GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Remy Bonjansky Preparing for return to K-1 Ring Empty Remy Bonjansky Preparing for return to K-1 Ring

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:20 pm
Never say never in the fighting world, and in the case of Remy Bonjasky being retired, chalk that up to "not yet." Bonjasky had to bow out of action a few years ago due to an eye injury as well as a few others that have plagued him for the last few years of his career. It had looked like that was the end of the line for the three-time K-1 World Grand Prix Champion. There were talks of a possible retirement fight for the thirty-six year old "Flying Gentleman" but that he was looking for a cool million dollar payout for that last fight. With K-1 in dire straits over the last year and It's Showtime not having that kind of money at their disposal, it looked like we had heard the last of Bonjasky for a while.

There have been reports of a possible return for Remy Bonjasky, as well as a million dollar prize for this year's K-1 World Grand Prix that looks to be pulling Bonjasky back into action. After speaking with a few of our sources, we can confirm that Remy Bonjasky will be back in action this year with K-1, but that the rumored fight with Daniel Ghita is simply not happening yet. Bonjasky was offered the fight with Ghita, but instead turned it down citing it being too big of a challenge for a comeback fight. The date being tossed around circles in Europe right now is May 27th will be the comeback of K-1, and could possibly be when Bonjasky competes for K-1 next, although there is talk of him taking a warmup fight in April before jumping into the deep end of the pool.

I've always felt Bonjasky to be incredibly underrated by fans, mostly for the 2008 World Grand Prix finals where Badr Hari stomped on him and Bonjasky refused to keep fighting. I understand fans' frustration, but at the same time to discredit Bonjasky's incredible career because of that seems to be a bit crass. Bonjasky has three K-1 World Grand Prix wins under his belt, it is impossible to deny that the title of one of the all-time greats goes to him for that alone.

http://www.liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1363:remy-bonjasky-preparing-for-return-to-the-k-1-ring&catid=36:k-1
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Remy Bonjansky Preparing for return to K-1 Ring Empty Re: Remy Bonjansky Preparing for return to K-1 Ring

Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:47 pm
Strange for him to come back at this point, as the future of kickboxing seems uncertain. Hate aside, dude is a great fighter and more exciting than people give him credit for.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Remy Bonjansky Preparing for return to K-1 Ring Empty Re: Remy Bonjansky Preparing for return to K-1 Ring

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:14 am
Odd that Remy decides to comeback just after Badr Hari retires. Smile
KSW
KSW

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:33 am
I never liked Remy as a person but he got great skills, especially his boxing defense where almost no one can get through. His knees are vicious and he jumps high like a basketball player. I hope he gets knocked out in his return.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:57 am
i love remy so i hope he flying kicks the other dude into oblivion. i think this is amazing. would be amazing if he still "has it". him in the k-1 WGP final can only be good.
rezin
rezin

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:05 pm
Dagwood wrote:Odd that Remy decides to comeback just after Badr Hari retires. Smile

The other way around hombre. Badr had inside information that Remy was returning, so he decided to take the easy route: get to the top of boxing's heavyweight division and beat the Klitschko's.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:00 pm
WAR Remy!
Only people who don't like him are butthurt Badr fans
KSW
KSW

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:17 pm
IQ Wrestler wrote:WAR Remy!
Only people who don't like him are butthurt Badr fans
I disliked Remy long before that. I was very happy when Cro Cop beat him.
KSW
KSW

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:22 pm
I´m not a fan of Badrs personality either tbh, I prefer real men like Aerts and Le Banner.
rezin
rezin

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:08 pm
Both Remy's and Badr's personalities are just fine. Variety and all that.

I can't think of a single k1 fighter that I dislike besides Cyril Abidi.
KSW
KSW

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:16 pm
rezin wrote:Both Remy's and Badr's personalities are just fine. Variety and all that.

I can't think of a single k1 fighter that I dislike besides Cyril Abidi.
Yeah Abidi is kinda cocky. I don´t want to sound like a hater, I´m a fan of Badr and Remy as fighters. Everyone can´t be as humble as Fedor.
rezin
rezin

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:19 pm
^ It's not even that he's cocky.

It's that he continually would turn his back to his opponents, i mean what the hell.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:30 pm
Good news for K-1 overall and it's about time he came back
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum