GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

UFC 211: Miocic vs. Dos Santos 2 - May 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty UFC 211: Miocic vs. Dos Santos 2 - May 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sun May 07, 2017 4:31 pm
UFC 211: Miocic vs. Dos Santos 2 - May 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) C8HxFsIVwAI5EBu
UFC 211
May 13, 2017
American Airlines Arena
Dallas, Texas

Main Card
Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic (Champion) vs. Junior dos Santos 
Women's Strawweight: Joanna Jędrzejczyk (Champion) vs. Jéssica Andrade 
Welterweight: Demian Maia vs. Jorge Masvidal
Featherweight: Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodríguez
Flyweight: Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pettis

Preliminary Card
Lightweight: Eddie Alvarez vs. Dustin Poirier
Featherweight: Chas Skelly vs. Jason Knight
Middleweight: Krzysztof Jotko vs. Dave Branch
Lightweight: Marco Polo Reyes vs. James Vick
Women's Strawweight: Jessica Aguilar vs. Cortney Casey
Featherweight: Jared Gordon vs. Michel Quinones
Heavyweight: Chase Sherman vs. Rashad Coulter
Featherweight: Gabriel Benítez vs. Enrique Barzola
Light Heavyweight: Joachim Christensen vs. Gadzhimurad Antigulov
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

UFC 211: Miocic vs. Dos Santos 2 - May 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: UFC 211: Miocic vs. Dos Santos 2 - May 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sun May 07, 2017 4:31 pm
I am pulling for Dos Santos to get the HW title back.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

UFC 211: Miocic vs. Dos Santos 2 - May 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: UFC 211: Miocic vs. Dos Santos 2 - May 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Tue May 09, 2017 8:26 am
Cigano and Demian Maia!!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue May 09, 2017 2:40 pm
stu3ufc wrote:Cigano and Demian Maia!!

Exactly....and Eddie.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri May 12, 2017 6:11 am
I hope also to see Andrade become new champ
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Fri May 12, 2017 10:40 pm
I like JDS but I would prefer Miocic. I would like to see Maia win and hopefully will get a title shot.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat May 13, 2017 10:13 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:I like JDS but I would prefer Miocic. I would like to see Maia win and hopefully will get a title shot.

Maia win should earn him a title shot for sure.  He's on a 6 fight win streak.  

JDS is one of my favorites so I usually pull for him.  Miocic is a real good champ but I think JDS might take this one again.  Should be a great fight either way.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat May 13, 2017 5:30 pm
Some big fights coming up tonight. They put a good one together.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat May 13, 2017 8:48 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:I like JDS but I would prefer Miocic. I would like to see Maia win and hopefully will get a title shot.

JDS is one of my favorites so I usually pull for him.  Miocic is a real good champ but I think JDS might take this one again.  Should be a great fight either way.

Unfortunately for Maia, he doesn't talk much and the UFC has shown they don't care about win streaks or who's the more deserving.

As for the HW Title fight, not sure who will win but I may go with Miocic as I thought he won the last fight and I feel JDS has somewhat declined after the third Velasquez fight. Not to mention that he's not been very active since as he's usually fought a fight a year.

Oh yeah. I also want to point out that I did like Branch winning because if he lost then the zombies would do their usual "He was never good to begin with".

Last edited by Rocksoldier84 on Sun May 14, 2017 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun May 14, 2017 5:12 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Unfortunately for Maia, he doesn't talk much and the UFC has shown they don't care about win streaks or who's the more deserving.

As for the HW Title fight, not sure who will win but I may go with Miocic as I thought he won the last fight and I feel JDS has somewhat declined after the third Velasquez fight. Not to mention that he's not been very active since as he's usually fought a fight a year.

Very true. Glad Maia was told he would get title shot now. It's well deserved and past due.

You were right. Stipe looks excellent right now. Not sure who is next in line for him. They may need to start shopping for more free agents to build up.

Overall, it was a great night of fights.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun May 14, 2017 7:05 am
Great win for stipe no one can beat JJ at 115 it is good to see maia finally gets a shot

.The Eddie fight the commission needs to get  together and find a common ground on what is a grounded opponent of course it doesn't help with the "this move is dirty " or some one will die" crowd
Of course now they're claiming stipe is the goat heavyweight I admit seen comments here and there but man do they get desperate it just seems as soon as a ufc heavyweight defends twice all of a sudden "his the best "

for me for some one to eclipse Fedor they would have to defend 6x after all  Fedor has the most title defences in heavyweight history 3 in pride 2 for wamma I know it isn't the same organization but I hope people get my drift.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sun May 14, 2017 9:40 am
westcott123 wrote:Great win for stipe no one can beat JJ at 115 it is good to see maia finally gets a shot

.The Eddie fight the commission needs to get  together and find a common ground on what is a grounded opponent of course it doesn't help with the "this move is dirty " or some one will die" crowd
Of course now they're claiming stipe is the goat heavyweight I admit seen comments here and there but man do they get desperate it just seems as soon as a ufc heavyweight defends twice all of a sudden "his the best "

for me for some one to eclipse Fedor they would have to defend 6x after all  Fedor has the most title defences in heavyweight history 3 in pride 2 for wamma I know it isn't the same organization but I hope people get my drift.

Agree on the first three.

For the Eddie fight, I fucking hate the grounded knee rule. Get rid of it. End of story. I'm tired of pussy fans who whine about the dangers of soccer kicks and grounded knees despite being perfectly fine with head kicks and knees standing up. Your skull doesn't soften on the ground. Not to mention that PRIDE didn't have incidents doing it. Hell, Chuck Liddell is more punch drunk than the PRIDE legends.

As for Miocic, I'm not surprised. I agree that it gets ridiculous to hear this. I remember them saying Cain was the heavyweight goat 3 1/2 years ago. I like Cain but how has that turned out? Also, I like Miocic and happy for him but everybody knows JDS is passed his prime and has been for years. He hasn't looked good since he beat Mark Hunt four years ago. Sadly, the zombies will get more obnoxious as soon as someone makes three successful title defenses. I hate Zombies.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun May 14, 2017 5:28 pm
^^ Exactly they do not want to accept the fact that a mma fighter can be an all time great without ever fighting in the ufc. On of course the ufc only got to where it is today due to it managing to buy out pride wec and strike force .I know the zombies would just say "no its because of tuf " and Dana let's be realistic if those 3 orgs didn't shut down would those guys ended up in the ufc ? I doubt it
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon May 15, 2017 11:15 am
westcott123 wrote:Great win for stipe no one can beat JJ at 115 it is good to see maia finally gets a shot

Great points.  Glad the Eddie fight was an NC because he was battered and his one eye was nearly swollen shut and he threw a knee at a grounded fighter.  It is hard for fighters to determine that so quickly in the middle of a fight after taking a beating especially.

I heard them calling Stipe best HW...LOL.  He is a great HW champ right now but in my mind he will need to go 10 years undefeated and have as many straight wins and title defenses as Fedor had before starting to think about calling him MMA GOAT which Fedor holds the title to.
westcott123
westcott123

Mon May 15, 2017 9:39 pm
^^ even if a person took of the "cans" and "freak shows" of Fedor's record he would still have the most impressive resume at heavyweight.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon May 15, 2017 10:02 pm
westcott123 wrote:^^ Exactly they do not want to accept the fact that a mma fighter can be an all time great without ever fighting in the ufc. On of course the ufc only got to where it is today due to it managing to buy out pride wec and strike force .I know the zombies would just say "no its because of tuf " and Dana let's be realistic if those 3 orgs didn't shut down would those guys ended up in the ufc  ? I doubt it

Absolutely. Hell, look at where they're at now. Any coincidence that they're on the decline and haven't bought a company out in six years while other companies are on the rise and are the ones taking UFC talent instead of the other way around? UFC hasn't been able to buy out competition which means they can't absorb rosters into their own and take other company's hard work. They struggle to build new stars and they either hand pick those with a look like it's professional wrestling or those that appeared on Dana White's reality show. The fighters are now realizing that UFC isn't the only game in town anymore and their grip is loosening.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon May 15, 2017 10:14 pm
westcott123 wrote:^^ even if a person took of the "cans" and "freak shows" of Fedor's record he would still have the most impressive resume at heavyweight.

The funny thing about Fedor is that for all the talk about him fighting cans or never fighting in the UFC but he's beaten more UFC champions then fighters who fight in the UFC. I don't think Miocic has beaten as many former UFC Champions and Frank Mir didn't despite spending 15 years in the company. Not counting his RINGS opponents which was early in his career and MMA was much different in 2000 than now, I think Fedor only fought 3 cans in Yuji Nagata, Zuluzinho, and Hong Man Choi. Even then, he had reasons. Nagata was a quick and good payday. Zuluzinho was there because other than Kharitonov, there wasn't anyone else as Fedor either already beat them or they were coming off losses. Choi was at a time when Fedor was in between promotions and Yarennoka! was a PRIDE farewell show with a lot of PRIDE alumni not available so they probably wanted him badly and were willing to put him with anybody.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue May 16, 2017 12:31 pm
westcott123 wrote:^^ even if a person took of the "cans" and "freak shows" of Fedor's record he would still have the most impressive resume at heavyweight.

Definitely, I agree.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue May 16, 2017 12:32 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

The funny thing about Fedor is that for all the talk about him fighting cans or never fighting in the UFC but he's beaten more UFC champions then fighters who fight in the UFC. I don't think Miocic has beaten as many former UFC Champions and Frank Mir didn't despite spending 15 years in the company. Not counting his RINGS opponents which was early in his career and MMA was much different in 2000 than now, I think Fedor only fought 3 cans in Yuji Nagata, Zuluzinho, and Hong Man Choi. Even then, he had reasons. Nagata was a quick and good payday. Zuluzinho was there because other than Kharitonov, there wasn't anyone else as Fedor either already beat them or they were coming off losses. Choi was at a time when Fedor was in between promotions and Yarennoka! was a PRIDE farewell show with a lot of PRIDE alumni not available so they probably wanted him badly and were willing to put him with anybody.

That is a great point.
westcott123
westcott123

Wed May 17, 2017 9:34 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:^^ Exactly they do not want to accept the fact that a mma fighter can be an all time great without ever fighting in the ufc. On of course the ufc only got to where it is today due to it managing to buy out pride wec and strike force .I know the zombies would just say "no its because of tuf " and Dana let's be realistic if those 3 orgs didn't shut down would those guys ended up in the ufc  ? I doubt it

Absolutely. Hell, look at where they're at now. Any coincidence that they're on the decline and haven't bought a company out in six years while other companies are on the rise and are the ones taking UFC talent instead of the other way around? UFC hasn't been able to buy out competition which means they can't absorb rosters into their own and take other company's hard work. They struggle to build new stars and they either hand pick those with a look like it's professional wrestling or those that appeared on Dana White's reality show. The fighters are now realizing that UFC isn't the only game in town anymore and their grip is loosening.

100℅ it has been a few year's since they bought out a rival org and their product is now stale which is why they have to do these wwe type match ups ,Bellator is doing great Rizin is becoming very popular not only in Japan but world wide one fc has south east Asia on lock down .Rizin in a few years time would most likely become top dog in northern Asia that's over a billion people then acb and ksw in Europe .As you said fighters are now realising that there is more to mma then just the ufc
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed May 17, 2017 10:53 pm
The UFC's grip is getting looser. It seems like people are starting to see through it. The company is embarrassing as they resort to either these "money fights" or they scout talent via a reality show starting the biggest star they ever made in Dana White or you have WWE like confrontations between Kevin Lee & Michael Chiesa which looked so fake. Fighters are sick of Reebok and the lack of sponsorship money. It will be one the greatest days in MMA history when Dana is out on his obnoxious overrated ass.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu May 18, 2017 4:45 pm
It's great seeing the fighters having all these other options. It is best for them and for us as fight fans.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu May 18, 2017 9:41 pm
CDF47 wrote:It's great seeing the fighters having all these other options.  It is best for them and for us as fight fans.  

100℅ and it would be great if they had an Olympic type version where the champions come together every 4 years and fight and whom ever wins is the best in that weight class like a mma world games or something
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri May 19, 2017 12:38 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:It's great seeing the fighters having all these other options.  It is best for them and for us as fight fans.  

100℅ and it would be great if they had an Olympic type version where the champions come together every 4 years and fight and whom ever wins is the best in that weight class like a mma world games or something

I always hoped for something like that, Super Bowl of MMA, every two to four years with champs from different orgs. competing around the world. They could fight under JMMA rules in a ring one year and then under unified rules the next time out. Would be great for the sport.
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Sat May 20, 2017 3:59 am
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:

I always hoped for something like that, Super Bowl of MMA, every two to four years with champs from different orgs. competing around the world. They could fight under JMMA rules in a ring one year and then under unified rules the next time out. Would be great for the sport.

This has been long overdue. Needs to happen.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum