GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

UFC Fight Night 110: Hunt vs. Lewis (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty UFC Fight Night 110: Hunt vs. Lewis (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:11 pm
UFC Fight Night 110: Hunt vs. Lewis (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 9k=
UFC Fight Night 110: Hunt vs. Lewis
June 10, 2017
Vector Arena
Auckland, New Zealand

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)
Heavyweight: Derrick Lewis vs. Mark Hunt
Middleweight: Derek Brunson vs. Dan Kelly
Lightweight: Dan Hooker vs. Ross Pearson
Light Heavyweight: Ion Cutelaba vs. Henrique da Silva
Flyweight: Tim Elliott vs. Ben Nguyen
Featherweight: Alexander Volkanovski vs. Mizuto Hirota

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Lightweight: Damien Brown vs. Vinc Pichel
Flyweight: John Moraga vs. Ashkan Mokhtarian
Welterweight: Luke Jumeau vs. Dominique Steele
Welterweight: Kiichi Kunimoto vs. Zak Ottow

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Women's Strawweight: JJ Aldrich vs. Chan-Mi Jeon
Lightweight: Thibault Gouti vs. Dong Hyun Kim
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

UFC Fight Night 110: Hunt vs. Lewis (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: UFC Fight Night 110: Hunt vs. Lewis (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:15 pm
I hope Hunt gets the walkoff KO in this one.  Lewis is dangerous though.
Kinosis
Kinosis

UFC Fight Night 110: Hunt vs. Lewis (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: UFC Fight Night 110: Hunt vs. Lewis (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:08 am
If Hunt can still take a punch at all he should win this one. He is a much better striker from a technical level. He has been KO'd a few times lately, one of them being just 3 months ago. That worries me a bit. Should be entertaining either way.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:18 pm
Kinosis wrote:If Hunt can still take a punch at all he should win this one.  He is a much better striker from a technical level.  He has been KO'd a few times lately, one of them being just 3 months ago.  That worries me a bit.  Should be entertaining either way.

I feel the same way. This is one of those UFC fights I am really looking forward to. Always cool to see Mark Hunt fighting and Lewis has been impressive (aside from his last fight which he still won).
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:10 pm
CDF47 wrote:I hope Hunt gets the walkoff KO in this one.  Lewis is dangerous though.

Be great to see the walk of knock out as for the co main this should test to see if Dan Kelly is ready for the top ten I know he has that win of rashard but rashard Is on the down slide and had never competed in the 84kg division .
Still I'm rooting for hunt and Kelly super Samoan and the super dad bod .
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:00 pm
Hunt is not in a good mind state he's distracted with his legal battles and lewis is a strong wrestler i doubt he stands with hunt long.

He will look to take him down and gnp finish early.

Which is my pick.

UFC Fight Night 110: Hunt vs. Lewis (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Fka_315
fka
fka

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:02 pm
I truly hope hunt wins but my gut says hunt gets the Lesnar tres
treatment again.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:37 am
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:I hope Hunt gets the walkoff KO in this one.  Lewis is dangerous though.

Be great to see the walk of knock out as for the co main this should test to see if Dan Kelly is ready for the top ten I know he has that win of rashard but rashard Is on the down slide and had never competed in the 84kg division .
Still I'm rooting for hunt and Kelly super Samoan and the super dad bod .

That's right, this is another big test for Kelly. He surprised a lot of people in his last fight. Would be cool to see him do it again.

Yup, got to pull for Hunt in this one.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:39 am
fka wrote:Hunt is not in a good mind state he's distracted with his legal battles and lewis is a strong wrestler i doubt he stands with hunt long.

He will look to take him down and gnp finish early.

Which is my pick.

UFC Fight Night 110: Hunt vs. Lewis (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Fka_315

I hope Hunt can thwart Lewis take down attempts and keep this standing which is his best chance of winning this fight. That legal stuff can definitely be a distraction. I am going with Hunt in this one by TKO round 3 but I wouldn't be surprised either way. This is an interesting fight.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:40 am
fka wrote:I truly hope hunt wins but my gut says hunt gets the Lesnar tres
treatment again.

Hopefully not the Lesnar treatment. Remember how many steroids it took for Lesnar to control Hunt like that. Lewis is strong but he wasn't constructed in a chemical facility.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 pm
Pichel ended fight with nice uppercut.  First finish in this event.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:13 pm
Watch out for Cutelaba. What a quick vicious finish.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:52 am
Round 4 TKO for Hunt! Was great to see him get another win, this time against a big up-and-comer. Still going strong at 43.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:21 am
CDF47 wrote:Round 4 TKO for Hunt!  Was great to see him get another win, this time against a big up-and-comer.  Still going strong at 43.
100℅ the Samoan still has it in him I admit damn Kelly lost ,Dan the sort of guy if he started striking a bit earlier he might of gotten further still Hooker and volkov how ever it is spelt picked up some nice wins
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:21 am
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Round 4 TKO for Hunt!  Was great to see him get another win, this time against a big up-and-comer.  Still going strong at 43.
100℅ the Samoan still has it in him I admit damn Kelly lost ,Dan the sort of guy if he started striking a bit earlier he might of gotten further still Hooker and volkov how ever it is spelt picked up some nice wins

I was surprised that Lewis had no chance at all of taking Hunt down. He made a couple attempts but there was no way that was happening. When I saw that, confidence in Hunt winning the fight definitely started growing.

I was hoping to see another big Kelly upset but he got taken out.  Brunson looked good.  The prelims for this card were a bit lack luster with few finishes but then the event really picked up and turned out to be entertaining.
fka
fka

Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:18 pm
Kelly finally looked how he should his opponents generally overlook and undertrain for him......brunson knocked his block clean off lol.

Cutelaba looked good but frankenstein fights like his nickname straight up no head movement lol he got starched.

Hunt GOT the tko!!!!

I think he started slow nd didnt look very accurate until the later rounds when lewis gassed.

Lewis is a fucking idiot.....worst gameplan in a long time that I've seen.Instead of throwing combos working in takedowns gradually and using his massive reach advantage he screws the pooch.

At 380+lbs why would your gameplan be explode with single big punches in the pocket as hunt moves in?then throw only power single syrike like head kicks,flying knees,and right hands.Then use telegraphed nearly standing straight up and down takedown attempts?

He fought the exact fight for hunt to cruise to victory when he has the tools to win.

I hear lewis is contemplating retiring from mma lol after just renewing his ufc contract and getting dealt a big paying deal.

He's got no brains,and seems like no heart maybe he should retire...?
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:26 pm
fka wrote:Kelly finally looked how he should his opponents generally overlook and undertrain for him......brunson knocked his block clean off lol.

Cutelaba looked good but frankenstein fights like his nickname straight up no head movement lol he got starched.

Hunt GOT the tko!!!!

I think he started slow nd didnt look very accurate until the later rounds when lewis gassed.

Lewis is a fucking idiot.....worst gameplan in a long time that I've seen.Instead of throwing combos working in takedowns gradually and using his massive reach advantage he screws the pooch.

At 380+lbs why would your gameplan be explode with single big punches in the pocket as hunt moves in?then throw only power single syrike like head kicks,flying knees,and right hands.Then use telegraphed nearly standing straight up and down takedown attempts?

He fought the exact fight for hunt to cruise to victory when he has the tools to win.

I hear lewis is contemplating retiring from mma lol after just renewing his ufc contract and getting dealt a big paying deal.

He's got no brains,and seems like no heart maybe he should retire...?

Frankenstein Silva did fight like his nickname, I agree. Cutelaba smashed him. Not sure if Cutelaba is as good as he claims to be yet but he could be a decent up-and-comer.

So glad to see Hunto get that TKO. He did bide his time in there and Lewis gassed so bad with his hands on his hips for two rounds. Hunt's TD defense was rock solid and he wore Lewis out on the feet. I doubt Lewis is really retiring though. Lewis punches were crazy wild haymakers half the time. Hunt slipped each one with ease although a couple came close and could have ended the night. It was just great to see Hunt get the stoppage and plans to continue fighting out his contract.

fka
fka

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:27 pm
Cd hamilcar joined team global mma
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:57 am
fka wrote:Cd hamilcar joined team global mma

Nice
Kinosis
Kinosis

Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:36 pm
I hope Hunt goes to Bellator or Rizin after his ufc contact. Glad he got the win.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:48 pm
Kinosis wrote:I hope Hunt goes to Bellator or Rizin after his ufc contact.  Glad he got the win.

That would be cool. I think he has 2 fights on his contract left now and he has his problems with the UFC due to the steroid deal. It's definitely possible if he wants to keep on fighting. It'd be nice to see him back in the ring in Japan.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:58 pm
Mark Hunt is now #6 HW inn world on Fight Matrix.

Pride Neva Dies!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum