GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Mayweather on Pacquiao: 'The time is right, the time is now' Empty Mayweather on Pacquiao: 'The time is right, the time is now'

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Floyd Mayweather opens up to Fighthype about Manny Pacquiao, Bob Arum, Oscar De La Hoya, and more.
westcott123
westcott123

Mayweather on Pacquiao: 'The time is right, the time is now' Empty Re: Mayweather on Pacquiao: 'The time is right, the time is now'

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:47 pm
god when are they going to fight it is more mayweather than pacquiao my opinion manny does not care if he wins or losses where as floyd does and you can't tell me floyd doesn't want to keep his undefeated record
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Mayweather on Pacquiao: 'The time is right, the time is now' Empty Re: Mayweather on Pacquiao: 'The time is right, the time is now'

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:51 pm
The 1 person holding up this fight in my opinion is Bob Arum, Mannys promoter.

At this point Floyd would soundly defeat Pac Man.

westcott123
westcott123

Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:06 pm
i argree it is mostly bob arum but you have  to admit floyd hasn't exactly been trying to chase a fight with manny until now i do think floyd wins via dec it sucks this fight didn't happen 5 years ago who am i kidding this fight is never going happen its always either bob arum or floyd mayweather it not really manny he just fights
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:34 pm
I agree.

In the past Floyd was helping to make the fight negotiations with Manny difficult. Now I think it's mostly Arum who is being difficult because he doesn't want his golden egg (Manny) to be defeated and have his earning/drawing power lowered. Arum also hates Floyd and doesn't want to see him get even more fame and publicity for the victory.

I think Manny will be an easier fight than Amir Khan. I think Floyd will win against Manny but the fight against Khan is closer to being a 50/50 situation.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:50 pm
#thetimeisnow
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:21 am
I think that the reason this fight hasn't got done has to do with the degenerate state of the business of boxing.

Mayweather and Pacquiao are the two biggest "franchises", if you will, in boxing.

It's not good that fighters have become "franchises" like that. And it is not good that Mayweather and Pacquiao are raking in tens of millions. While other fighters are probably getting the short end of the stick.

I hope that this situation will change.

Be that as it may, Mayweather and Pacquiao's independent 'market value' is what stopped the fight from occurring.

The accountants and lawyers behind them couldn't see the value in the fight, from a financial perspective.

They were likely accurate in their assessments.

Now, the fight is becoming closer to a reality. And I hope it happens ASAP.

And based on their recent fights, I've got Manny by KO Wink . But Floyd is the proper favorite, no doubt.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:44 am
On the issue of PEDs.

Don't you realize that in all likelihood they are both potentially on them?

Someone wrote an article for Maxboxing, I think it was, in which Mayweather's history with PEDs, to the extent of testing positive, was detailed.

It was a very thorough article. I can try to find it later.

That is just one article. That is not judge, jury, executioner.

But pro athletes at this level are all subject to potential PED use.

It is certainly a big problem.

There is a good potential that Manny Pacquiao has used PEDs.

The point is that he is not unique at all, if he has done so.

Just being a professional athlete on his level automatically means there is a good potential that he has used PEDs.

I think that Mayweather using this issue was more of a political maneuver than anything else, quite frankly.

Eddie Goldman has said that Mayweather's calling Pacqiao on this brought the issue of PED testing in boxing to the forefront of public attention, and so was a good thing. (To paraphrase; if I recollect sufficiently accurately.)

That's one perspective. I still see it as a bit of an underhanded trick, which was more ploy than substance. That doesn't mean it wasn't accurate. But it was just kind of manipulative and dirty, in my view.

That's just the impression I have. I am no authority on this issue.

Last edited by nodogoshi on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:31 am; edited 2 times in total
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:35 am
this fight if it ever happens should of happen 8 9  years ago when both where at there peak manny is bit more out of his prime than floyd even though floyd is older he is a technical fighter and hasn't taken as much damage where as manny more of warrior and he will take a hit to give a hit
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:26 am
westcott123 wrote:this fight if it ever happens should of happen 8 9  years ago when both where at there peak manny is bit more out of his prime than floyd even though floyd is older he is a technical fighter and hasn't taken as much damage where as manny more of warrior and he will take a hit to give a hit

Not 8 or 9 years ago.

Manny basically moved up to welterweight in December 2008, when he fought Dela Hoya.

I think that this fight was really on the radar in the past maybe 2.5-3 years.

Manny got knocked out by Marquez. And Floyd started to look his age a little bit. So some of the luster has worn off.

But it's still the biggest fight in boxing.

It could be a little bit reminiscent of Tyson-Lewis. That fight was years in the making. And everyone knew that Tyson was far past his prime. But they finally did fight. And it was a huge event.

I think this fight is still more competitive than Tyson-Lewis, though. Actually, Manny has looked better than Floyd in their recent fights. Especially the way that Floyd was troubled by Maidana in their first fight gives a lot of cause for many to think Manny may trouble him.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:59 am
nodogoshi wrote:
westcott123 wrote:this fight if it ever happens should of happen 8 9  years ago when both where at there peak manny is bit more out of his prime than floyd even though floyd is older he is a technical fighter and hasn't taken as much damage where as manny more of warrior and he will take a hit to give a hit

Not 8 or 9 years ago.

Manny basically moved up to welterweight in December 2008, when he fought Dela Hoya.

I think that this fight was really on the radar in the past maybe 2.5-3 years.

Manny got knocked out by Marquez. And Floyd started to look his age a little bit. So some of the luster has worn off.

But it's still the biggest fight in boxing.

It could be a little bit reminiscent of Tyson-Lewis. That fight was years in the making. And everyone knew that Tyson was far past his prime. But they finally did fight. And it was a huge event.

I think this fight is still more competitive than Tyson-Lewis, though. Actually, Manny has looked better than Floyd in their recent fights. Especially the way that Floyd was troubled by Maidana in their first fight gives a lot of cause for many to think Manny may trouble him.
well i suppose but it would of been awesome if they fought 08 09 don't want to leave till their both in their 80s it will be called manny paqciuo vs floyd maywether rumble in the retirement home manny uses a walker   and floyd uses a walking stick  who wins ?
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:08 am
The cost of ppv price will go up for that fight.I do think people will pay $ 100 to see it.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:36 am
Manny may have looked better in his last fight but consider who he fought...Chris Algieri. Who is not a top fighter and a perfect opponent for Manny style wise.

Floyd fought back to back fights with Marcos Maidana who is a top fighter and a powerful puncher.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:40 am
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:The cost of ppv price will go up for that fight.I do think people will pay $ 100 to see it.
but who do you think wins the manny paqciuo floyd mayweather retirement home fight they way it is going now it is heading into  that direction
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:21 am
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:Manny may have looked better in his last fight but consider who he fought...Chris Algieri. Who is not a top fighter and a perfect opponent for Manny style wise.

Floyd fought back to back fights with Marcos Maidana who is a top fighter and a powerful puncher.

I didn't say in his last fight. I said in his recent fights.

Pacqiao looked very good against Brandon Rios, and in his rematch with Bradley.

He completely dominated both fights.

I don't even count the Maidana rematch. The officials were bought and paid for.

It makes sense, from a money standpoint, to not allow Mayweather to lose.

But that fight was completely dirty. I do not give Mayweather any credit for it.

I said that Mayweather is a proper favorite.

But, I pick Pacqiao.

Pacqiao has looked better in the recent fights.

That's just my pick.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum