GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Badr Hari Officially Returning to K-1

+6
RussianTopTeam
StillWill
KSW
rezin
PRIDE NEVER DIE
ZuffaKiller
10 posters
Go down
ZuffaKiller

Badr Hari Officially Returning to K-1 Empty Badr Hari Officially Returning to K-1

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:15 pm
I feel like we have reached critical mass for the rumor of Badr Hari making his K-1 return. Ever since Badr Hari was talking about retirement, I've been telling people that for the right price and the right opportunity, Badr Hari would kickbox again. I strongly felt that it would be under the K-1 banner as there is a certain level of prestige that comes along with fighting for K-1, even if the company is presenting itself as a whole new company. To top it off, the money that is on the table for the K-1 World Grand Prix is a huge $1 million USD. That is a lot of money.

Over the past few weeks we've been getting a lot of reports on the goings on of Badr Hari, but felt like out of respect to some of our sources, we'd hold off. The reports have been interesting, to say the least. Reports are coming from New York from the last few weeks that not only was Badr Hari in town and working on his hands, he was working on his knees and kicks as well. We've heard from enough excited New Yorkers who've seen Badr Hari around or kicking the pads to know this isn't made up. Then there was talk of Badr Hari being back at Mike's Gym and training as well.

Now the rumor is circulating that Badr Hari has signed a new contract with It's Showtime which would place him in the K-1 field. Remember, for right now, this is a rumor, but one which we believe will materialize in short order.

UPDATE: Bloodstain Lane confirmed with Mike Passenier this morning, this
http://twitter.com/#!/BloodstainLane/statuses/191991027081547777
ZuffaKiller

Badr Hari Officially Returning to K-1 Empty Re: Badr Hari Officially Returning to K-1

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:22 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Badr Hari Officially Returning to K-1 Empty Re: Badr Hari Officially Returning to K-1

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:35 pm
cheers
rezin
rezin

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:14 pm
So, no boxing?
ZuffaKiller

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 pm
I think the money from K-1 got his interest. It would have been cool if he boxed.
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:39 am
I knew it, awesome
StillWill
StillWill

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:47 pm
They offered him too much money too refuse
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:25 pm
good for Badr and i'm glad he's back to doing what he does best
Michał
Michał

Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:28 am
Glad his back to his home.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:04 am
then bloodstain said he misunderstood what mike said.
ZuffaKiller

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:31 am
K-1 Issues a Press Release: Badr Hari is Back

We could have already told you this, but everything is official now; Badr Hari is returning to K-1. K-1 Global issued a press release via BusinessWire this morning that Badr Hari is training with Naazim Richardson for Boxing, yes, but that K-1 made him an offer that he could not refuse. Badr will continue pushing forward in his Boxing career, as he believes he'll be a world champion within three years, but he wants to have one more shot at the K-1 World Grand Prix.

Badr Hari's first fight under the K-1 Global banner is slated to be on May 27th, the press release states, in a qualifying bout which will be announced shortly. They plan on Badr fighting for them in October in the Final 16 and hopefully in December in New York for the Final 8

Badr Hari Wants to Become the K-1 World Grand Prix Champion!

The new organization K-1 Global Limited President, Mr. Mike Kim, announced today they have signed one of the biggest fighters in the world, Badr Hari, to fight for a chance to become the 2012 K-1 World Grand Prix Champion in New York in December.

Badr Hari is currently training in the USA with the world-famous maker of champions, Naazim Richardson. Hari’s goal is to become a World Boxing Champion within three years.

Hari stated he’s excited about training with Richardson: “I have just finished the first six weeks of intensive training, including a high altitude training camp in California. I am in great shape and we have made a plan for the next three years, leading to the ultimate goal... becoming the world heavyweight champion in boxing. The past weeks we’ve been working mostly on my technique as a boxer.”

Richardson added he believes in Hari’s incredible potential: “Every century, a number of unique talents are born. Those talents have the capacity to make it to the absolute top of the world. Badr is one of those unique talents. He has the perfect fighting mentality, an amazing reach, an incredible punch, and technically it’s looking great. On top of that, his physique works to his advantage. He is the ultimate fighting machine. I support Badr's wish to take one more shot at the K-1 World Grand Prix Title. It's also his way of showing respect to the sport of kickboxing.

“This move will not interfere with our training program and says everything about his unique status in the world. No matter where in the world, everyone wants to see Badr fight. He will probably be the first martial artist in the world who will be the greatest in multiple disciplines.”

Badr Hari commented: “They (K-1) have gone far in persuading me to show the world who is currently the best kickboxer on the planet. I think this is a beautiful challenge. At the same time, I will continue my planned route, with full enthusiasm, to become the world champion in boxing. I would love to retire internationally as the K-1 World Grand Prix champion. That's a title that's not yet on my record. K-1 has convinced me to say yes to their proposal of fighting one last time on the international stage.”

Mr. Mike Kim, president of K-1 Global Limited, is proud to have Badr Hari fight for K-1 remarking: “This was one of our biggest wishes. He is the biggest and most sensational fighter in the world. The attention and exposure will be huge and everybody wants to see him fight one more time at the international stage.”

Hari's first fight will take place on May 27 in Madrid, Spain. If he wins, he will also participate in the final qualifications in October in Asia and the K-1 World Grand Prix Final in New York in December. Hari is convinced he will strap the belt around his waist in December, saying, “It's a beautiful thought to show all my fans in the world one more time who the best K-1 fighter is.”

http://liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1467:k-1-issues-a-press-release-badr-hari-is-back&catid=36:k-1
Misowaman
Misowaman

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:06 am
probably best. I like Badr, but he wasn't going to go anywhere in Boxing.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Sat May 05, 2012 8:18 am
he's stil going to do boxing misowaman.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Sat May 05, 2012 9:34 am
I don't see why he'd do poorly. He's great pressure hooks, and a chin. There has been many-a-boxer with little more.
rezin
rezin

Sat May 05, 2012 9:59 am
^ He has a jaw bone, that's true. I wouldn't say a chin though.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum