GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breakdown of opponents for Fedor

+7
CDF47
Longtime Fan
Misowaman
Wolfman
marchegiano
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Kinosis
11 posters
Go down

Who do you most want to see Fedor fight?

Babalu

Sylvia Rematch

Arlovski Rematch

Pedro Rizzo

Sokoudjou

Mizuno

Todd Duffee

Bobby Lashley

Rogers Rematch

View results

monaroCountry

Breakdown of opponents for Fedor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakdown of opponents for Fedor

Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:35 pm
marchegiano wrote:pish-posh-preposterous. I love Fedor, but those are legit losses.

Early stoppage for Henderson that Fedor was easily winning. The now evolved tactical Fedor twith his K-1 level kickboxing and training would easily anahilate Henderson.

Fedor's Bigfoot loss was unfortunate, unfortunate in that cuts can happen very easily, that he was still able to continue, and that because Fedor had the better gass tank on the night. Even with a dominant position, Bigfoot still couldnt finish Fedor off. Current Fedor wouldnt have any trouble with bigfoot especially with how he is able to keep his distance using kicks (I pointed this out before, how a normal game plan against bigger/taller guys would be kicks instead of punches since you are better able to keep your distance).

Fedor's only legit loss was from Werdum. But again im afraid that Fedor would simply keep the fight standing, the same way as what Overeem did and the same way that Fedor did against another ADCC world champion, BJJ champion and grappling world champion Jeff Monson.
monaroCountry

Breakdown of opponents for Fedor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakdown of opponents for Fedor

Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:49 pm
Frankly Fedor gave us 10 years at the top, fighting the best guys, so now at the end of his career if he fights some non top 10-15 guys, I am okay with that. I can understand not wanting to be locked down to a ufc contract where they basically own you. Unlike most of the guys in the ufc, the ufc did not make Fedor, so why should he be under their control? He doesn't need them to sell out events.
Fedor is his own man and doesnt need the UFC. The UFC does need him to make their fighters legit, afterall its hard to call your champ legit when they are like Brock or Cain (JDS is better but still cant be regarded as the legit best of the best).

Eventually the ufc will be cutting some guys, and that will open up some names for Fedor to fight. Plus things happen, the ufc could flop even more on fox, some scandal may hit, dana and his mob boys could die in a plane crash and someone decent will take over the ufc which could make Fedor interested in being there.

Ive never really regarded hype based ranking, ive always looked at the fighter and his achievements. Zuffa can shout to the heavens about having the top HW fighters, but there are many credible top fighters outside also who has the experine, skills, and fighter mentality. I wouldnt have any issues ranking Monson ahead of Cain especially when Monson has the experince, fighter mentality (missing in Brock), and proven ground and submission skills/achievements (that Cain lacks).
marchegiano
marchegiano

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:03 am
While I respect your opinion morano I simply don't agree. Hendo may have been quick I do concede that, but that was a pretty legit stoppage by BF. Yes, Fedor was able to continue, but he was definitely hurt enough for that call to be acceptable IMO. There's a big difference between the Big Foot injuries and his first loss.

Even though Hendo's stoppage over Fedor was a quick call it was still impressive. I'm not sure Fedor could have came back to win.

I did not intend to disagree with the rematch potentials, just the original loss status.
monaroCountry

Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:16 am
marchegiano wrote:While I respect your opinion morano I simply don't agree. Hendo may have been quick I do concede that, but that was a pretty legit stoppage by BF. Yes, Fedor was able to continue, but he was definitely hurt enough for that call to be acceptable IMO. There's a big difference between the Big Foot injuries and his first loss.

Even though Hendo's stoppage over Fedor was a quick call it was still impressive. I'm not sure Fedor could have came back to win.

I did not intend to disagree with the rematch potentials, just the original loss status.

Then lets just put Brock's win as a loss against Carwin, Mir's win a loss against Nog, and the multiple other Zuffa favourite fighters who were given ample time to recover.

There was even a question of Fedor being KO'ed the resoning by the third man was that his arm was folded in which is frankly idiotic. It was clear that Fedor was already moving and defending himself even priot to the ref stepping in.

Weve seen over and over where the popular, UFC money makers, and title fighters are given more time. Time that Fedor was not afforded with. If the referee cant do their job properly and stop fights based on prejudging the fighters ability to recover then Fedor would have also lost to that Japanese fighter, but no, unlike American refs the Japanese actually do the job properly.

As for the Bigfoot match, I stand by that. Again that was another instance of American shitty referee robbing Fedor.

marchegiano
marchegiano

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:54 am
I reckon you'll find nonsense when your overly sensitive to it everytime you look. Bigfoot was a good stoppage, Hendo was a close stoppage, but not an unheard of amount close. Yeah, you can give examples of fellas who's gone in their favor. Well, I can do the same. What does that prove? I stand by my prior post holistically. I disagree. When you've got guys who've been UFC most their career complaining about quick calls and slow calls it kind of throws this whole Fedor got called quick because he's Fedor out the window. It might be hard to accept because he's so popular else where, but in the states Fedor doesn't mean enough to arrange any type of favoritism. Most fans don't even know what Strikeforce is. Most fans don't know the sport's name isn't UFC. Fedor may have gotten a call I don't agree with, but it was still well with in the acceptable realm of bullshit calls. It's no more bullshit than any other call bullshit call. Tunney beat Dempsey. Buster Douglas KO'd Mike, and Fedor lost to Hendo.
monaroCountry

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:20 am
marchegiano wrote:I reckon you'll find nonsense when your overly sensitive to it everytime you look. Bigfoot was a good stoppage, Hendo was a close stoppage, but not an unheard of amount close. Yeah, you can give examples of fellas who's gone in their favor. Well, I can do the same. What does that prove? I stand by my prior post holistically. I disagree.
Bigfoot was not a good stoppage and I dont really even count that as a loss. Ive seen refs let a fight go with a bigger cut. Anyway, a win via a cut is bullshit IMO, it doesnt matter who it happens to. I guess, MMA fans and the American commission have been pussified as compared to the hard core action of yesteryear.

When you've got guys who've been UFC most their career complaining about quick calls and slow calls it kind of throws this whole Fedor got called quick because he's Fedor out the window. It might be hard to accept because he's so popular else where, but in the states Fedor doesn't mean enough to arrange any type of favoritism.

So you do agree that favouritism happens in America and especially in the UFC. I say that favouritism SHOULD never happen. It should be left to the fighter and if they can continue the let them continue. A fight shouldnt be cut short because a fighter isnt popular enough, or be allowed to continue just because said fighter happens to be a big money maker for the promotion.

Most fans don't even know what Strikeforce is. Most fans don't know the sport's name isn't UFC. Fedor may have gotten a call I don't agree with, but it was still well with in the acceptable realm of bullshit calls. It's no more bullshit than any other call bullshit call. Tunney beat Dempsey. Buster Douglas KO'd Mike, and Fedor lost to Hendo.

American fans are largely ignorant masses. Thats why they are called zombies. A bullshit call should never be tolerated but a bullshit call based on getting blessings from baldie Dana, the Fertitta sisters, and those who control MMA in America should be questioned and exposed.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:53 am
real mma fans knew strikeforce, zombies only know ufc.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:57 pm
I think Werdum and Hendo losses were legit. Fedor was fighting like crazy, with a bad training camp and threw away the gameplan, so its understandable, but that was his shot at becoming huge in america too and all that shit happened. Now Bigfoot fight they should at least give him a try at a third round. He's my fav of all time and i was pissed at this losses, but he changed now and i'm sure we'll see a much better Fedya.

About the fights, i really don't want to see any remach anymore. At least not until he fights the guys we all want like Kharitonov.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:41 pm
I hope he gets a chance to rematch at least 1 of the guys he lost to before his career is up. He also rematched TK and killed him. It is a shame that in Fedor's 4 losses, 3 of them are from a ref stopping it, not Fedor.
monaroCountry

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:23 pm

I think Werdum and Hendo losses were legit. Fedor was fighting like crazy, with a bad training camp and threw away the gameplan, so its understandable, but that was his shot at becoming huge in america too and all that shit happened. Now Bigfoot fight they should at least give him a try at a third round. He's my fav of all time and i was pissed at this losses, but he changed now and i'm sure we'll see a much better Fedya.

About the fights, i really don't want to see any remach anymore. At least not until he fights the guys we all want like Kharitonov.

Yeah, current Fedor has changed leaps and bounds from his crazy swing like crazy self when he was in strikeforce. He now has a gameplan, more patient, better striker, and getting back into grappling. He is also more patient and not just willy nilly fight in his opponents strength.

Id even put him as unbeatable again. Fedor was like this during his pride years, but started to get wreckless in his Affliction years.

I hope he gets a chance to rematch at least 1 of the guys he lost to before his career is up. He also rematched TK and killed him. It is a shame that in Fedor's 4 losses, 3 of them are from a ref stopping it, not Fedor.

Very true, he was robbed, simple as that.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum