GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

How the Flying Balls is This Muay Thai and Not Taekwondo? Empty How the Flying Balls is This Muay Thai and Not Taekwondo?

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:19 pm
So, congratulations, you guys are now going to know my Reddit handle.

I posted this in r/Taekwondo https://www.reddit.com/r/taekwondo/comments/7vbr8p/the_greatest_taekwondo_fight_scene_ever_filmed/

How can Taekwondo practitioners be so ignorant as to how to identify the difference between TKD and Muay Thai? You can even get a comparison between her kick and Tony Jaa's at the beginning. She throws all of the kicks (save the one at the end) from a front kick chamber and is then re-chambered after the kick. Muay Thai is thrown without the chamber, it is swung in an arc (best way I know to describe) with the intention of going through the target. And I know this because, I spent three straight months, going to a Muay Thai gym run by fighters from Thailand, literally only practicing that kick. I was taught no other technique and I practiced it three hours a day. I know that kick when I see it. It is only at the end that she throws one.

Further, she throws double and triple kicks, again re-chambering the kick each time.

Also, there is alot of side leg checks thrown from the rear leg. That is not Muay Thai. You don't throw a side-kick from the rear leg without turning the body in Muay Thai.

Finally, she is fighting in the TKD stance the whole, time. Muay Thai is the front facing stance, she is sideways. Again, I know this because I spent three months fighting TKD muscle memory to fight like a muay thai guy.

So, I unsubscribed from that Reddit and am never going to show my face there again. They do not know Taekwondo. They are idiots.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

How the Flying Balls is This Muay Thai and Not Taekwondo? Empty Re: How the Flying Balls is This Muay Thai and Not Taekwondo?

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:12 pm
Cool video
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum