GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Royce vs Shamrock smh? Empty Royce vs Shamrock smh?

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:08 am
Weird ending due to delayed reaction from Shamrock after getting kneed near the groin by Royce but all that aside I've never seen a better K1 Royce. I know this win didn't mean anything but he showed that you can still improve despite your age. Who would've thunk it? Royce finally did the smart thing and opened up his game and incorporated more tools like hammerfists and improved his high kicks (in form at least. He still needs to judge distance better). I'm glad he won, him and big big where my Bjj influences early on. Good for him. Let him continue to blossom like Aoki did when he discovered he had kicks.

Next match? Him vs pat militech or sakuraba for newly instated "bellator mma veteran/legends belt"
Kinosis
Kinosis

Royce vs Shamrock smh? Empty Re: Royce vs Shamrock smh?

Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:26 am
Yeah he looked good. Ken has lost a lot of fights due to weird reactions. Rich Franklin, Kimbo, Sakuraba, and now Royce. I'd like to see Ken vs Sakuraba 2 in Rizin, loser retires. Winner fights Royce Gracie one more time, if Royce comes back. He said this was his last one before the fight but at the post fight press conference he said he would think about it after some time off with his family and getting some food.
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:30 am
Oh yes  gracie has shown improvements and has improved his game gotta laugh at the people bitching about it though .
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:35 am
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Even Kimbo vs Dada, the fight sucked but I saw so many people saying they were done with Bellator, it's b-leagues, etc yet they forget Kimbo had a horrible fight in the ufc with Houston Alexander. No one was saying the ufc was b-leagues and they are done watching it, they would just say that fight sucked but they wouldn't hardcore bash the ufc because it's untouchable to these zombies.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:51 am
I thought Royce looked good as well.  I would like to see him fight again against Miletich, Sakuraba, or any other legend. I like the idea of the legends division. It is great to see these fighters back at it.

Last edited by CDF47 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:51 am
Kinosis wrote:Yeah, it's ridiculous.  Even Kimbo vs Dada, the fight sucked but I saw so many people saying they were done with Bellator, it's b-leagues, etc yet they forget Kimbo had a horrible fight in the ufc with Houston Alexander.  No one was saying the ufc was b-leagues and they are done watching it, they would just say that fight sucked but they wouldn't hardcore bash the ufc because it's untouchable to these zombies.    

Yeah, I saw that as well. A lot of that is the normal group.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:21 pm
Dude kimbo and dada was a horrible fuckin fight......bunch of bums lol

Ken got robbed but notvmuch you can do ref didnt see it...
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:54 pm
The sad part is that the zz's use this event as their argument to bash bellator. They are just projecting because everything they accuse bellator for, ufc has done it and then some. At least Coker has a good game plan to get viewers plugged in and then show them additional talent which they might be interested in. I for one think their latest a signings have been positive and show that bellator isn't trying to be a joke of an org, just one that is willing to expand beyond the ufc in the entertainment department. Those that complain do it mostly out of brand loyalty towards ufc but those ignorant fans are usually the same ones that support a ufc monopoly.
fka
fka

Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:23 pm
I agree bro ^^^^

As much of spectacle mma that they use.....creating kickboxing org,bringing PBC back to spike is setting spike to be the new combat sports channel.

New signings,tourneys,co promotion and matchmaking are leading to better days.Thompson vs Chandler is a really good fight.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:58 pm
I agree. I like what Bellator is doing. I've seen the posts from the usual group trying to use this to bash Bellator. I think more people can see through that now though.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:15 pm
ken shamrock always mentally breaks.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:52 pm
stu3ufc wrote:ken shamrock always mentally breaks.

Yeah, he flipped out yesterday. He was going off on Royce, the ref, and everyone around.
fka
fka

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:05 pm
Usually id say ken being ken .....

But id be too this was a fight he wanted for decades ......only for a low blow to end it.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:19 pm
fka wrote:Usually id say ken being ken .....

But id be  too this was a fight he wanted for decades ......only for a low blow to end it.

That was a bad ending but he blew up.  The blowup is probably why Coker doesn't want a 4th match in Bellator.  It might have to happen under a different promotion if they rematch again.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:04 pm
CDF47 wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:ken shamrock always mentally breaks.

Yeah, he flipped out yesterday.  He was going off on Royce, the ref, and everyone around.

he's always looking for a way out
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:09 pm
Kinosis wrote:Yeah, it's ridiculous.  Even Kimbo vs Dada, the fight sucked but I saw so many people saying they were done with Bellator, it's b-leagues, etc yet they forget Kimbo had a horrible fight in the ufc with Houston Alexander.  No one was saying the ufc was b-leagues and they are done watching it, they would just say that fight sucked but they wouldn't hardcore bash the ufc because it's untouchable to these zombies.    
True they didn't call the ufc b leagues when kimbo was there but you know it's only ok when they {the UFC} do it another org nope smh .
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:30 pm
westcott123 wrote:
True they didn't call the ufc b leagues when kimbo was there but you know it's only ok when they {the UFC} do it another org nope smh .

Yeah, very hypocritical.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum