GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:03 am
Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  12377899_531933036971746_6281570602025931329_o
Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka
January 16, 2016

Barclays Center
Brooklyn, New York, USADeontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg

Main Card:
Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgDeontay Wilder (35-0)       vs.               (20-1) Artur SzpilkaDeontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg     
Main Event | Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Title_belt-2c12566995aef55859eff709a3781fbf WBC Title Fight | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg)

Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgCharles Martin (22-0)         vs.     (21-0) Vyacheslav GlazkovDeontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg    
Co-Main Event | Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Title_belt-2c12566995aef55859eff709a3781fbf Vacant IBF Title Fight | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg)

Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svgAmanda Serrano (26-1)      vs.              (12-3) Helen JosephDeontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_Nigeria.svg    
Main Card | Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Title_belt-2c12566995aef55859eff709a3781fbf Vacant WBO Title Fight | Female Featherweight | 125 lbs (57 kg)

Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgDanny Kelly (9-1)               vs.          (12-0) Adam KownackiDeontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg    
Main Card | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg)

Undefeated WBC Heavyweight World Champion Deontay Wilder will make the third defense of his title against brawling Polish contender Artur Szpilka on Saturday, Jan. 16, 2016, at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, live on SHOWTIME at 9p ET/6p PT.

The 12-round main event between the power-punching Wilder, of Tuscaloosa, Ala., and Szpilka, of Wieliczka, Poland, will be the first heavyweight title fight in Brooklyn since James Jeffries knocked out James Corbett in the 23rd round on May 11, 1900, on Coney Island.

Last edited by Kingfedor on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Re: Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:33 am
Real good fight card.

I'm excited about this show.

Considering he's a late opponent...Szpilka is a good choice. I expect Wilder to win and retain his title but think he'll be pushed.

Martin-Glazkov should be ok. It's for a title so i expect them to fight with some urgency and energy.

The fight I'm most looking forward to is Mansour vs. Breazeale. An older fighter who is on his last big chance in boxing vs. a young undefeated fighter.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Re: Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:47 am
Don't think much of Wilder, but I expect him to win. Wouldn't be completely shocked if he got caught though.

Haven't really seen Martin. His record is a bit thin. Thinking Glazkov.

I think Mansour can definitely win against Breazle, and I'm pulling for him. I'd go with him as a pick as well. Breazle is pretty limited.

Looking at the records, Kelly seems to need to win by knockout to win a fight. He's gone to the cards 3 times and got a draw, a MD win, and a UD loss. Kownacki apparently was an experienced amateur, he should win.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:05 am
This Saturday.

I'll be watching.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:36 am
Wilder's very underrated due to opposition consistently ducking him and mass perception being he is the one doing the ducking. I wonder why it's so easy for people to assume things. Wilder obviously doesn't duck, the reason why fights aren't made or are postponed are given by the fleeing team. It's not Wilder who said Pov needs more time it was Pov at a Wach fight presser. Still all over social media you read Wilder's ducking Pov. Whatever, I think the worse of it is that since people assume Wilder isn't looking for good fights automatically no one he fights is of any worth. I'll tell ya this now, Artur is way better than fat boy Chisora ever was. This is a really good fight between two dudes who don't shy from no body, and very very few people see it that way only because Artur is not named Povetkin.

Charles Martin has taken extreme advantage of a lack of talent in the division, and has cherry picked his way up. I'm not sure if that's any worse than Glaz's having been handed a couple of Ws he clearly did not earned. He Lost to Scott and he lost to Rossy. I don't feel like he's earned his position to vie for a title, but that's beside the point. Prince has all the skills needed to win by KO, and Glaz by Dec. I'd be surprised if Prince won by judges, or Glaz by KO. It's a good fight, but either way the IBF champ is going to fall to Wilder or Fury.

TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:18 pm
The Mansour fight has been moved to the debut show on FOX next weekend.

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:40 pm
I consider Wilder very overrated.

I hope Szpilka beats the hell out of him.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:47 pm
marchegiano
marchegiano

Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:05 pm
I really like Artur a lot. I don't know much of him outside the ring, but in the ring he's a very good HW. I think it's a damn shame Wilder will get little credit if be beats Artur. Also, I wonder, should Artur pull off an upset, if he'll get full credit for that win.

Wilder's hated by some who rate him highly, but mostly the folks who dislike Wilder feel he's overrated. So how much is Wilder's name worth on a resume? Obviously the championship has plenty of worth, but how much is the name worth?
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:23 pm
This gonna be good!
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:52 pm
marchegiano wrote:I really like Artur a lot. I don't know much of him outside the ring, but in the ring he's a very good HW. I think it's a damn shame Wilder will get little credit if be beats Artur. Also, I wonder, should Artur pull off an upset, if he'll get full credit for that win.

Wilder's hated by some who rate him highly, but mostly the folks who dislike Wilder feel he's overrated. So how much is Wilder's name worth on a resume? Obviously the championship has plenty of worth, but how much is the name worth?

Wilder is a joke.

He's beat one rated opponent in Stiverne, and Stiverne was sick and dehydrated, and went to the hospital after the fight.

Malik Scott took a dive.

Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  T2cpIQ

I think Spilka has a pretty decent shot.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:59 am
Bummmmmm Squadddd!!!!!
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:34 pm
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:52 am
I can't wait to see Deontay Wilder face down on the canvas tomorrow.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:09 pm
nodogoshi wrote:
marchegiano wrote:I really like Artur a lot. I don't know much of him outside the ring, but in the ring he's a very good HW. I think it's a damn shame Wilder will get little credit if be beats Artur. Also, I wonder, should Artur pull off an upset, if he'll get full credit for that win.

Wilder is a joke.

He's beat one rated opponent in Stiverne, and Stiverne was sick and dehydrated, and went to the hospital after the fight.

Malik Scott took a dive.

Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  T2cpIQ

I think Spilka has a pretty decent shot.

Deontay Wilder vs Artur Szpilka - January 16 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  3973136183 Let me start like this; I know respect is big here and I can dig it. I've respect for you in no uncertain terms. We've known each other for shorts times over a long while, and I enjoy seeing you're still around and reading your input. If I write something disrespectful please take it as a joke, sarcasm. I don't mean to upset folks or anything like that I just don't expect it to bother anyone. I've made a real attempt to tone down since John got onto me. If I'm not acceptable yet let me know and I'll be even nicer, but please please please do not take it as a personal attack. It's just I'm very used to light hearted tomfoolery when talking boxing and I don't really feel bad for doing that so much as y'all take me for being a serious, and I'd assume very angry, meaniepants. It's not like that at all, it's more brotherly.

Meh, nonsense.

I've heard the same bull since the "he'll never get a title shot" days, and really all you're saying to me is you don't understand boxing's ranking system nor do you stay up to date on the four body's top fifteen positions.

Most good wins, regardless of who scored them, are only good wins for a short while. Pinata was ranked, where is he now? Chisora? how about Scott? They're no longer good wins, they've been exposed for a while. Maybe if Fury beat more than fat guys without technical abilities and an old champion who punched himself in the face and never mastered the phantom overhead punch which was used to drop Fury on more than one occasion prior to the fight and displayed perfectly by Marciano, Tyson, and Morrison you'd have a case. If Glazkov wasn't handed a handful of gifts and actually beat Rossy and Scott maybe you'd have a case. Maybe if Pulev ever beat anyone better than an out of shape Russian with a slick one-two you'd have a case. Maybe if Haye's best wins weren't CWs you'd have a case. Maybe if Povetkin wasn't openly and publicly avoiding Wilder you'd have a case. Maybe if Fujimoto had a single win that didn't look like a couple of drunks in a backyard you'd have a case, but since they all suck, and they all avoid each other, and the only one consistently calling out the others is Wilder all you're doing is punishing him for being avoided.

Wlad's best wins since Byrd are Pov and Haye....:lamo: And I mean, that's about the best he could have done too isn't it? ridiculous. Haye's never beaten a HW worth a damn, and Pov avoided the Wladster for nearly a decade before hugging it out.

Y'all act like it's Wilder's team that said Team Fury isn't ready, or Team Povetkin isn't ready, or Team Bermane isn't ready, or Team Pulev and so on. Those guys released their own statements all their own bud.

What I don't understand beyond all of it is why people insist on putting everyone else on a pedestal. These boxers are shit, they're not much better than Kimbo, for real, from a guy who can tell you all about Onomastos to Ortiz, who has studied training from Diagoras to Steward. They are ridiculously limited, and perform what they think they're good at really poorly. The power-line and structure theories that have been handed down and improved upon for over three thousand years are so far hidden in their performances you're lucky to see a punch that looks something like excellence let alone an entire fight. It's absolutely fine to not be sold on Wilder, but don't tell me some shit like competition level. The kinesiology is there, he looks like he has to potential to KO anyone because the physics are there. You can say but x beat y all you like, once you get into this world of using that to triangle theory Wilder's worth you've enter the stupid forest of dummies who assume without research. Little to no knowledge of the ranking, little to no knowledge of the theories, little to no knowledge of the science, and little to no knowledge of the history, but you expect me to trust you're judgment on any of it? Nah, you trust mine instead. They're all shit, and no one's beaten anyone worth holding over the others since Wlad beat Byrd. Bermane Stiverne is a shitty boxer, Wladimir Klitschko has become a shitty boxer. Anything else to cover?
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:43 pm
I'm genuinely excited for this show.

2 heavyweight title fights.

I'm sticking with my picks.

Wilder will win but Szpilka will push him and make it a tough fight.

Martin will win. My guess is by decision.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:08 pm
march, don't worry about it. I'm just giving my opinion.

Fury is a legit champ, and I don't see him losing for a while.

Wilder has qualities, but I consider him a bit of a fraud.

I watched him in the Olympics, and was really impressed that a guy with 12 fights could qualify for the Olympics and medal.

I do watch rankings.

I just find it a bit of a joke his level of competition in the pros, and I don't think he's a top fighter.

He's a good athlete, and he is a top-5 heavyweight. I'm just tired of him ducking Povetkin, and I frankly think he's a paper champ.

But, I could wind up being wrong about him in the end.
Miike
Miike

Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:30 pm
No comments on the fight? That was a baaaaaddd knockout.

Good fight. It's good to see life in the heavyweight division and to see people talk about it again.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:26 am
I'll eat my crow.

Congrats to Wilder, he should enjoy his win.

Szpilka was outboxing him, but Wilder landed a great shot, and congratulations.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:27 am
I'm still picking Povetkin, and I think he has little chance vs Fury.

He could prove me wrong again though.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:37 am
I knew Szpilka was a better boxer. But Wilder proved his power is for real and landed a great shot.

The big eraser. (*Teddy Atlas.)

Wilder deserves all his due.

He won the fight in explosive fashion.

I didn't agree with the Showtime scorecards and had Wilder down, but the cards didn't matter. I hope Szpilka is okay, and wish Wilder congrats.

He might get by Povetkin, I don't see him beating Fury. He might prove me wrong though.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:29 am
As said above it's nice to see some new, interesting faces in the heavyweight division.

Szpilka looked good up to the ko. He had a good strategy.

Wilder has the type of power where he can win a fight at anytime.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum