GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dumb quote of the day from BozoNeedles

+9
Dagwood
RussianTopTeam
DatsikCrim
rezin
monaroCountry
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Wolfman
Misowaman
ZuffaKiller
13 posters
Go down
ZuffaKiller

Dumb quote of the day from BozoNeedles Empty Dumb quote of the day from BozoNeedles

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:35 pm
UFC President Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'

Yesterday, while in Calgary for the UFC press conference, Dana White took part in a fan question and answer session that covered a wide range of topics. Everything from walk-out music to Floyd Mayweather was covered in the Q&A, but maybe the most interesting answer from White came when he was asked about fighting in hockey.

The Calgary Sun has the transcript:

Q: As you know, we love our hockey here. And it remains the only other pro sport that allows fighting. Curious as to your thoughts on fighting in hockey?

A: I'm not a big hockey fan. But I respect how talented you have to be to play hockey. Soccer? That's a whole other ball't sta. I Can stand soccer. It's the least-talented sport on Earth. There's a reason three-year-olds can play soccer. When you're playing a game when the net is that big and the score is 3-1 (and that's a blowout) are you kidding me? You know how untalented you have to be to score three times when the net is that big? Now back to hockey. You have guys on skates with crooked sticks and you have to hit a puck into a net that's the same size as the goalie. And at any time someone could take your head right off your shoulders and it's perfectly legal. That's a real sport that takes real talent, speed and all the things you need to be a real athlete. Now fighting is a part of hockey and has been since Day 1. It's part of the game. It is what it is. I think we live in a world now where everything has been so pussy-fied. When I grew up we didn't wear helmets when we rode our bikes. We didn't have car seats. We didn't have all this stuff. Now things are safer and we should be safer but let's not go overboard. Fighting's a part of hockey. Period.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Dumb quote of the day from BozoNeedles Empty Re: Dumb quote of the day from BozoNeedles

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:40 pm
considering he has a hard on for brazil, he probably shouldn't discredit soccer.

It's not the least talented, sure, it sucks fat dick, but it's not a talentless sport. Badminton is talentless, curling is talentless.
ZuffaKiller

Dumb quote of the day from BozoNeedles Empty Re: Dumb quote of the day from BozoNeedles

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:44 pm
Misowaman wrote:considering he has a hard on for brazil, he probably shouldn't discredit soccer.

It's not the least talented, sure, it sucks fat dick, but it's not a talentless sport. Badminton is talentless, curling is talentless.

your ignorant
Misowaman
Misowaman

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm
I love the fact that him, and most of the mma community (you guys are guilty of it too, don't lie) feel that they need to cut down other sports to make something bigger. A huge part of Dana White and MMA fans' time is dedicated to cutting down Boxing, as if talking shit on boxing is making MMA more popular, and apparently, Dana feels the need to cut down soccer, why? to pander to the canadian crowd by talking up hockey.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:49 pm
ZuffaKiller wrote:
Misowaman wrote:considering he has a hard on for brazil, he probably shouldn't discredit soccer.

your ignorant

Sorry for thinking that Soccer is boring as shit to watch. My bad for having an opinion.
I don't have time to watch guys kicking a ball back and forth for 4 hours for the game to end 0-0 without putting a bullet in my head, it's just not possible for me.

If you like Soccer, go ahead, i'm not criticizing people for liking it, I just don't get the appeal.
ZuffaKiller

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:51 pm
huh

Last edited by ZuffaKiller on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZuffaKiller

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:53 pm
I love the fact that him, and most of the mma community (you guys are guilty of it too, don't lie) feel that they need to cut down other sports to make something bigger. A huge part of Dana White and MMA fans' time is dedicated to cutting down Boxing, as if talking shit on boxing is making MMA more popular, and apparently, Dana feels the need to cut down soccer, why? to pander to the canadian crowd by talking up hockey.

The hell are your talking about
ZuffaKiller

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:55 pm
Misowaman wrote:
ZuffaKiller wrote:

your ignorant

Sorry for thinking that Soccer is boring as shit to watch. My bad for having an opinion.
I don't have time to watch guys kicking a ball back and forth for 4 hours for the game to end 0-0 without putting a bullet in my head, it's just not possible for me.

If you like Soccer, go ahead, i'm not criticizing people for liking it, I just don't get the appeal.

okay whatever miss
Wolfman
Wolfman

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:41 pm
Dana White clearly never played or watched soccer in his life. I don't like to watch it too, but still to be good you need tons of talent.

Anyway. Once more it happened. --> Dumb quote of the day from BozoNeedles Dana710
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:42 pm
while im not a soccer(football) fan I can respect the time the guys put into it, as a Texas native I am partial to a good old fashioned game of american hand egg lol, anyway gayna needs to stfu I got more talent in my left nut the he does in his entire body.
monaroCountry

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:57 pm
Dana White is a douche.

Soccer takes talent and the best sportsmen in the world usually play soccer if they were good enough. Soccer is afterall the world game, the biggest sport, the most profitable, and its stars are bigger than celebreties around the globe.

If soccer is talentless becaue a 4 year old can play it, then how about MMA, im sure everyone started punching up with other kids way before the age of 4.

Both Soccer and MMA takes talent, Dana White shouldnt bag other sports, other promotions, and other fighters. This is typical of Dana though, where what ISNT UFC/ZUFFA THEN HE MUST BAG AND MAKE FUN OF THEM. The guy is the biggest douche scumbag in MMA today.
rezin
rezin

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:56 pm
Badminton is great. As far as the topic, let me look into the future.

"Soccer is amazing. These guys are true tireless athletes in a sport with.......blah blah blah" - Dana White
DatsikCrim
DatsikCrim

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:25 pm
Wouldn't say soccer is the least talented sport...

but hockey is definitely the harder sport to play.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 pm
Dana White : "Hell, forget about college. I barely finished high school."

Dumb quote of the day from BozoNeedles 2266763299

http://www.evancarmichael.com/Famous-Entrepreneurs/1166/Dana-White-Quotes.html
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:46 pm
Misowaman wrote:

If you were a zombie I would say this should have read...

"Sorry for thinking that UFC is boring as shit to watch. My bad for having an opinion. I don't have time to watch guys hugging each other back and forth for 15-25 minutes for the game to end 0 submissions & 0 KO's without putting a bullet in my head, it's just not possible for me.

If you like UFC, go ahead, i'm not criticizing people for liking it, I just don't get the appeal."

RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:15 am
The more words that come out of Dana White's mouth.....the more sad I get.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:31 am
Dagwood wrote:
Misowaman wrote:

If you were a zombie I would say this should have read...

"Sorry for thinking that UFC is boring as shit to watch. My bad for having an opinion. I don't have time to watch guys hugging each other back and forth for 15-25 minutes for the game to end 0 submissions & 0 KO's without putting a bullet in my head, it's just not possible for me.

If you like UFC, go ahead, i'm not criticizing people for liking it, I just don't get the appeal."

love it
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:36 am
One of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
Deadarmour
Deadarmour

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:43 am
Hahaha! Why would he say that!? Dumb quote of the day from BozoNeedles 312411433
The amount of people in the world who play football (soccer) is insane, it's like the biggest sport on the planet- If you're in one of the top teams you must be really fucking good...

I hate football, but that's a ridiculous thing to say
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:49 am
Deadarmour wrote:Hahaha! Why would he say that!? Dumb quote of the day from BozoNeedles 312411433
The amount of people in the world who play football (soccer) is insane, it's like the biggest sport on the planet- If you're in one of the top teams you must be really fucking good...

I hate football, but that's a ridiculous thing to say

Yeah, if there ever was a time for Dana to bite his tongue, it would have been then, especially since he loves Brazil.

And if anyone thinks soccer/football is easy, they've never actually played it.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:10 pm
what a fucking moron. i'll just leave it at that. no wait, i can't because it's that fucking stupid. soccer players are arguably the most talented athletes on the planet ffs.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:20 pm
what does Dana know? he's never played a sport in his LIFE
KSW
KSW

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:30 pm
I played "soccer" at a pretty high level and I can assure Dana it´s one of the most difficult sports. To become a pro you have to have endurance like a long distance runner, speed like a sprinter, be able to jump high, be strong, have great balance and most important of all you got to have unbelievable ball technique and skills. On top of this there´s a lot of tactics and you have to make decisions in milliseconds.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum