GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Jon Fitch tests positive for PEDS Empty Jon Fitch tests positive for PEDS

Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:20 pm
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/jon-fitch-fails-post-wsof-16-drug-test-faces-fines-and-suspension

Jon Fitch

Yet another high-profile fighter has failed a drug test, adding to this year’s rapidly expanding list of offenders.

The California State Athletic Commission today said onetime UFC and WSOF welterweight title challenger Jon Fitch (26-7-1) was flagged for an “adverse result” following a pre-fight drug test in connection with this past December’s WSOF 16, which aired on NBCSN.

The CSAC, which oversaw the Dec. 13 event at McClellan Conference Center in Sacramento, Calif., performed a CIR test on Fitch’s urine sample and confirmed the result. The commission declined to name the substance for which he was flagged. However, multiple sources close to the fighter indicated the test found elevated levels of testosterone.

The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss such matters publicly.

Fitch faced WSOF champ Rousimar Palhares (17-6) at WSOF 16 and fell prey to a kneebar submission in the first round. He now faces a one-year suspension and $2,500 fine. He may appeal the commission’s finding in a hearing.

Fitch has been a vocal critic of PED offenders, calling them “weaker-minded” and labeling the now-banned testosterone-replacement therapy “a joke” and a refuge for former steroid users.

“It is a joke,” Fitch told Fight Hub TV in 2013. “This is devised to let guys who have used steroids in their past re-boost their testosterone since they abused their bodies when they were younger. The guys using it, the ones who use the excuse of, ‘I am too old to compete with young guys” – that’s bulls***! I am 35 years old, and I promise, I would and will bet money that my testosterone levels are just as good as a younger fighter. You know why? Because I have not wrecked my body with steroids, never used ANY type of PED and train healthy and properly to compete.”

Earlier this week, the MMA world was rocked by the dual failures of UFC 183 headliners Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz. Silva was found with two steroids in his system after an out-of-competition test, and Diaz failed his third post-fight test for marijuana.

For complete coverage of WSOF 16, check out the MMA Events section of the site.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Jon Fitch tests positive for PEDS Empty Re: Jon Fitch tests positive for PEDS

Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:00 am
Huh. Never thought Fitch to be the type.
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:57 pm
me either its true peds are a huge problem in mma and i wish people will stop looking at a person body type and say yep there on steroids . it should be known by now not every fighter who has a muscluar body is injecting roids . Look at andy and fitch and barrnet leben sylvia . My opinion the fighters who aren't/never took roids are mike bisping .luke rockhold. tim kennedy ..fedor .gsp and ben askren were calling for pre fight and out of competion drug testing . and morons talked shit about them .
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:33 pm
Barnett,tim sylvia use them for lean muscle(Only time either had any form of a sixpack)

Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:22 am
Jon Fitch tests positive for PEDS Desperationeverywhere
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:28 am
Didn't expect this but Fitch is past his prime so he's probably feeling desperate.
Adax

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:51 pm
Jon Fitch tests positive for PEDS Tumblr_njj3kdrZz11r91mdqo2_540

Jon Fitch tests positive for PEDS Tumblr_njj3kdrZz11r91mdqo1_540
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:07 pm
hahaha great tweet BJ penn
Jon Fitch tests positive for PEDS IAgI2r06bNLoa

Jon Fitch tests positive for PEDS 2igf96h