GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Bellator 150 ratings are in..... Empty Bellator 150 ratings are in.....

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:23 pm
http://mmapayout.com/2016/02/bellator-150-drew-733000-viewers/

After Bellator 149 drew alot of eyes as well as criticism leaving the future of the company in many people's eyes on shaky ground.

Some people even took to social media to rant and vow never to watch again.....

Well numbers are in and even after a last minute main event swap Bellator 150 still manage to average its highest non tentpole event numbers since Bellator 139.

.......733,000 average viewers!!

Like i said people will still watch bellator and not just the freakshow or geezer stuff coker knows what he's doing people are getting behind the brand really cool to see.Funny though how after all that BS talk from people bellator manages its best numbers in quite some time.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Bellator 150 ratings are in..... Empty Re: Bellator 150 ratings are in.....

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:29 pm
Very good rating.  People tuned in as a follow-up to Kimbo.  

Coker should consider Kimbo vs. Royce.  That fight would do big numbers. I think Royce could wear down Kimbo and then sub him in the latter rounds.   

They should have Fedor on this card as well.  Maybe a RIZIN fight or something but it would need to be live.
fka
fka

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:44 pm
People were crying the sky was falling lol like bellator was done...

Then the very next week they put on the best non tentpole numbers in quite some time.

This was very important indicator and its good to see a non tentpole event averaged good numbers if this event bombed then the flood of RIP bellator would begin lol.

I posted this on the other site....no responses yet....people cant criticize so they stfu haha.
fka
fka

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:48 pm
I honestly hope miletich gets royce....royce needs a fight with a standup guy after he kneed kens nuts lol.

But i agree kimbo vs royce would be fun and do well ratings wise.Honestly i don't mind legends fights its the freakshow fights thst give them a bad name keep that in japan.

Legends are great fights unless you do a aoki vs sakuraba fight....2 guys in similar age brackets fighting doesn't bother me especially royce he actually looked good.

Id like to see sakuraba vs royce too.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:54 pm
Seriously, the card was a fucking joke and the fights fucking sucked.

But hey, you all got Kimbo-Royce to look forward to, eh?

What an embarrassment.
fka
fka

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:01 pm
Kimbo and doo doo sucked,royce and Ken ended stupidly...,the rest of the card was good.

I enjoyed vassell vs newton and pineda vs sanchez.

More importantly tho is even after a horrible double headliner the fans came back the following week for a regular card.

Oh cdf47 i just read sean sherk wants to fight royce

http://m.sherdog.com/news/news/Sean-Sherk-Would-End-Retirement-to-Fight-Gracie-in-Bellator-Not-Interested-in-UFC-Return-100933
m1challengefan
m1challengefan

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:02 pm
Well its only a good thing that Bellator is doing good numbers even if
the cards aren't to the fans liking because the fact is that people will  say they won't be watching or that something is garbage but subconsciously they know they will be tuning in and that's why Coker is such a good promoter because he gets this concept and will build the organization up to a serious competitor against the UFC despite what the fans think.

Royce Gracie looked really great even though it was against Ken,what needs to happen next is to place Aoki against Royce at a catchweight now that I've seen that Royce can ko opponents this would be an excellent fight that would be a lot closer than people would think.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:15 pm
fka, I agree, it was great to see Bellator pull in a rating like this and there is not much anyone can say against it. Even after losing the main event, they still did really well.

Royce vs. Miletich would be a good legend fight as well and would do really well in the ratings.

I saw that Sherk wants to fight Royce. That would draw big ratings as well.

m1, yeah they definitely tune in for the Kimbo and Royce fights. I just read the peak was as high as 2.9 million....so no doubt they are tuning in.

Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:43 pm
kimbo is a very risky and inconsistent ace up bellator's sleeve, if they are smart they will continue to feed him cans and build him up as much as possible. I would have him rematch Sean Gannon now since we are on the theme of street fight marketing. For those who don't remember he was that cop that beat up kimbo in that video awhile back. Or let him build up to that fight I should say. Next opponent give him bob sapp!
fka
fka

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:11 pm
They don't need kimbo hes actually the main cause of peoples outcries...

They need to just have him fight rampage itd be big draw and give a lil boost to rampage while honorably moving on from kimbo.

Just do more legends stuff they draw big and atleast have skills to fight.

I think bellator needs to have a prelim leadin show with at least 2 fights before the main.it would expose more talent and give us more of a show.

An extra 100,000 tuned in last week as hangarounds from the freakshow event....sooner or later the real talent will shine.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:33 pm
True true I hear ya, I just think that they shouldnt give kimbo any legit opponent, keep feeding him freaks and keep that freakshow fight category going. I understand your point of feeding him to rampage as a moving on from kimbo type of move but I think there is a place for kimbo to continue to fight as long as it is in that freakshow fight format. It's better not to blur the line and mix things up between legit vs freak cause that would look even worse than freak vs freak, and this kimbo freak definitely brings that bread so it's in bellator's best interest to keep him fighting twice a year or more.

The more I think about that fight between Kimbo and Bob Sapp the more I like it, classic freak show fight that would bring in tons of viewers from the United States as well as Japan, and another good copromotion between RIZIN  and  bellator. A true definition of synergy.

Plus they both gas out quick so they match up perfectly.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:19 pm
Longtime Fan wrote:kimbo is a very risky and inconsistent ace up bellator's sleeve, if they are smart they will continue to feed him cans and build him up as much as possible. I would have him rematch Sean Gannon now since we are on the theme of street fight marketing. For those who don't remember he was that cop that beat up kimbo in that video awhile back. Or let him build up to that fight I should say. Next opponent give him bob sapp!

Gannon would be a good rematch. I remember there first fight.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:24 pm
Kimbo is such a big draw, I think Bellator and Viacom are going to keep him coming back. I like the idea of him fighting in Japan against Sapp on Spike TV.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:40 pm
Kimbo vs Mike Tyson! Or even Roy Jones Jr. Roy is fighting a fan next I believe so he could certainly fight Kimbo. Sapp is a good option too.

Royce Gracie vs Kimbo would be huge but I don't think it's possible in the U.S. due to the weight difference.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:47 pm
Kinosis wrote:Kimbo vs Mike Tyson!  Or even Roy Jones Jr.  Roy is fighting a fan next I believe so he could certainly fight Kimbo.  Sapp is a good option too.  

Royce Gracie vs Kimbo would be huge but I don't think it's possible in the U.S. due to the weight difference.  
Kimbo vs Aleks Emelianenko would be fun.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:36 pm
nodogoshi wrote:Seriously, the card was a fucking joke and the fights fucking sucked.

But hey, you all got Kimbo-Royce to look forward to, eh?

What an embarrassment.

Rolling LMAO JUST LOL at FKA!

I guess people will watch anything huh?

fka
fka

Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:55 pm
Yeah people watch EVERYTHING bellator puts out .....

Including highest amount of ppl for a non tentpole event since bellator 139...

People came right back the next week in good numbers....not much you can discredit.

People are starting to watch bellator more and more ......Smile
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:42 am
fka wrote:Yeah people watch EVERYTHING bellator puts out .....

Including highest amount of ppl for a non tentpole event since bellator 139...

People came right back the next week in good numbers....not much you can discredit.

People are starting to watch bellator more and more ......Smile

zzzzzz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum