GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

K-1 and Glory's 70kg Tournaments, Side By Side which is better

1 - 20%
2 - 40%
2 - 40%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%

Total Votes: 5

Poll closed
ZuffaKiller

Which Kickboxing 70kg Tornament is Better? Empty Which Kickboxing 70kg Tornament is Better?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:29 am
Well now that we've known both K-1 and GLORY's "Final 16" for their 70kg tournaments for a bit, let's look at them, side by side. Although there's a downside to there being two different tournaments as opposed to one big one with all the talent, the positive is that we get more quality, high level kickboxing with some of the best fighters back in a tournament format over multiple events.

Glory

Giorgio Petrosyan vs. Fabio Pinca
Maxim Vorovski vs. Sanny Dahlbeck
Robin van Roosmalen vs. Dzhabar Askerov
Ky Hollenbeck vs. Michael Corley
Yoshihiro Sato vs. Shemsi Beqiri
Dennis Schneidmiller vs. Qi Chenglong
Kem Sitsongpeenong vs. Cosmo Alexandre
Albert Kraus vs. Mohamed El Mir

or

K-1

Mike Zambidis vs. Chahid Oulad El Hadj
Andy Souwer vs. Abraham Roqueni
Artur Kyshenko vs. Su Hwan Lee
Harut Grigorian vs. Murthel Groenhart
Longern Superpro Samui vs. Chris Ngimbi
Gago Drago vs. Andy Ristie
Xu Yan vs. Yasuhiro Kido
Yuji Nashiro vs. Reese McCallister

K-1 and GLORY both have good tournaments set up, but which one do you think is better?

http://www.liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1477:k-1-and-glorys-70kg-tournaments-side-by-side&catid=37:kickboxing
wekka
wekka

Which Kickboxing 70kg Tornament is Better? Empty Re: Which Kickboxing 70kg Tornament is Better?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:24 am
They're both really good, but I have to side with Glory solely for having the best fighter in the world at that weight division. It also helps they have solid matches like Roosmalen/Askerov and Khem/Cosmo.

I do believe K-1 will have the more entertaining fights though.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Which Kickboxing 70kg Tornament is Better? Empty Re: Which Kickboxing 70kg Tornament is Better?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:03 am
K-1 has the better tournament. The only thing glory has over K-1 is that they have Giorgio.
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:42 pm
Both are really good, I canĀ“t pick one over the other. These tourneys will be awesome.
rezin
rezin

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 pm
Both are quality and it's cool we get two tourneys in the same year but I don't like the division of fighters.

Well at least neither promotion can monopolize the name talent.

With Japanese promotions monopolizing was never an issue. These guys I'm not so sure.
ZuffaKiller

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:23 pm
moronoRepublic wrote:They're both really good, but I have to side with Glory solely for having the best fighter in the world at that weight division. It also helps they have solid matches like Roosmalen/Askerov and Khem/Cosmo.

I do believe K-1 will have the more entertaining fights though.

Then vote!!
ZuffaKiller

Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:33 pm
I picked K-1 because I liked that they have a diverse group of tournament participants. Not saying Glory does not because they do. Both have recent K-1 Max tournament winners in Giorgio Petrosyan for Glory who is right now the best fighter and 70 kg and last years K-1 Max Japan tournament winner Yuji Nashiro who bested Albert Kraus. But with K-1 back Im eager to see how it turns out this year.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum