GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion

+25
nhbnews
Marko90
m1challengefan
MR.WILLIE
God of Thunder
King of the North
wekka
iforgotmypassword
Snorzel
PhenomKing
westcott123
Rocksoldier84
Adax
CODELMJVG
InfinityLens
stu3ufc
nodogoshi
fatty
Rizin=PRIDEFC
FreeWarMachine
CDF47
fka
TeamJohnPerretti
Kinosis
Kingfedor
29 posters
Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion

Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:06 pm
^He is definitely the best Sumo wrestler we have seen in MMA so far, as far as transferring over to MMA (I understand some sumos have more prestige in their particular sport). He is a 400lbs guy and if he lands right, it's lights out for anyone. I assume as time goes on he will continue working his striking and perhaps even use some submissions.

I think against Cro Cop he will get his legs chopped to pieces with low kicks (if they fight).
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion

Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:16 pm
Kinosis wrote:^He is definitely the best Sumo wrestler we have seen in MMA so far, as far as transferring over to MMA (I understand some sumos have more prestige in their particular sport).  He is a 400lbs guy and if he lands right, it's lights out for anyone.  I assume as time goes on he will continue working his striking and perhaps even use some submissions.  

I think against Cro Cop he will get his legs chopped to pieces with low kicks (if they fight).  

I agree. I saw his improvements in striking against Fujita. I was impressed. He could have got that finish with just a tad bit more cardio. His strikes were landing and they were very powerful with that 400 lbs mass behind him.

Avoiding low kicks will definitely be a challenge for him. He will need to clinch up quickly if that starts happening and take the fight to the floor. A speedy HW striker may be tough for Baruto to contend with so he will have to game plan and train really well for them.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:16 pm
For the record, that Turkish (?) guy is also one of the best wrestlers to fight in MMA and perhaps the best greco roman wrestler (who tend to have a better track record than freestyle wrestlers--i.e. Randy Couture; Dan Henderson; Matt Lindland; Joe Warren; etc.)

The dude in the GP is a 2x world champion in greco (he had one of his world championships overturned due to a positive drug test--he was also barred from the 2012 Olympics for the same thing and banned for life from wrestling after his second world championship (2014?) was overturned).

Yoel Romero is likely the best freestyle wrestler to fight in MMA.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:12 pm
nodogoshi wrote:For the record, that Turkish (?) guy is also one of the best wrestlers to fight in MMA and perhaps the best greco roman wrestler (who tend to have a better track record than freestyle wrestlers--i.e. Randy Couture; Dan Henderson; Matt Lindland; Joe Warren; etc.)

The dude in the GP is a 2x world champion in greco (he had one of his world championships overturned due to a positive drug test--he was also barred from the 2012 Olympics for the same thing and banned for life from wrestling after his second world championship (2014?) was overturned).

Yoel Romero is likely the best freestyle wrestler to fight in MMA.

I wasn't aware of that. Those are some solid credentials. It says on Sherdog Amir is from Iran.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:33 am
I see CroCop and Aliakbari in finals fighting for GP belt.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:18 am
Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:I see CroCop and Aliakbari in finals fighting for GP belt.

You could be right. I could see that happening.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:09 pm
I love RIZIN

RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 16 ROflpItY
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:41 am
stu3ufc wrote:I love RIZIN

RIZIN 2 - World Grand Prix Results & Discussion - Page 16 ROflpItY

Same here
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum