GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Riggs was released by Bellator to sign with the UFC

+8
PRIDE4EVER
God of Thunder
wekka
Hamilcar
Dagwood
fka
Rizin=PRIDEFC
stu3ufc
12 posters
Go down
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Joe Riggs was released by Bellator to sign with the UFC Empty Joe Riggs was released by Bellator to sign with the UFC

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:16 pm

MiddleEasy ‏@MiddleEasy 56m
Couldn't find confirmation anywhere else, so we reached out to Bellator. Riggs was indeed released so he could go to the UFC. Interesting.

-----

Could MMA be anymore monopolised now scott "dana white likes him" cokerin charge of bellator

fucking joke
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Joe Riggs was released by Bellator to sign with the UFC Empty Re: Joe Riggs was released by Bellator to sign with the UFC

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:31 pm
or he was recently released i have no idea

makes no sense for bellator to let him go unsigned since he's a star for them

but ufc comes along and snaps him up to face paulo thiago?? huh
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Joe Riggs was released by Bellator to sign with the UFC Empty Re: Joe Riggs was released by Bellator to sign with the UFC

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:47 pm
I am afraid that Bellator is also secretly bought by ZUFFA! I think that Coker has permission to make Bellator great but still will play on UFCs advantage.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:52 pm
It does make sense bjorn signed Riggs mostly for a face for their reality TV show.

Riggs isn't a star for the company..

Riggs is plagued by injury and is pretty boring as of late.

I think bellator just gave him his last chance already and he's been injured 2xs.

You guys are really grasping at straws here IMO
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:54 pm
You guys are all full of shit. Bellator & SPIKE are owned by VIACOM which is a publically traded company that has to comply with securities commision laws in reagard to it's share hoilders as well as being under even more scutiny under antitrust/anti-competition laws.

This is serious shit. The are not a little invicta owned by a girl from somewhere being subverted. Nor, are they best conflict of interest personal friends with Lorenzo & his former NSAC boss who put his own Rolling Eyes  money up to compete and take market share away form his personal friend, former NSAC underling, and allied politcail money man.

VIACOM (VIAB) is a $40B Fortune 500 company with $14B in annual revenues ($6B hard cash in the bank) that trades publicly on the New York Stock Exchange. In no f***'ng way can they do business like the Zuffa mafia boys, PERIOD! The are highly regulated by the US government and are subject to regular reporting to them and regular auditing as well. They also have to adhere to a whole set of very strict and numerous business laws that Zuffa as a company does not have to.

As a public company you cannot make secret side deals with the competition. That would not be in the best interest of consumers in regard to market competition. market pricing, controlling supply of goods & service & much more. That is just Antitrust law.

As a public company the management or it's directors cannot do busienss deals that are secret from it's shareholder's for transparency so as to ensure that things are not being done that amay NOT be inthe besst interest of the share holders. The management and directors of the public company have a "Fiduciary Duty" by law to the shareholder to which they are personally liable to them. No legal shirking of responsibility here.

The thing s you guys are talking about are highly illegal. Simple as that.

The only was that any of the stuff you guys are talking about could NOT be illegal is...

1. VIACOM purchased the UFC (would have had to be publicly announced).

2. VIACOM sold Belllator with no public competitive bidding process (all would have had to be publicly announced and the later part is illegal visa-vie shareholder interest).

3. Scott Coker & the Fertittas have, thru an illegal conspiracy, has already been somewhat successful in illegally taking down a VIACOM-owned company (Bellator) which is a federal prison-type offense.

4. Scott Coker has agreed to be the fall guy in the above situations legally/federal crime-wise because the Fertittas have hundreds of millions & hundreds of lawyers to distance themselves form any responsibility, or abscond the justice system.
fka
fka

Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:30 pm
Nice post
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:50 pm
i never said viacom had bought zuffa or any of that shit

i just wanted clarification on what happened.

and yeah i am suspicious how dana white absolutely licks scott cokers balls because "he's a nice guy" yet when bjorn was in charge he fucking hated him.

stfu FKA
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:51 pm
also UFC signs joe fucking riggs

what a fucking joke MMA has become
fka
fka

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:26 pm
Stu u and I forgot mynutsack sound more alike everyday Smile

With comments about monopoly and f bellator its a joke wtf do u believe?

Dana simply is cordial to coker BECAUSE HE WORKED FOR HIM FIR YEARS

Calling out coker would b calling out ufc itself pretty obvious.

If bellator was cutting Lima or curran or ANY real fighter people care about you'd have something but you don't.

You been all butt hurt cuz bjorns gone ...

U remember I was vocal about the change ...well actions have made me a believer.

Stu u sound like a conspiracy theorist more then an mma fan

Quit bitching until something bad ACTUALLY happens otherwise zip your lip the whole ufc conspiracy is absolutely absurd.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:36 pm
Yeah, too, with new ownership you can expect to see some guys released for whatever reason and of course they would head to the UFC right away.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:23 pm
fka wrote:

Quit bitching until something bad ACTUALLY happens otherwise zip your lip the whole ufc conspiracy is absolutely absurd.

when Bellator is no longer around in 18 months come see me!

the current state of MMA is a joke. and yeah youre right i am less of a fan now bjorn got booted and they got rid of tournament MMA.

KICKBOXING 4 LIFE!
wekka
wekka

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:13 pm
Who wants Riggs in Bellator anyways?

Thanks for the favor, Zuffa!
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:41 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
fka wrote:

when Bellator is no longer around in 18 months come see me!

the current state of MMA is a joke. and yeah youre right i am less of a fan now bjorn got booted and they got rid of tournament MMA.

KICKBOXING 4 LIFE!

I know what your saying stu. You should just virtually abandon watching any UFC or reading any UFC news at all anymore like me. The dark clouds will start to lift.

There is some mutherfucking world class non-UFCified MMA happening now in Russia. There is so much talent popping up everywhere there it's unbelievable. Even with top M-1 & Fight Nights guys coming over here, the new names coming up are as good or better than the guys that left. I'm serious you just gotta watch the new wave coming up. The talent pool there is endless. New world-class Combat Sambo, Kickboxing, Judo, Wrestlers, and grapplers. Plus submission grappling (Sport Sambo) is taught in schools & 10's of millions of military & MMA fighter-aged former-Soviet country males are trained in Combat Sambo, hand to hand combat, striking, wresting, & submission grappling.

The former Soviet Union has more world class combat sport athletes USA & Brazil has ever had. You watch this shit. Fedor's WMMMA & Russian Union MMA is right now producing hundreds of high-level amateur MMA athletes who are former-highlevel strikers, grapplers, kickboxers, wrestlers, judo players, kudo players, hand to hand combat competitors, and more. They are competing in big international level/Olympic-type tournaments with the Russian Ministry of Sport (national/regional amateur & Olympic & systems & infrastructure). THIS NOT your average american local/regional semi-professional or amateur 'cage in a warehouse' or 'hockey rink' kinda shit. Like where most of the competitors are from your local Gold's gym or who just signed up for MMA classes a couple of years ago. This is real high-level national & international athletes already at national and international & world class combat sport athletes. And I don't mean post-high school non-international or Olympic level wrestling (NCAA Div I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X or whatever)

Cheer up stu. Switch gears don't give up. I'm not. Do something out of your comfort zone. I've had my MMA revolver cocked & loaded on my keyboard, just about putting it in my mouth a number of times this past few years. If I did that... Dana & the fucking Fertittas win. Their empire is crashing. It will fall just like every other won in history that is doing what they are doing.

There is a whole glorious MMA world outside of the North American MMA shitfest. It is growing faster that any one but me and a few that really look every where around the globe and follow what is actually happening. MMA is NOT growing in north america. The UFC is not growing. They are both deflating like a popped balloon.

Seek and you shall find good MMA again stu. You might just not be able to understand the commentary or read the screen text. Some of the best MMA in history went down that way.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:04 am
If it wasnt for a few fighters i am a fan of i would abandon mma for good. it's really fucking sad when i watch UFC with the sound off these days because i cant stand to hear to propaganda bullshit being spouted.

fka
fka

Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:55 pm
Ufc just took Richard odoms from wsof to fight magomedov.....

Hw is wsofs weakest division yet they just give up one of their best guys....

This is the BS roster moves we need to focus on....
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:24 pm
I never cared about Riggs.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:47 pm
fka wrote:Ufc just took Richard odoms from wsof to fight magomedov.....

Hw is wsofs weakest division yet they just give up one of their best guys....

This is the BS roster moves we need to focus on....

i dont give a shit about riggs but it was an honest question about what happened.....if he truly was a free agent then i dont care....but honestly UFC are scrapping the barrel here signing someone to fight paulo thiago  Rolling LMAO 

cant believe WSOF and UFC dont get in trouble over this seriously
fka
fka

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:06 pm
Yeah its pretty blatant what they are up to....I honestly like odoms but whatever I guess
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:07 pm
Dagwood wrote:

I know what your saying stu. You should just virtually abandon watching any UFC or reading any UFC news at all anymore like me. The dark clouds will start to lift.

There is some mutherfucking world class non-UFCified MMA happening now in Russia. There is so much talent popping up everywhere there it's unbelievable. Even with top M-1 & Fight Nights guys coming over here, the new names coming up are as good or better than the guys that left. I'm serious you just gotta watch the new wave coming up. The talent pool there is endless. New world-class Combat Sambo, Kickboxing, Judo, Wrestlers, and grapplers. Plus submission grappling (Sport Sambo) is taught in schools & 10's of millions of military & MMA fighter-aged former-Soviet country males are trained in Combat Sambo, hand to hand combat, striking, wresting, & submission grappling.

The former Soviet Union has more world class combat sport athletes USA & Brazil has ever had. You watch this shit. Fedor's WMMMA & Russian Union MMA is right now producing hundreds of high-level amateur MMA athletes who are former-highlevel strikers, grapplers, kickboxers, wrestlers, judo players, kudo players, hand to hand combat competitors, and more. They are competing in big international level/Olympic-type tournaments with the Russian Ministry of Sport (national/regional amateur & Olympic & systems & infrastructure). THIS NOT your average american local/regional semi-professional or amateur 'cage in a warehouse' or 'hockey rink' kinda shit. Like where most of the competitors are from your local Gold's gym or who just signed up for MMA classes a couple of years ago. This is real high-level national & international athletes already at national and international & world class combat sport athletes. And I don't mean post-high school non-international or Olympic level wrestling (NCAA Div I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X or whatever)

Cheer up stu. Switch gears don't give up. I'm not. Do something out of your comfort zone. I've had my MMA revolver cocked & loaded on my keyboard, just about putting it in my mouth a number of times this past few years. If I did that... Dana & the fucking Fertittas win. Their empire is crashing. It will fall just like every other won in history that is doing what they are doing.

There is a whole glorious MMA world outside of the North American MMA shitfest. It is growing faster that any one but me and a few that really look every where around the globe and follow what is actually happening. MMA is NOT growing in north america. The UFC is not growing. They are both deflating like a popped balloon.

Seek and you shall find good MMA again stu. You might just not be able to understand the commentary or read the screen text. Some of the best MMA in history went down that way.

Wow. You just convinced me to give M-1 a look!
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:55 am
Jesus people overreact Riggs is not a big deal!

Look he fucked up their plans for fight master which was suppose to find NEW undiscovered talent instead riggs wins the whole thing!

Then he is scheduled for a tournament with a fight vs. War Machine he gets hurt

Now bellator will no longer hold tournaments they can't give him what they promised add on that lately he has been boring and he fucked up bellator/Viacom's entire reason for having fightmaster yea he probably wasn't high on the priority list.

The real fucked up part of this whole story is the UFC will sign Riggs out of bellator but won't sign a top 10 arguably the best WW in the world out of Bellator in Ben Askren there is the real fucking tragedy!
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:06 am
PRIDE4EVER wrote:Jesus people overreact Riggs is not a big deal!

Look he fucked up their plans for fight master which was suppose to find NEW undiscovered talent instead riggs wins the whole thing!

That's the first I heard of that. I never watched that show. I got a good lol out of that.
fka
fka

Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:33 am
Ufc just signed Henry cejudo

He is weight making and injury plagued in legacy yet ufc signs him to fight Scott jorgensen?

Cejudo recently was supposed to fight for legacy then pulled out for undisclosed reasons .....guess we know what those reasons were LOL wtf
fka
fka

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:11 am
Lmfao Joe Riggs is out of his ufc return due to a self inflicted gunshot wound...(I'm not joking)

Apparently he regretted leaving bellator and zuffa got wind of it...I smell cover up(now I'm kidding)
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:46 am
No wonder why Bellator released him. This is, what, the third time in less than a year he's been hurt?
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:18 pm
MMA is the most shadiest fucking business ever!

so glad im out of now.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum