GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:00 am
ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Acb11
One FC  52
April 21, 2017
Mall of Asia Arena
Manila, PhilippinesONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svg

Main Card:
ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svgEduard Folayang (17-5)        vs.                  (11-3) Ev TingONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg  
Co-Main Event | ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Title_belt-2c12566995aef55859eff709a3781fbf Title Fight | Lightweight | 155 lbs (70 kg)

ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svgKevin Belingon (14-5)           vs.             (11-4) Toni TauruONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg  
Co-Main Event | Bantamweight | 135 lbs (61 kg)

ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgChristian Lee (5-1)                vs.           (5-2) Keanu SubbaONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg  
Main Card | Featherweight | 145 lbs (66 kg)

ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svgHonorio Banario (11-6)          vs.          (15-9) Robert LisitaONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg  
Main Card | Lightweight | 155 lbs (70 kg)

ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svgEugene Toquero (8-4)            vs.     (4-0) Stefer RahardianONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Indonesia.svg   
Main Card | Flyweight | 125 lbs (57 kg)

ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svgDanny Kingad (5-0)               vs.   (2-1) Muhammad AimanONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg  
Main Card | Flyweight | 125 lbs (57 kg)

ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svgMichelle Nicolini (3-1)             vs.           (2-0) Irina MazepaONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg  
Main Card | Female Flyweight | 125 lbs (57 kg)
Undefeated welterweight Ben Askren is likely to be back in action on APR. 21, when he will defend his title at a ONE Championship card in Manila. That’s according to Chatri Sityodtong, who was interviewed by ABS/CBN Sports earlier this week.

Askren (15-0-0-1) was last seen scoring a unanimous decision win over Nikolay Aleksakhin  in April . He is one of ONE Championship’s biggest stars. Putting him on the Manila card would demonstrate how serious the promotion is about expanding its presence in Philippines.

The obvious choice of opponent for Askren would be Luis Santos (63-9-1-1). The first fight between the two men ended in a controversial no contest with the Brazilian complaining he had been poked in the eye.

Sityodtong Also announced that Eduard Folayang will make his first title defense in Manila.

Folayang (17-5) captured ONE's lightweight crown back in November after shocking the world by knocking out Japanese MMA legend Shinya Aoki in the third round.

Last edited by Kingfedor on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:37 am; edited 3 times in total
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:32 am
santos failed to make weight the 2nd time tho
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:21 pm
Who's Askren? I forget.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:10 am
^^^That guy who's career is being wasted fighting cans.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:35 pm
ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 13843778692013060402ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny Folayang vs. Ting - April 21 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 20120628034752_evting
Eduard Folayang will defend the lightweight title against Ev Ting at ONE Championship: Kings of Destiny on April 21

Eduard “Landslide” Folayang of the legendary Team Lakay in Baguio City is one of the Philippines’ most experienced mixed martial artists. After nearly a decade of competing in various promotions, Folayang has amassed an impressive 17-5 mixed martial arts record. The 33-year-old veteran has authored a career resurgence in 2016, winning three consecutive matches against high-profile opponents and showcasing a highly-improved wrestling and grappling offensive arsenal. In his last bout, Folayang shocked the world by capturing the ONE Lightweight World Championship belt with a sensational victory over Japanese legend Shinya Aoki. He will be making his first title defense against Ev Ting. 

Ev “E.T.” Ting is a mixed martial artist of Malaysian heritage. He lives and trains out of Auckland, New Zealand, and owns a stellar 13-3 win-loss record so far in his professional career. A winner of his last four bouts over top-caliber foes, Ting is one of the most talented mixed martial artists to come out of Malaysia. Eight of his 13 victories have come by exciting finish, including four submissions and four knockouts. Ting secured a date with Folayang when he notched a split decision win over former title challenger Kamal Shalorus last February.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:40 pm
Pulling for Folayang to hold on to his belt.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:25 pm
Balls. Folayang is on this?!! This is gonna be awesome! He just saved the card!

(I mean, seriously, who's this Askren guy? I don't recognize him.)
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:46 pm
Yeah, Askren and Folayang. They are stacking up this card.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:41 pm
CDF47 wrote:Yeah, Askren and Folayang.  They are stacking up this card.

This really is gonna be a good card. I mean, yeah, no soccer kicks, and Askren's been out so long I forgot who he was, but, ONE really has built up some great fighters that they are still the top dogs in the game.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:04 pm
Hamilcar wrote:

This really is gonna be a good card.  I mean, yeah, no soccer kicks, and Askren's been out so long I forgot who he was, but, ONE really has built up some great fighters that they are still the top dogs in the game.

I know, I can't believe they get rid of that soccer kick rule. Makes no sense to me. I just really hope they line up Santos or someone else real good for Askren.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:52 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Hamilcar wrote:

This really is gonna be a good card.  I mean, yeah, no soccer kicks, and Askren's been out so long I forgot who he was, but, ONE really has built up some great fighters that they are still the top dogs in the game.

I know, I can't believe they get rid of that soccer kick rule.  Makes no sense to me.  I just really hope they line up Santos or someone else real good for Askren.

No way. Screw Santos. He had his chances. Get someone else.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:25 pm
Hamilcar wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Hamilcar wrote:

I know, I can't believe they get rid of that soccer kick rule.  Makes no sense to me.  I just really hope they line up Santos or someone else real good for Askren.

No way.  Screw Santos.  He had his chances.  Get someone else.

I know, just still really want to see that fight. I think Santos might be able to take out Askren. Either way, it would be interesting if it actually happened but I see where you're coming from.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:10 am
Askren Name  has disappeared again
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:01 pm
^Unreal
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:50 pm
Kingfedor wrote:Askren Name  has disappeared again

This guy needs to fight no matter what.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:34 pm
What the fuck is up with Askren? ONE really needs to have their champions more active.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:01 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:What the fuck is up with Askren? ONE really needs to have their champions more active.

No kidding, I agree.  Not sure what is going on with this.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:14 pm
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:37 pm
Kingfedor wrote:

I forgot how bad Folyang put a beatdown on Aoki. This was a good reminder. Hope he holds onto the belt for a while.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:29 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Kingfedor wrote:

I forgot how bad Folyang put a beatdown on Aoki.  This was a good reminder.  Hope he holds onto the belt for a while.

Agreed. Folayang is a good and fun fighter to watch. He also comes off as one of those likable guys as well that you want to do well. Best of all, he's more committed to ONE than Aoki and we're seeing it giving the quick return.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:04 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Kingfedor wrote:

I forgot how bad Folyang put a beatdown on Aoki.  This was a good reminder.  Hope he holds onto the belt for a while.

Agreed. Folayang is a good and fun fighter to watch. He also comes off as one of those likable guys as well that you want to do well. Best of all, he's more committed to ONE than Aoki and we're seeing it giving the quick return.

Great points. I could see him holding on to that belt for a while. He was a hyped up top prospect when ONE FC first began but he had a rough start, but now he has the belt.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum