GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glorys deal with SPIKE is up ....insiders say spike may be moving on

+10
God of Thunder
westcott123
TeamJohnPerretti
Rocksoldier84
backdoor to zuffa
Rizin=PRIDEFC
stu3ufc
wekka
CDF47
fka
14 posters
Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Glorys deal with SPIKE is up ....insiders say spike may be moving on Empty Glorys deal with SPIKE is up ....insiders say spike may be moving on

Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:34 pm
I subscribe to mutiple mma mags including fighters only and i goy my new mag today.

In the insiders knowledge section it mentions dynamite card might look much different next year cuz glorys contract with spike is up...

While negotiations are apparently ongoing....insiders say spike may start their own kickboxing promotion instead of dealing with glory.

Any thoughts on this??

Ps also in this mag was a nice write up on the dynamite card and disappointingly a smear article about fedor ducking the ufc in favor of ggettingpaid..

Im definitely writing in for this one
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Glorys deal with SPIKE is up ....insiders say spike may be moving on Empty Re: Glorys deal with SPIKE is up ....insiders say spike may be moving on

Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:23 pm
I hope Spike renews the Glory deal. Does the magazine say why the deal might be done.

Glory possibly did not want to cooperate with Bellator so that could be one reason why Spike wants their own promotion.  There probably are other reasons (financial,..) as well but who knows.  
wekka
wekka

Glorys deal with SPIKE is up ....insiders say spike may be moving on Empty Re: Glorys deal with SPIKE is up ....insiders say spike may be moving on

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:43 pm
Glory has shit the bed. Once they lost Saki and Spong, the writing was on the wall.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:41 pm
wekka wrote:Glory has shit the bed. Once they lost Saki and Spong, the writing was on the wall.

Spike have ruined glory and turned it into a shit show with watered down cards and 4 man tournaments. The level went down and fighters left! I hope Glory stays in europe and has better events from here on out...
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:10 am
I think Glory is done without SPIKE tv contract so VIACOM will say give us 75%-100% of Glory for peanuts and you(Glory owners) can live from some small royalty free
wekka
wekka

Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:33 pm
At this point, i'd rather Spike replace Glory with Rizin and hopefully someone else takes a chance with Glory.
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:17 pm
Spike's own kickboxing org? Well if it's anything like the current Glory product on Spike, I'll pass. It'll probably be even worse. Glory should go back to Europe and put on great shows in front of great crowds. F the American market.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:00 am
wekka wrote:At this point, i'd rather Spike replace Glory with Rizin and hopefully someone else takes a chance with Glory.

I definitely hope RIZIN has a permanent spot on Spike and Fuji TV.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:03 pm
GLORY nearly killed themselves trying to please dumbed down american casuals...I really hope GLORY stays in fucking europe and give us the quality cards we deserve!
fka
fka

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:02 pm
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:39 pm

yeah because Only the United States exists in the world

I think Glory will do better in europe than they will trying to please a bunch of brain dead Americans into liking kickboxing.

You cant appreciate an event with commericials every 2 minutes.... There was so much dead air time between fights...Just awful. Glory was amazing before it went to the U.S.

They need to get back to the standard that IT'S SHOWTIME was with amazing events and fights. GLORY U.S just felt cheap and watered down.
fka
fka

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:52 pm
No its not cuz they aren't in america lol its cuz they are losing stars and bleeding money.

They will likely die soo unless someone steps up financially.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:21 pm
fka wrote:No its not cuz they aren't in america lol its cuz they are losing stars and bleeding money.

They will likely die soo unless someone steps up financially.

You think putting on shows in the US is cheap

If they were bleeding money then why are they having two more shows to close the end of the year.

Spike didnt want them because the ratings sucked....Doesnt mean they cant do good elsewhere in the world

I'm glad they've left because GLORY went to utter shit and putting on American shows is the main reason why. I hope they can get Saki and Spong back!
fka
fka

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:29 pm
Shows woulda been shit reguardless of where they were held....they couldn't and cant keep guys around.

I hope they do ok but tbh kickboxing isn't a big deal to me its cool but not a huge deal.

Pretty much the sentiment of 99% of Americans....

stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:32 pm
fka wrote:Shows woulda been shit reguardless of where they were held....they couldn't and cant keep guys around.

I hope they do ok but tbh kickboxing isn't a big deal to me its cool but not a huge deal.

Pretty much the sentiment of 99% of Americans....

You dont know that at all! Glory USA has been a massive flop! Glory will return to Glory!! cat
fka
fka

Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:22 pm
Hope they do....

I really hoped it would do better but it just didnt click.

Kickboxing just isnt promoted as much and isnt known by alot of people.

I hope glory does do well in the future but alot of rumors are swirling they are in trouble.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:16 pm
What's with this America stuff? Yeah, cause if they didn't go to America they'd probably be as big as K-1 was in the 90s.

Personally, I couldn't get into kickboxing and I wouldn't be surprised if the underwhelming fights at Dynamite sealed their fate. The MMA company in a cage had almost all their main card fights end in finishes and not one kickboxing fight in the holy ring could produce one knockout or TKO.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:09 am
"america stuff" because the ratings were so fucking low it is evident that people dont car for kickboxing and they care more for MMA and boxing. Just the way it is. Reading your comments you prove to methat you dont care for it... I have no idea why but whatever your choice. Kickboxing to me is far more exciting than human cock fighting

Also I really hope we never see Bill fucking goldberg on a gLORY show again
wekka
wekka

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:52 pm
The American shows didn't work because you constantly had Schilling and Jacoby on the main card, Wayne Barrett didn't work out, and they never took advantage of the world class kickboxers at their disposal.
fka
fka

Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:54 pm
Glory just announced they have a new tv deal with ESPN.

GLORY 25airs tomorrow. On Espn3 and will replay on Espn2.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:49 pm
fka wrote:Glory just announced they have a new tv deal with ESPN.

GLORY 25airs tomorrow. On Espn3 and will replay on Espn2.
Glorys deal with SPIKE is up ....insiders say spike may be moving on 2750705302
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:12 pm
Good news.

Hopefully GLORY improves and grows.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:19 pm
Saw some reports that said the deal is only for this show.

westcott123
westcott123

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:43 pm
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:Saw some reports that said the deal is only for this show.

Ok i wonder who they will be with next ? i gotta say one thing i miss 90s k1
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:56 pm
Great to hear they will be on ESPN
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum