GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Pioneer, Eduardo Dantas tries to keep title in Brazil Empty Pioneer, Eduardo Dantas tries to keep title in Brazil

Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:49 pm
Eduardo Dantas made history. First Brazilian to conquer a Bellator belt, the bantamweight reached one of the biggest goals in his career. The fighter, who defeated Zach Makovsky via submission, lived the best day of his life as earned the title of the second biggest MMA event of the world.

On an interview with TATAME, the Nova Uniao athlete talked about his happiness, commented on his next goals, his plans on helping his mother in Rio de Janeiro, and the fans recognition.

Check below the complete interview:

How does it feel when your dreams come true?
It was really good. Since the first time I fought I had the dream of becoming a champion and raising the belt up high. Thank God I did it step by step. When I earned the title I couldn’t believe it. It was the happiest day ever, especially on an international event. Since I was the first Brazilian to do it, I was even happier. Now I’m training to keep this title for as long as I can, until I reach my ultimate goal, which is to become the best fighter of the world in my division.

Besides keeping the belt, what are your plans now?
I think about training a lot more and don’t let my fights go to the judges’ score card. I want to knockout or submit. I’m focused on that. That’s my goal. Since now I have time between my fights I wanna improve even more.

What changed since you became a Bellator champion?
A lot changed. People’s recognition, especially since I fought on the United States and then stayed there for four days, so people recognized me on the streets. It’s pretty cool. Esporte Interativo (Brazilian TV channel) is broadcasting Bellator, so our recognition is bigger. On the internet there’re thousands of comments. My fight was watched by 3,9 million people on Esporte Interativo. I’m really glad to hear that.

Now you have the belt people will start to know you better…
Absolutely. Now people will want what is mine, so it’s a big incentive to have this title kept here and put on a great show. I like moving forwards, being aggressive. That’s what the fans like. I’ll try to work on my flaws and my skills.

You said you live with your mother and wants to help her to retire. Is this dream closer now?
Sure, absolutely. My dream is to give my mom a better life. My dream is to say “mom, you don’t need to work anymore”. I want to help and pay her back for everything she gave me.

What will you do with this money you got now?
A little is invested in me and I don’t touch it. It’s in the bank, safe.

How are your English classes going?
I’ve been doing it for a month now. I have to speak English. Bellator guys pressured me. It’s gonna be awesome. I was taking classes before and stopped. I’m in the middle, but I stopped, so they pushed me since I’m the champion. They really liked my fight and it’s going to be great communicating with the guys abroad.

Bellator plans a Brazilian edition of the show. Did they tell you anything about it?
Yeah. Bjorn (Redney), the event owner, said that in 2013 they’ll come to Brazil.

Do you want to be in this card?
Absolutely. If they really come to Brazil I’ll be there. In 2013 Bellator is signing a deal with Spike TV and it’s going to be even better. I’m sure the event will come to Brazil early in 2013.

http://www.tatame.com/2012/04/30/Pioneer-Eduardo-Dantas-tries-to-keep-title-in-Brazil
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Pioneer, Eduardo Dantas tries to keep title in Brazil Empty Re: Pioneer, Eduardo Dantas tries to keep title in Brazil

Tue May 01, 2012 6:43 pm
Dantas is really cool! I made a HL of him

Wolfman
Wolfman

Pioneer, Eduardo Dantas tries to keep title in Brazil Empty Re: Pioneer, Eduardo Dantas tries to keep title in Brazil

Tue May 01, 2012 7:08 pm
stu3ufc wrote:Dantas is really cool! I made a HL of him

Nice. Could you post it here?

EDIT:

This one? Smile
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue May 01, 2012 8:32 pm
yes wolfman!!! thanks
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum