GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Marlon Sandro expects Strauss to defeated Corey, talks Bellator’s finale Empty Marlon Sandro expects Strauss to defeated Corey, talks Bellator’s finale

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:27 pm
Marlon Sandro has been keeping the good momentum in Bellator. After a complicated fight with Alexandre Popo, he talked to TATAME and commented his win against another Brazilian and told what his expectations for the GP finals are.

About the Popo fight, Marlon affirmed he foresaw a complicated fight, but said he was actually surprised that his opponent lasted three rounds.

“I was hoping for a tough fight, but not quite as much. He held in there. We did much in the first couple of rounds, so it got complicated. When I realized my coups weren’t hurting him as much as I wanted, I started scoring some points, trying to find a way to knock him out or submit him. I couldn’t do it after all”.

The featherweight had an opportunity to fight the Bellator tournament once, but was defeated by Pat Curran, in 2011. Now the Nova Uniao athlete will have another chance to fight for the GP title, in case he gets one more win.

“I’m actually cool about it. Because of everything I’ve done, I rather think about the fight and not oversee my wills. I got two wins. Now I’m waiting to see who win: if it’s Daniel Strauss or Mike Corey”.

Marlon swears to watch the fight between the Americans, this Friday (13th), and believes Daniel Strauss will win. Thinking about the possibility, Sandro commented that, in case he is right, he will have some difficulties on the tournament’s finale.

"I guess Strauss gets this one. It’s a complicated fight. He’s a left-handed, a good stand-up, a good wrestler, good at defensive takedowns. I’ll analyze him, wait to see who wins and set a game plan for the victory”, said.

http://www.tatame.com/2012/04/12/Marlon-Sandro-expects-Strauss-to-defeated-Corey-talks-Bellators-finale
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum