GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Explosive Fight! Melvin Manhoef Speaks Empty Explosive Fight! Melvin Manhoef Speaks

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:21 am
Feared Dutch Striker Melvin Manhoef prepares to take on Deep Champion Yoshiyuki Nakanishi this weekend at ONE FC War of the Lions.

Originally scheduled to take on Babalu Sobral many feel that although not as well known in the western world, Nakanishi’s all action style could make for an even better fight come the weekend. Melvin himself eagerly awaits the new matchup and is not disappointed in the rescheduled bout as he explains:

“No, I’m not disappointed. Of course I would have liked to fight him (Babalu) a lot, but who knows maybe in the future it will happen. I’m also excited to fight my new opponent. I know he’s a strong complete fighter so it will be a hard fight.”

With an astonishing 96% finishing ratio with 23 of his 24 wins coming via knockout or tko Melvin is still regarded as one of the most exciting fighters on the planet. Moving up to the light heavyweight division to take on the Japanese champion, Melvin can still be confident in the knowledge that he has knocked out opponents bigger than him in the past, including the likes of Mark Hunt and Ian Freeman. Far from fearing his bigger opponent he is relishing the opportunity to fight Nakanishi:

“I’ve fought bigger guys most of my career. Of course it’s hard for me to fight the heavier guys since most of them are naturally heavier and taller than me, but I like the variation and the challenge!”

Deep champion Nakanishi has suggested he is willing to meet Melvin in the centre of the cage come event time although the Dutchman has his doubts:

“I really don’t know if he will stand with me, but as with most of my opponents I think he’ll prefer to take the fight to the ground”.

Manhoef is excited to be a part of an excellent ONE FC card this weekend that is available completely free of charge in HD quality around the world:

“I know ONE FC are a young ambitious organization. They have a lot of great plans and I’m honored to be a part of it. I hope to fight many times for them and help them build the organization.”

As far as a prediction for the bout Melvin is only sure of an exciting fight for the fans:

“It’s always hard to predict the fight. The only thing I can tell you is that I’m ready and focused. I think it’s going to be a hard explosive fight”.

ONE FC War of the Lions will be streamed live and completely free on ONE FC’s YouTube channel. Please head to http://www.onefc.com/ for complete details.

http://nightmareofbattle.com/2012/03/30/explosive-fight-melvin-manhoef-speaks/
Wolfman
Wolfman

Explosive Fight! Melvin Manhoef Speaks Empty Re: Explosive Fight! Melvin Manhoef Speaks

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:14 pm