GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Douglas Lima regrets mistakes: ‘I blacked out’ Empty Douglas Lima regrets mistakes: ‘I blacked out’

Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:35 pm
Douglas Lima came from a 9-win streak when met Ben Askren, at Bellator 64, last Friday. Dominated from the start, the Brazilian suffered with his opponent’s takedowns, and revealed to TATAME he didn’t feel comfortable fighting, said he did not do what he had trained to do and that is why he was defeated.

“I did a terrible job. I didn’t do what I trained to do. Before the bout I was feeling fine, but I couldn’t do it when I got in there. It wasn’t my night”, regret. “I was very disappointed because I really trained hard and I was ready, but it wasn’t meant to be. I’m training even more to come back with everything I’ve got”.

During the bout, Douglas had much trouble with the American’s Wrestling game, forcing him to go to the ground many times. When questioned about it, Lima guaranteed he knew about his opponent’s skills, but could not impose his game over his, and hopes to fix it for the next time.

“I knew he would be tough at Wrestling and that he would take me down eventually. But I expected more from me. I know I did everything wrong, but I hope to correct it and never let it happen again”, guaranteed.

“I even went for a submission, but I couldn’t get it right. He did a good job defending himself when I could sweep or do the stand-up game. We trained a lot and it worked on training, but when I fought I just blacked out. My bad”.

Despite regretting his mistakes, Douglas said he’s not letting his head down. Not knowing when he will be back, the athlete of American Top Team affirmed wanting to enter the cage as fast as he can and hopes for a possible rematch.

“I want to fight as soon as I can to forget this loss”, stated. “Of course I consider a rematch. The boss guaranteed I would be on the GP again. I just hope it doesn’t take too long because my with is to show what I really can do”, concluded.

http://www.tatame.com/2012/04/10/Douglas-Lima-regrets-mistakes--I-blacked-out
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum