GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Breaking News: Fedors win over Fabio Maldonaldo has been overturned and ruled a draw Empty Breaking News: Fedors win over Fabio Maldonaldo has been overturned and ruled a draw

Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:09 am
source https://twitter.com/ZidanSports/status/753949589896441857

Fedor's win against Fabio Maldonado has been overturned because of Fedor's relationship w/ the Russian MMA Union. New result is a draw.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Breaking News: Fedors win over Fabio Maldonaldo has been overturned and ruled a draw Empty Re: Breaking News: Fedors win over Fabio Maldonaldo has been overturned and ruled a draw

Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:26 am
I think that is fair decision and shows that Russian MMA union is doing much better job than all those so called commissions in U.S. because you will never see decision in UFC or Bellator or elsewhere ever overturned (if not drug test fail).
Dorch
Dorch

Breaking News: Fedors win over Fabio Maldonaldo has been overturned and ruled a draw Empty Re: Breaking News: Fedors win over Fabio Maldonaldo has been overturned and ruled a draw

Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:38 am
Theres much more bullshit wins which should have been loses, Fedor wins what should have been a draw and everyone loses their shit
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:46 am
I don't like that they changed the result, especially when the guy leading the change is Fedor's old manager, who Fedor had a falling out with. I wonder if Fedor's team will appeal. Obviously the President of M-1, a rival to EFN, leading this is just as much of a problem if not more, than the original issue.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:53 am
The Russian MMA Union has held firm on their refusal to overturn the original decision

World MMA head judge Radmir Gabdullin said: "The WMMAA can express their views, but do not have the right to influence the judge's decision on the Russian professional promotion. This situation I regard as an unfounded attempt to take away a well-deserved victory from Russian legend Fedor Emelianenko."

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/fabio-maldonados-appeal-against-result-of-fight-with-fedor-emelianenko-succeeds-with-wmmaa/87314
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:03 pm
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:24 pm
This whole thing could have been avoided if Fedor simply stepped down from his position the moment the fight got announced

there was ALWAYS a huge conflict of interest

wow thats crazy kinosis
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:32 pm
Karim Zidan is a piece of shit. I wish people would stop using him as a legit source.... just another TalkMMA/ Front Row Brian fake to me
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:46 pm
stu3ufc wrote:Karim Zidan is a piece of shit. I wish people would stop using him as a legit source.... just another TalkMMA/ Front Row Brian fake to me

He wrote the bloody elbow article I posted about the MMA Union not overturning it, after the sanctioning body did. Basically you have two different sanctioning bodies arguing with each other, the only thing is, it's the MMA Union that is over professional MMA. The other org is over amatuer bouts from what I can tell so they don't even have any authority to rule on this. This whole thing is making Russia MMA look like a joke and all political and giving the zuffa zombies ammo.

Was it a controversial decision in that some thought it was a draw? Yes. Does stuff like that happen all the time in the ufc and Bellator? Yes. It's really not a huge deal like people are making it out to be. If it wasn't Fedor involved in it, no one would have even cared after a day.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:52 pm
stu3ufc wrote:This whole thing could have been avoided if Fedor simply stepped down from his position the moment the fight got announced

there was ALWAYS a huge conflict of interest

wow thats crazy kinosis

Yeah, if Fedor is going to fight in Russia, he should probably step down just to avoid this kind of thing. Or just keep his position and fight in Japan and the U.S.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:30 pm
lmao im blocked by that faggot karim on twitter ahahah
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:03 pm
The MMA Union has not overturned it and said they will not overturn it. It's still a win for Fedor even though sherdog, etc have jumped the gun and changed the result. Not that I would expect anything else from "reporters" who are openly paid by the ufc.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:36 pm
The fight was not overturned by the sanctioning body but Sherdog changed it to a Draw.  That's crazy. At least the fight really was a Draw, but still, never seen this before.  Seen fights changed to NC after a state athletic commission in US officially changed the result which then showed up on Sherdog.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:02 pm
^Exactly. How can they rejudge the fight after the fact? What's the point in having judges if we are setting the precedent of going back and changing it because some people disagree. And yeah, why are websites like shilldog changing the result because some sanctioning body that isn't even over Russia MMA said it should be changed?
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:48 pm
Kinosis wrote:^Exactly.  How can they rejudge the fight after the fact?  What's the point in having judges if we are setting the precedent of going back and changing it because some people disagree.  And yeah, why are websites like shilldog changing the result because some sanctioning body that isn't even over Russia MMA said it should be changed?

Definitely, I agree. Not good.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:15 pm
CDF47 wrote:The fight was not overturned by the sanctioning body but Sherdog changed it to a Draw.  That's crazy. At least the fight really was a Draw, but still, never seen this before.  Seen fights changed to NC after a state athletic commission in US officially changed the result which then showed up on Sherdog.

But to them if it changed on shilldog that's all they need . those people going on about how corrupt russia is as if no other country has ever done any shady shit .
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:55 pm
^No kidding. The ufc just tried to help Lesnar skip out on his steroid tests until 4 weeks before the fight and he still failed it lol.

I did notice, sherdog changed it back to a win for Fedor.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:16 am
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:The fight was not overturned by the sanctioning body but Sherdog changed it to a Draw.  That's crazy. At least the fight really was a Draw, but still, never seen this before.  Seen fights changed to NC after a state athletic commission in US officially changed the result which then showed up on Sherdog.

But to them if it changed on shilldog that's all they need . those people going on about how corrupt russia is as if no other country has ever done any shady shit .

This is not good, I agree.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:18 am
Kinosis wrote:^No kidding.  The ufc just tried to help Lesnar skip out on his steroid tests until 4 weeks before the fight and he still failed it lol.  

I did notice, sherdog changed it back to a win for Fedor.

Great to here they changed it back!
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:29 am
Wikipedia still has it wrong, listed as a draw.
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:50 am
Kinosis wrote:Wikipedia still has it wrong, listed as a draw.

Yeah but of course the ufc shills will still hang onto it they will find anything to hate on the guy I guess for them they finally something new on their
I hate Fedor list especially since they only thing they could do is parrot the same shit over and over,
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:49 pm
westcott123 wrote:

Yeah but of course the ufc shills will still hang onto it they will find anything to hate on the guy I guess for them they finally something new on their
I hate Fedor list especially since they only thing they could do is parrot the same shit over and over,
\

Well, the only talking point they ever really had was he didn't fight in the UFC which is a dumb one since PRIDE was number 1 during his prime. I also love how the zombies claim he didn't fight great competition when he beat more UFC Champions then Frank Mir who had spent 15 years in the UFC.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:44 am
RuckerYeah: What is the World Mixed Martial Arts Association and why should I care what they have to say about the Fedor fight?

Great questions. Like you, Ruck, I woke up on Friday and found out that some organization called WMMAA had overturned the results of the Fedor Emelianenko-Fabio Maldanado fight on June 17 in St. Petersburg, Russia, and declared Emilianenko's split-decision victory a draw.

This was portrayed as a reputable news item, despite the fact that barely anyone, prior to Friday, had ever heard of the WMMAA, nor had it been cited as a credible authority by anyone, ever, on any matter related to MMA. At first I had to double-check that it wasn't simply a misspelling of WAMMA, the silly attempt at creating a sanctioning body about a decade ago which gave Fedor a title no one took seriously.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware the decision in favor of Emelianenko was pretty bad. But having some obscure group, who derive their authority from absolutely nothing tangible, act like they have the power to meddle is an even bigger farce. Sherdog and Wikipedia, the sport's de facto record keepers, nevertheless blindly went along with this and changed the result to a draw, even though, in the latter's case, WMMAA doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.

I mean, really. Let's run with this logic. I hereby announce the formation of the Intergalactic MMA Association, and as such, I officially overturn WMMAA's decision. And hey! I'm a New England Patriots fan. My brand-new World NFL Association has formally overturned Tom Brady's suspension.

No one would take this seriously, of course. And no one should take WMMAA's ruling seriously. Their ruling was based on allegations of conflict of interest, while WMMAA itself has Fedor listed as its honorary president. Come again?
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:48 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

\

Well, the only talking point they ever really had was he didn't fight in the UFC which is a dumb one since PRIDE was number 1 during his prime. I also love how the zombies claim he didn't fight great competition when he beat more UFC Champions then Frank Mir who had spent 15 years in the UFC.

I know i guess he should of been fighting the wes sims and the paul bauentellos of the world . Hell even joe ufc rogan   said they the ufc had a shitty heavyweight division . Yes pride was the top dog in fedor prime but of course you know they believe the whole pride corrupt  thing and ufc never does anything wrong .

Last edited by westcott123 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:22 pm

Changed back to a win on Wikipedia now too
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum