GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Phil Baroni: I'm going to fight until I win a world championship Empty Phil Baroni: I'm going to fight until I win a world championship

Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:51 pm
Phil Baroni: I'm going to fight until I win a world championship Phil-baroni-skinny
Despite just two victories in his past 10 professional contests, Phil Baroni (15-18) says he’s not ready to walk away from MMA competition just yet.

In fact, according to a recent Twitter post by the “New York Bad Ass,” he still has goals left to accomplish, and that includes winning a world championship.

Baroni most recent contest came under the Bellator MMA banner in late July. He predicted early knockout of opponent Karo Parisyan at Bellator 122, but it was actually Baroni who was swiftly defeated, as “The Heat” stopped him with strikes at the 2:06 mark of the first round.

The chance to fight for a major organization such as Bellator MMA seemed to give Baroni the spark he needed after more than one year away from competition. He was forced to the sidelines since May 2013 due to a broken fibula and dislocated ankle suffered against Nobutatsu Suzuki under the ONE FC banner.

At 38 years old and with wins increasingly difficult to come up, Baroni says he hasn’t given up on fighting and is still determined to continue his quest to be one of the sport’s premier athletes.

Baroni’s current contract status with Bellator is unknown, but at the time of his signing, it was reported he inked a three-fight deal with the organization.

Since his professional debut in August 2000, Baroni has fought for a laundry list of notable promotions such as UFC, Strikeforce, PRIDE, EliteXC, Cage Rage, DREAM, ONE FC and more.

His next move, other than stating he wants to compete again, is up in the air. However, he used Twitter to call for a fight with Roger Huerta, who is scheduled to fight Christian Holley at an upcoming ONE FC event on Aug. 29 in Dubai.

http://mmajunkie.com/
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Phil Baroni: I'm going to fight until I win a world championship Empty Re: Phil Baroni: I'm going to fight until I win a world championship

Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:55 pm
Baroni looks like dog shit.....

If Karo parisyan tkod you in his current state(2nd tko of his entire career) you should just stop.

Baroni still has power but is much slower his cardio is non existant and his chin needs a flick to cause flash kos.
Heretic
Heretic

Phil Baroni: I'm going to fight until I win a world championship Empty Re: Phil Baroni: I'm going to fight until I win a world championship

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:03 pm
Baroni should go back to weight lifting his time in the spot light is over
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:24 pm
He should join tna his flashy trash talking could Garner a fanbase.....too bad his kneese are shot
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:25 am
Baroni's a fun character, but he should of had this kind of attitude and motivation years ago. I didn't hear this kind of talk coming from him until he joined ONE FC.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum