv

Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:02 am
SRC wrote:Conor McGregor is a God walking amongst cans. He's going to kill Brandao, then Poirer, and then he'll murder Aldo. Ain't nobody in the world gonna stop him. P4P GOAT

UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao Results & Discussion VWuLvw1
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:01 pm
SRC wrote:Conor McGregor is a God walking amongst cans. He's going to kill Brandao, then Poirer, and then he'll murder Aldo. Ain't nobody in the world gonna stop him. P4P GOAT

UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao Results & Discussion Fedor_thumbsdown1
SRC
SRC

Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:47 pm
Fedor is retired, McGregor is gonna be the best. No reason to disbelieve. Fedor will always be #1 in my heart, but McGregor is gonna be a multi-divisional champion. The only man who can pose a challenge to McGregor at 145 is Joe Warren.
JimGunn
JimGunn

Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:31 pm
Have to admit, McGregor was impressive tonight. He won me some money and I even picked the Fight of the Night with King vs Pendred. That Dublin crowd was crazy too. Hugely successful event for the UFC.
eXtv
eXtv

Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:47 pm
SRC wrote:Fedor is retired, McGregor is gonna be the best. No reason to disbelieve. Fedor will always be #1 in my heart, but McGregor is gonna be a multi-divisional champion. The only man who can pose a challenge to McGregor at 145 is Joe Warren.

I posted it because Fedor was laughing (at your post), not because it was Fedor.
wekka
wekka

Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:19 pm
I'm still not that impressed by McGregor. He's a long way from a title and the UFC shouldn't rush things with him.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:21 pm
I agree he's a fun prospect and could become quite a fan draw but he's not quite a title contender yet.
MuayTyson

Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:22 pm
lol @ this retarded 'mcgregor is goat' metatrolling that is all over shertard.

Fuck McGregor and fuck anyone perpetuating this shit.
JimGunn
JimGunn

Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:28 pm
wekka wrote:I'm still not that impressed by McGregor. He's a long way from a title and the UFC shouldn't rush things with him.

A long way, nah. Dana said at the pre-fight press conference that if Conor got past Diego then he probably gets someone in the top 10 next, and if he gets past that fighter he might get a top 5 fight and then maybe a title shot. So he could have as little as two more fights to get a title shot. That would be five straight wins in the UFC and thirteen straight overall. Even if you add one more big fight like a title eliminator he's not that far off.
fka
fka

Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:40 pm
As soon as he hit top ten he will hit a brickwall IMO

He wont go undefeated into a title shot. I believe he can get there but he will have to lose to humble himself and then he will or could be a great fighter but beating brandao isn't that big of a milestone.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:00 pm
conor looked good but brandao looked like a tomato can with 3 minutes cardio and couple of haymakers.

he has no business being in a 5 rd fight
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:41 pm
JimGunn wrote:Dana said

Well.....if Dana said it.  UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao Results & Discussion 3077217049 

He seems like the type of person to take for his word. Oh wait.......

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t8970-the-shady-zuffa-ufc-purchase-smoking-gun-proof

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t8544-proof-fertitta-family-is-100-yr-old-mafia-family-not-just-ties

Or better yet go talk to June White(his mother) on twitter. I've been in contact with her a whole lot, nice lady. She'll shed some light on whether he is somebody to be believed or not.
SRC
SRC

Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:45 pm
Brandao looked like a tomato can just like every other brazilian. With more strict testing Brazilians are dropping like flies.

fka wrote:As soon as he hit top ten he will hit a brickwall IMO

He wont go undefeated into a title shot. I believe he can get there but he will have to lose to humble himself and then he will or could be a great fighter but beating brandao isn't that big of a milestone.

Have you seen his interviews? He's extremely humble. He believes in himself wholeheartedly and if you don't then you're never going to be a champion. He respects other fighters, he just doesn't believe he'll lose to them. Watch his interview with Ariel, he even admits he never thought of things the way Ariel puts them from his childhood into who he is today.
fka
fka

Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:02 am
I've read many interviews and he has said many less than humble things LOL

He's a personality but I really don't believe he's championship material at this point.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:09 am
Results:

Conor McGregor   defeats   Diego Brandao   via KO/TKO, Punches  
Main Event | Featherweight | 145 lbs (65.8 kg)

Gunnar Nelson   defeats   Zak Cummings   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke  
Co-Main Event | Welterweight | 170 lbs (77.1 kg)

Ian McCall   defeats   Brad Pickett   via Decision, Unanimous  
Main Card | Flyweight | 125 lbs (56.7 kg)

Norman Parke   defeats   Naoyuki Kotani   via KO/TKO, Punches and Elbows  
Main Card | Lightweight | 155 lbs (70.3 kg)

Ilir Latifi   defeats   Chris Dempsey   via KO/TKO, Punches  

Neil Seery   defeats   Phil Harris   via Decision, Unanimous  

Cathal Pendred   defeats   Mike King   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke  

Trevor Smith   defeats   Tor Troeng   via Decision, Unanimous  

Nikita Krylov   defeats   Cody Donovan   via KO/TKO, Punches  

Paddy Holohan   defeats   Josh Sampo   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke  
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:11 am
Mcgregor is definitely looking impressive. Big finish for him. Aldo fight will be interesting in the future.
fka
fka

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:59 pm
Mcgregor vs Dustin poirier at ufc 178....just made official both fighters agreed verbally.

Glad Cole Miller fight was nixed in favor of this.

IMO diamond will outshine and humble mcgregor.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum