GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Antonio Tarver vs Johnathon Banks, Sept. 29th Empty Antonio Tarver vs Johnathon Banks, Sept. 29th

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:17 am
Former world champion Antonio Tarver, now campaigning at heavyweight, returns on September 29 against Johnathon Banks in Hidaldgo, Texas.

The show will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Antonio Tarver vs Johnathon Banks, Sept. 29th Empty Re: Antonio Tarver vs Johnathon Banks, Sept. 29th

Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:46 am
This could potentially be a decent fight if Tarver has anything left.

I expect Banks to win.

But, Tarver should have the edge in technique, and could outbox him.

I'm not sure that Tarver has enough left in the tank though. And Banks is a decent fighter.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Antonio Tarver vs Johnathon Banks, Sept. 29th Empty Re: Antonio Tarver vs Johnathon Banks, Sept. 29th

Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:51 am
I'm actually not entirely sure though, to be honest.

I've always been a fan of Banks.

The first time I saw him fight was against Eliseo Castillo back in 2006, when he got off the floor twice in the first round to KO Castillo in the fourth (the fight is well worth youtubing. It was spectacular. Emmanual Steward's reaction when his prospect pulled it off was memorable to me as well).

Honestly, if Tarver does have something left, he could very well outbox Banks. I'm thinking that Tarver may not have enough left. But, I'm really not sure.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:35 pm
I think this is an interesting fight.

Both fighters need a win and both are capable of putting on a good performance if they have anything left.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum