GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Alexander Emelianenko: “I’m satisfied with the level of my last opponent and my performance” (Part two) Empty Alexander Emelianenko: “I’m satisfied with the level of my last opponent and my performance” (Part two)

Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:44 pm
In the second part of his interview Alexander Emelianenko talks about his trainings with professional boxers, possible fight with Jeff Monson and plans for the nearest future

- Are you OK with the fact that this fight may happen on the “hostile territory”?

- We will talk about it with Vadim, but generally I don’t mind, I’m ready to fight with Magomed anywhere

- How hard it was to overcome this defeat?

- It was like with any other defeat in my career. It happens. It’s heavyweight division. I missed his punch and referee decided to stop this fight. He knew better. I think, I will prove that it was a fluke for him when we will fight again

- After the fight with Tadas you and Fedor made a few photos with Monson. What you were talking about?

– Nothing serious, we just told a couple of jokes, asked him about his health

- Are you and Fedor in the good relations with Monson?

– We are in good relations with all fighters. We may fight with each other in the ring, but we’re cool with each other when fight is over. It’s just sport, nothing personal

- Would you like to fight with Jeff?

– I wouldn’t decline this offer, if I’ll get it someday. I don’t see any reasons why I couldn’t fight with Jeff

- Could you call some Russian heavyweights that represent the next generation and have the chance to be the best when you and Fedor will retire?

– I think, it’s too soon to talk about it. It’s better to take a look at the guys that we have right now

- You train with Fedor on the daily basis. Some people say that young fighters can’t progress when they train with Fedor, because he push them too hard to the limits and they can’t improve their skills. What can you say about it?

– I completely disagree with that. Everyone know that fighter can improve only when he trains with the better partners. The real problem is that young fighters simply don’t want to work hard enough. They come to trainings just to take a picture with Fedor or something like this.

Fedor always shares his tactical knowledge and experience with anyone who is interested in that. He never refused to help anyone. If some young fighters can’t learn anything training in the same gym with Fedor, maybe they are simply too lazy or not talented enough

- By the way, why does Fedor prefer to train with young fighters instead of some world class masters that he could invite from the other countries?

– I think, it’s better to ask him about it. We never spoke with him about it. If he does everything this way, it means that sparrings with me are good enough for him. Usually people don’t want to come just to help Fedor, they want to check themselves, how good they look against him

- What plans do you have for the nearest future? Maybe Bellator could be interesting for you? There is lower level of heavyweight opponents than in UFC

- I would like to fight in US. There are some certain offers, but I want to take one step at the time. First I will fix my technical problems, then I will go forward. At this moment I’m cool with what I’m having now

- Not so long time ago we had a chance to see you training with Russian professional boxer Denis Bakhtov. Are there any other boxers who help you with your preparations?

– Yes, I asked Denis to help me with my preparations a little bit. Also there were Alexander Kotlobay, Andrei Fedosov, Valeri Sbruev – they all help me regularly

- Would you like to continue you professional boxing career?

– I need to think about it. I have some offers, but I don’t have enough time for boxing matches at this moment. But if opponent, tournament and money will be good enough, why not?

http://www.m-1global.com/2012/04/10/alexander-emelianenko-im-satisfied-with-the-level-of-my-last-opponent-and-my-performance-par/
Kinosis
Kinosis

Alexander Emelianenko: “I’m satisfied with the level of my last opponent and my performance” (Part two) Empty Re: Alexander Emelianenko: “I’m satisfied with the level of my last opponent and my performance” (Part two)

Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:51 pm
Thanks for posting, good interview!
ZuffaKiller

Alexander Emelianenko: “I’m satisfied with the level of my last opponent and my performance” (Part two) Empty Re: Alexander Emelianenko: “I’m satisfied with the level of my last opponent and my performance” (Part two)

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:02 pm
^^^no problem
Wolfman
Wolfman

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 pm
Thanks for the interview. It was really interesting. Seems like Aleks is finally on track now. Let's see how it goes from now on.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum