GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This just in - the Jig is up

+8
Kinosis
Michał
RussianTopTeam
PRIDE NEVER DIE
ZuffaKiller
Wolfman
KSW
Misowaman
12 posters
Go down
Misowaman
Misowaman

This just in - the Jig is up Empty This just in - the Jig is up

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:03 pm
the jig is up sister

Alistair Overeem (36-11 MMA, 1-0 UFC) us unlikely to fight champion Junior Dos Santos (14-1 MMA, 8-0 UFC) for the UFC heavyweight title this summer at UFC 146.

Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the No. 1 heavyweight contender failed a pre-fight drug test conducted this past Tuesday following a press conference for UFC 146.

Overeem's "A" sample was flagged for an elevated T/E ratio that exeeded 10-to-1, well over the 6-to-1 limit. Kizer said the heavyweight has the right to request the test's "B" sample, which, if negative, would make him eligible to receive a fight license.

The former Strikeforce champion was among six top-billed fighters who were tested for the all-heavyweight pay-per-view event, which takes place May 26 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. All were tested for diuretics, masking agents, anabolic steroids and T/E ratios in addition to drugs of abuse.

Dos Santos, Frank Mir, Cain Velasquez, Roy Nelson and Antonio Silva all passed their tests.

It's not the first time Overeem has run afoul of the NSAC. He was granted a conditional license to fight Brock Lesnar at UFC 141 after missing a pre-fight drug test ordered by the commission, which reinstated out-of-competition testing this past July.

Answering to the commission via telephone during an NSAC hearing held three weeks prior to UFC 141, Overeem said he missed the test because he had flown back to his native Holland to care for his ailing mother and wasn't made aware of the obligation. When he got word, he submitted an invalid blood test conducted by his personal doctor and then submitted urine that wasn't tested.

The NSAC gave him a license on the condition that he submit to a drug test conducted by an accredited laboratory, which he did two days later (and subsequently passed), as well as pass a drug test upon arriving in the U.S. for the Lesnar fight and submit to two random tests.

This past Tuesday's test served as one of those random tests, which also followed a fight-night test at UFC 141.

Because Overeem's conditional license expired on Dec. 31, the NSAC will not receive a disciplinary complaint against him as it does for licensed athletes. Instead, he will need to appear before the commission should he choose to apply for a license, which notably, hadn't been filed for UFC 146.

With one half of May 26's event on the shelf, the UFC may give one of the main-card heavyweights an impromptu title shot.

I guess 146 is ruined.

Wait, what's that?
goatgoatgoatgoatgoatgoatgoat

Is that the sound of.... IT IS! IT'S THE FEDORCOPTER

This just in - the Jig is up Super-fedor
KSW
KSW

This just in - the Jig is up Empty Re: This just in - the Jig is up

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:06 pm
Shocked

Maybe the rumours are true.. Alistair Overoids
KSW
KSW

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:08 pm
Misowaman wrote:
Wait, what's that?
goatgoatgoatgoatgoatgoatgoat

Is that the sound of.... IT IS! IT'S THE FEDORCOPTER

This just in - the Jig is up Super-fedor
Lol, awesome picture of ze GOAT.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:11 pm
About time that happened. Took long, which proves today's drug tests are SHIT. Guy got gigantic and his jaw became bigger than the rest of his head, so i always believed he was using something.

Thanks for the news.

This just in - the Jig is up Happy-horse
ZuffaKiller

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:52 pm
he is not the demolition man, he is not REEM he is non other then whatpeople have been saying OVEROID and no hoarse meat can safe him now.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:11 pm
Apparently, Dana White has "No plan B"

He doesn't need plan b. He needs plan GOAT

#Emelianenko2012
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:40 pm
I dont give a fuck if hes on roids In fact I love it. Makes him more fun to watch.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:44 pm
2012 is such a terrible year for UBEREEM lol....first he gets sued by his old team, then he gets sued for beating the shit out of a helpless woman...and now this....

Michał
Michał

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:02 pm
HUNT VS JDS! M A K E IT H A P P E N! @DANAWHITE
Misowaman
Misowaman

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:17 pm
I just want to say, Vadim Finkelstein > Everyone.

"What's so interesting about him? His physique? He's a steroid bull. He doesn't even have any achievements. He's not worthy of Fedor, I believe. And noone even knows when he can fight in the USA. They are very strict with doping control over there, and I doubt Overeem can pass the test. He does not compete in America for two years already, seems like he still cannot clean the chemistry out of his system."

- Vadim Finkelstein circa 2010
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:19 pm
Why should Fedor go to the UFC to fight a bunch of steroid bulls? Bigfoot, Overeem and Carwin have all been busted.
monaroCountry

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:31 pm
Its called KARMA.

Overeem acted like a diva towards his team and family, bitched and moaned about Vadim and M-1, and lied and cheated his way. I still like him as a fighter but no longer like him as a person.

He deserves all that is happening to him. His riches now turns to dust, he wont get paid if he doesnt fight, and his hype is now forever tarnished.

Good job on the commission introducing random drug testing. This sounds like the Olympic style tests that M-1 was asking for.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:46 pm
^Yeah, he really has been acting like a diva lately. Though I enjoy watching his fights, he deserves all of this.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:48 pm
Damn Vadim is a prophet. He said 2 years, and in 2 years it happened. Dana seems to be pissed about it and he might cut Overoid from the UFC.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:20 pm
Even on sherdog a bunch of Vadim/M-1 threads got bumped and everyone who was bashing them had to eat crow on this one. Vadim wins again.
KSW
KSW

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:22 pm
Misowaman wrote:I just want to say, Vadim Finkelstein > Everyone.

"What's so interesting about him? His physique? He's a steroid bull. He doesn't even have any achievements. He's not worthy of Fedor, I believe. And noone even knows when he can fight in the USA. They are very strict with doping control over there, and I doubt Overeem can pass the test. He does not compete in America for two years already, seems like he still cannot clean the chemistry out of his system."

Vadim is our saviour

This just in - the Jig is up Vadim10
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:26 pm
Misowaman wrote:I just want to say, Vadim Finkelstein > Everyone.

LOLZ
rezin
rezin

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:49 pm
He'll fit right in. Everyone in the ufc has a testosterone level of 10-1.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:57 pm
Fedor is the only one that can save this main event. This was going to be an epic fight and epic card but losing the REEM really crushes things.

Fedor could bring this card back. I just wouldn't want to see him locked up in Zuffa and working for Dana but JDS vs. Fedor would be insane.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:59 pm
Kinosis wrote:Even on sherdog a bunch of Vadim/M-1 threads got bumped and everyone who was bashing them had to eat crow on this one. Vadim wins again.

Yup, I just saw that.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:18 pm
The only way that it happens is if Dana gets locked in a closet while a real man in Lorenzo deals with M-1. Dana is a boy playing a grown man's game.

Lorenzo is a business man, Dana is a mouthpiece, that's the way it's always been.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:36 pm
That'd be legendary if Hunt was brought up to ight (don't see it though).
ZuffaKiller

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:40 pm
lol mir thinks he will get chosen.
oh and Fedor does not need zuffa PERIOD!!!!!
ZuffaKiller

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 pm
Lol Bozoneedles quotes:

“I am beyond pissed about this,” White stated when speaking on the call as first reported by theStarPhoenix.com. “The worst part is that he sat in front of us and lied to us.”

“How (expletive) stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody who’s using right now is an absolute (expletive) moron,”

“It’s beyond, what’s the word I’m looking for, it’s beyond belief. It’s beyond comprehension. You’re an absolute moron, a brain dead absolute (expletive) dummy. It goes beyond a guy have any common sense whatsoever.”

“I don’t have a plan-B,”

“It doesn’t look good, does it? It doesn’t look good,”

PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:12 pm
who the fuck is that faggot dana to talk shit about the reem, it was clear he was on roids. You really shocked dana?
Dana has no room to talk he is a fucking steroid abuser also look at how his body has changed in the past year, if white didnt eat so much fucking taco bell his square ass ROID jaw would be showing.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum